The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a hunch there’s a story behind Chris the volunteer, too. That whole situation was odd. I get the sense MPK becomes possessive pretty quickly when it comes to guys. He may have screened volunteers and saw Chris as a potential boyfriend…kind of creepy.
Even just from his attempts to supply some Christmas content (hardly can call that vlogs) I can see he's not in a very healthy place right now. i have said it before: he can be quiet violent when driven by alcohol and/or drugs (as I have experienced myself at least once) or when he's having one of his manic episodes. He really doesn't have to be the bad guy we all have recognized in him, but he is lost in so many ways: mental health, family stuff, no real love in his life, pushed aside by his bff SJ, several addiction related problems, nothing meaningful to do, nothing to get out of bed for.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Andrew is quite fluent in English but he doesn't want to talk about it. He has said that he left for his own peace of mind and that he wants to keep his distance from Teabag.
Yet, Teabag used to tell us that Andrew doesn't speak English and comment that Andrew couldn't understand what what was being said. Clearly he didn't want Andrew to speak.
Teabag barely keeps his malevolent nature hidden in his vlogs, so no surprise he can't sustain a relationship!

Reactions: 33
Oh but we suspect some have had Covid. Both Amuary & Squirrelboy were sick in November, especially Amuary. But they probably were never tested, and if it was Covid, they likely won't admit it. Can't spoil Chrismas and if Covid was at the shitoo how could Chantal, Steve, Maiike, Potty, Ruth, Nic, Marie & Antoine all visit from the UK, Belgium & the Netherlands for the holidays!

SJ's motto is 'We can't let a little Covid spoil a bad party at the shitoo'
Spot on. SJ has had Covid herself too. But we all know how much she loves her privacy, right?

Le Fleur and Rosieres both offer workaways on the site.
I'd love to know why Lalande is no longer there.
On repeat: because she used workaways as her personal supply of bed partners and got kicked out after several complaints were filed against her, one of them from little old me (but don't tell her that, hihi).

To slightly switch topics, anyone on here dislike Meghan Markle’s actions and sees that she is a narcissist, who has incited a group of unhinged supporters, the likes of which I have never seen before
Not a very smart move. You've been warned about derailing before, haven't you?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I'd love to know what the other Chateau de Lalande thinks of SJ and her cast of characters! I can only imagine their frustration.

Reactions: 10
Lalalande was banned after the workaways worked longer than they were supposed to, I think 5 hours a day. Tomaz highlighted how many hours they actually worked. They weren't given the breaks they were supposed to. Then there was the fact SJ was sleeping with workaways!
Again, it might have played some part in the decision to expel her, but the main reason to kick her out was her indecent behavior with multiple volunteers in the program. Asked about this, SJ herself will obviously deny this and tell you she doesn't need workaway anymore because she gets so many requests from her fans to come help. I am sure this is true also, but by organizing it this way there's no outside control on the safety of volunteers at her HMN and no place for those poor suckers to complain once they've been mistreated, a win/win for SJ.

Reactions: 39
Annalise only seems to have the occasional client and has said that she wasn't ready to take on additional work. I can't see La Diva trotting off to have her hair done at Annlise's home. Who would be taking care of the boys? As it is, when Annalise comes to do hair at the HMN, Dan usually takes over the childcare, even if that means that the boys are with him while he is in work.

I agree that Dan needs to take more care of his own health and well-being, however people seem to be looking for excuses to have a go at him. (It always seems to happen around this time of day! 🤔)

Dan dresses for his manual job and isn't afraid to get dirty. (He never arrives for work or to start his day wearing dirty clothes though.) Would you prefer him to dress like our resident fop and strut around in a woman's silk robe and his kinky boots? There was criticism when he dressed more stylishly for his trip to London, with comments then that he was dressing to impress Fanny.

Annalise referred to herself as "a bit chavvy, unlike Dan." Doesn't sound as though she feels that she has "married down." What awful snobbery!

Suddenly we are having comments about Dan not being very bright or "not the sharpest tool in the shed." How strange then that he is able to support his own family financially, continue to work on his home, become the "go to" in a crisis and at the same time take active steps to develop a more fulfilling and probably financially rewarding career. If only our Oxbridge- educated Fanny could lay claim to a fraction of his motivation to work or to be able support herself without grifting.
Just a precision about the situation of childcare in France.

In France, more than 80% of mothers work outside the home. It's been the case since decades and decades.

The childcare system is very performant and cheap in comparison with other countries. On the top of it, parents who are in Dan and Annelise's professional and financial situation get State childcare allowances (among other benefits).

Usually, French mothers go back to work 3 months after the birth. Of course, they can ask for a longer parental leave but it's not paid after the three months of maternity leave.

Pretty sure that in their local towns, there are some Town run (municipal) nurseries, crèches or preschool for very young toddlers.

Besides, the State run school École Maternelle which is free starts at 3 year-old.

Annelise could work but I suppose she prefers to be a stay-at-home mum...and why not.

