The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:unsure: :coffee: Dan needs different "content". Although funny, he is a typical man, not a chatter
I feel like Dan chatters :ROFLMAO: Did you watch his vlogs with Amoury or his vlog on success? I wish him the best but he can totally chatter on and on with the best of them.

Reactions: 7
Imagine what her friends think!
I’m sorry, but as happy as my friend might appear be with a young boy carrying her handbag ( cough) I‘d be cautioning her strongly against continuance. The optics are appalling. Over 20 years in age difference. Him an obsequious penniless, undereducated grifter. One with so little life choices he came to her as a volunteer. A man incapable of carving his own path. Utterly dependent. I truly cannot see how she has a single friend who would support her in this relationship.
Jeeze, imagine sitting next to him at dinner! What sort of conversation could you have with Snorts? Cutlery? Spode? Hmmmm...

"Hey Snorts, what're your thoughts on China dominating rare earth elements, especially mines?'

"Hey Snorts, what's your opinion on climate change? You're the same age as Greta Thunberg, so have you attended climate protests?".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Thanks for sharing this, I've heard of this vlog but have never seen it! It sheds some light on what happened in Spain. I feel badly for him that he went through some of that, no one likes to be used and abused by someone they care for. Kind of a drag he asks for more money for a bespoke staircase at the end, not too difficult to go to a DIY shop and buy risers and whatnot. I'm still curious what went down with Andrew from Columbia and the volunteer that came and went shortly after Andrew disappeared.
Don’t fall for it! That’s his modus operandi…he’s reeling you in with his sob story and trying to make you feel empathy for him. Then…he hits you with the real purpose of the video…the “ask” for money. He chose to go to Spain and spend all that money on men, hotels, booze, and parties. It’s HIS fault…no matter how much he tries to blame everyone else. So…snap out of it! Do I need to come over and smack you? 😆. (Just kidding!)

Just go to MPK’s Instagram page and check out his Spain pictures…especially the pics and video of his beautiful, large hotel room suite….you won’t feel too badly for him after that!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Don’t fall for it! That’s his modus operandi…he’s reeling you in with his sob story and trying to make you feel empathy for him. Then…he hits you with the real purpose of the video…the “ask” for money. He chose to go to Spain and spend all that money on men, hotels, booze, and parties. It’s HIS fault…no matter how much he tries to blame everyone else. So…snap out of it! Do I need to come over and smack you? 😆. (Just kidding!)

Just go to MPK’s Instagram page and check out his Spain pictures…especially the pics and video of his beautiful, large hotel room suite….you won’t feel too badly for him after that!
Thank you! Let's not forget the expensive AirBnB, those expensive hotel meals and, especially, let's not forget the drugs. While we are at it, please don't fall for the "someone I was in a relationship with took my money" or whatever. It's called paying for services rendered. He was never ever in a relationship, he was paying for them all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you! Let's not forget the expensive AirBnB, those expensive hotel meals and, especially, let's not forget the drugs. While we are at it, please don't fall for the "someone I was in a relationship with took my money" or whatever. It's called paying for services rendered. He was never ever in a relationship, he was paying for them all.
I wonder if we all did whip round and paid Andrew to talk for an hour if we’d get much clarity to the contract between the two? Tbh I think Andrew would find that the easiest 200Euros (I have no idea how much he charges…) he’d ever earned and he wouldn’t even have to douche.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
We had a belt called "old grey" that mom used. Oh the days of corporal punishment.
❤...hmm...hey, you are my sis from another mis...ah yes,,,the thick 2” belt...left welts on a young girls skinny legs...wrapped around the neck...it was difficult to breathe...nowadays that would be considered child abuse...back then...it was discipline. toughened a young scrawny girl up,,,that’s for sure...no cryin’ li’l missy...you’re not hurt...deal with it...ah...fun times...😎

...actually...thinking about it..IJ was a gift...compared to the mother