Reactions: 28
I just cannot understand the people who give her money and will watch her swanning around Venice with a Snortlette in one hand and a martini in the other and think its so romantic and just lovely!
Are they mad?? Well , yes they are.
Do you think she will sell the Chateau so she can live in Venice ?
So what will she do there in Venice ? Buy Murano Chandeliers , drink tons of Bellini's , float on Gondoliers all day and party all night with a Snortlette - if he is lucky and still around??
Well - why not , sounds fabbo but ........ when you are getting older and you do not have that energy for all that and like the Chateau , there is the heating and the sinking too ! Venice in winter must be so cold.
Mummie Dearest is getting really old by then and what to do ???
Old Percy may have fallen off his perch and IJ is your responsibility !
I feel IJ will be a tarter to deal with when she is disabled and very elderly!
So , hide in Venice , send Squirrel Snortlette over to SA and deal with it all for you - "he is good with the elderly - you go for me Squirrel - sort Mummy out " but , will Squirrel stay with her .... you know, he just might get sick of her first and go !
Will Potts and Baghead Still be around and interested? They may have problems of their own as the time goes by.
Still.... if she has socked it all away in a "secret bank "...... Fanny may live the life of riley in her older age but ..... I kind of think she will be very lonely unless old Teabag has seeped in and keeps her company ....... but I would not trust him anywhere near my $$$ purse as that spiv will be desperate in a number or years!
I am sure Gwen will have thrown out him and perhaps her husband when the penny finally drops and she realizes she has been well and truly used.
Just a little old thought of mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You are right about Dan. I’m genuinely worried about his health, he looks shattered.
What I don't get is that none of her current "candies of the week" check in with their predecessors to get an idea of what's coming to them so they can be prepared for it. They all genuinely seem to think that what happened before has no bearing on their own relation to the shittelaine, as if what they are doing was not done before, as if they are inventing this life-style and are part of some sort of movement. The only thing that gets moved is the money coming into her accounts.

Couldn’t Dan perhaps be a tartlet?
He most certainly is not.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Again, it might have played some part in the decision to expel her, but the main reason to kick her out was her indecent behavior with multiple volunteers in the program. Asked about this, SJ herself will obviously deny this and tell you she doesn't need workaway anymore because she gets so many requests from her fans to come help. I am sure this is true also, but by organizing it this way there's no outside control on the safety of volunteers at her HMN and no place for those poor suckers to complain once they've been mistreated, a win/win for SJ.
It almost makes me nervous for some at Lalande with no way of vetting the volunteers that the site somewhat provided. They must be bombarded with inquiries from superfans, and psycho crackpots. I even get nervous watching live cadeaus; what if someone sends a turd, tainted food, poisoned dress, bedbuggy plush hedgehog...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The Depperhaugh was bought in 1996 for £800k.
Accounts for 2015 for those curious how much nursing homes cost to run.

I suppose if you do pay dividends of over £200k you will end up loosing money. Remember who the only directors are.
Income up by almost 100k in a year. Same number of occupants probably, so a hefty jump in fees.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What stumps me…even if Michael succeeds in finishing the cottage, what’s in it for him? Think about it…he went to all the trouble to raise the money (YouTube, Patreon, Gofundme), designed the space, coordinated the renovation, managed the project. What happens then? All that time, effort, energy, and resources…but it’s NOT HIS! He doesn’t own it! He couldn’t even use the cottage as collateral to get a line of credit or loan for another project. If I was MPK, I would be working out some kind of deal with Gwen and Billy for them to somehow sell him that property. I don’t know how it would work…the whole thing is so messy…go figure! But if Gwen and Billy say “no,” I’d walk away from it if I was Michael. All he’s been doing is enriching the pockets of Gwen (and, by default, Billy).

Really, seriously, who cares because it was ALL FREE MONEY- not like he put in his own hard earned $$$ who gives a rats ass what this guy does

Reactions: 4
I'm sure all of the reasons you mention played a role too, but she got kicked out of the workaway program mainly because of complaints she was sleeping with multiple volunteers and was basically using the program as her private dating app.
I find that very interesting reason. I doubt her conquests lodged the complaints.

Reactions: 6
Would like to know whether background checks are done on volunteers and if volunteers are required to sign NDA’s.

Reactions: 13
I really WANT to like her, but unfortunately, find her incredibly annoying (it's the awkward way she speaks and presents herself). I do think without her and her efforts, the Viscount and his parents would not be able to keep up with the maintenance and bills required for the upkeep on their massive estate (everyday, another family country home goes on the market for this very reason- the inherited money runs dry), so I do give her props for that, and the fact she's been incredibly successful with her business ventures to bring revenue into the coffers. I also give her props for being more proactive than the family in documenting/researching the historical aspects of Mapperton and those who owned it.

I mean I think the thing is that I can look at her and say " well done you!" And "good job" and KNOW that she is actually WORKING on what she said she is working on - aka-the 8 million projects in the house and garden.

100% without the "get up and go" of our Midwestern lady of the land - the family at Mapperton would have had to probably sell something or give the house over to the national trust. 🙄 That vicount married "up" by marrying an American 😊

I find that very interesting reason. I doubt her conquests lodged the complaints.
Oh, I do not think she is a sexual dynamo of any sort! So, ya.... the complaint could have gone something like this: well we have to work about 8 hrs a day 7 days a week while madame takes naps and has parties with her friends. THEN to add insult to injury the creepy old lady tries sneaking I to our bed at night! Mostly for foot rubs ... but EW

• Heart
Unfortunately for Amury the accounts take a downward slide when the company becomes Oak Tree Barns.
Directors loans (lending your own money to the company). Having cash in the bank looks ok until you see that it's swallowed up if your director calls in their loan. (Accountants out there, sorry it's only balance sheets)

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I watched "Don't look up" last night on Netflix and recommend it. Jennifer Lawrence wears many ugly Jumpers but still manages to look attractive.
Lots of big stars in the movie but they all are playing characters that are different to what they usually play. Leo is older bumbling man instead of hero/action type. Meryl is very shallow and narc. Didn't even recognise Cate Blanchet etc Anyway worth a watch, and fast forward the credits to near the end to see an final extra scene.
We watched it also. I will highly recommend Netflix: Death to 2021. ALSO highly recommended but for other reasons: The Witcher- but that is mostly to look at Henry Cavill 😉 also at Henry Cavill doing the nasty 😳... and up, any place, any time, anywhere. - whatever perversion floats your boat and ruins my life. Yes. Any. Time.

Also, our daughter looks at Leonardo D and says: Ew! RAT FACE? You guys used to think RAT FACE was handsome and sexy- ugh, what was wrong with you! Well yes child I do agree with you - what you call " toxic masculinity" I like to call - a very masculine man. Like: 🤣🤣🤣 Henry Cavill. One word- I worry about the size of his hands...😶 I'm not sure if it's camera angles, or if he is just so super fit his giant muscles make his hands look small.... I haven't seen an angle yet where I can work out if it's "a matched set" sooo.... anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?? It's a topic I could debate all day long🤣🤣🥰🤔🙄🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Now you know me, always one to bite my tongue, buttt.... now this pains me to write this, because I have such affection for Nicolas Fairfront-Bottom and his highly affected ways, but doesn't this candle packaging conjure up discount merchandise on the bottom shelf at TKMaxx? Fairlyforward and I don't share the same taste at all - however I certainly do enjoy watching his take on English Country House on a budget but there really is a point where you have to question someone's taste level. Then again, I suppose he knows his audience and this maybe what the elderly ladies would like, but it's giving little more than merchandise from a provincial gift shop - you know I think I probably saw this candle, or something similar, in the Eden Project gift shop a few days ago for £7. But I cannot complain, because at least he's not grifting so heavily - he's not asked us to buy him the wax for the candles like Sadie and Queenie's carrots (shocking).

Oh and Dan's a lost cause - never much liked him.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 09.55.15.png
Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 09.59.12.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Annalise said in her success interview with Marie that she feels she was meant to be a Mother and loves it. I felt the same when my boys were young. Nothing wrong with that. But I also wanted support (not just financial) from my husband. Parenting is not really a one person job. It can be done but is more exhausting and less fun without someone to share the ups and downs.
The biggest earner can for a while be given a free pass to follow their career, especially when you are trying to set up a nest egg or a financial safety net. But this free pass does not last forever!
So Dan better do his best to balance this family with his job and his paying hobby. I know it is a cliche, but children are only little for such a short time and you never get it back when it's gone.
So true!! With my cast still on, all of my injuries and pain - my hubs is having to do 90% or more of it ALL. Work, cooking, cleaning, dropping off the kid, picking up the kid, walking the dogs, taking the kid to appointments etc.... I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it - HOWEVER 😑 when he starts to witch... I give him a Starr and say: OVER A DECADE Mr. Not 6 weeks but OVER A DECADE before you got the memo😋 No. Parenting needs two people at the very least or a VILLAGE!!

He's selling prints...dealers like to call them originals, but a lot of them are fakes. Dali pre-signed roughly between 40K - 60K sheets of paper before he died. The lithos on those sheets of paper may or may not be legit. Plenty of people forged his signature as well.

Even if they are actual prints-they re-sell for nothing and are technically just "posters". While in NYC I knew quite a few people who were "collectors" they wouldn't touch the stuff. Especially since so much of it is made AFTER the death of the artist- and there was something funky about how they do the signatures- I can't remember what it is - but they aren't "real". It's basically what we like to call "mall art"😋

La Diva Loca! 😂

Oooo! Are you working in production here in LA? 😁

Because he's

I am still wondering who's boobs that are. Not hers, for sure, she has tiny, tiny boobs.
You can do sooo much with a bra. PLUS as menopause starts to set in.... so do the bigger boobs. It goes along with the whole "your metabolism just died and now you can eat a crust of bread a day and still gain weight" all of the women who got giant implants didn't think about HOW MATRONLY bigger boobs make you look -and that's because-THEY ARE MATRONLY 🤢🤮

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
But they are all informed of the real purpose of her lovely liaison with the King of Snorts: entertainment.
Hey, Snorts: You aware of this?

Curious definition of entertainment. Is she entertaining herself, or viewers? Is torture a form of entertainment?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.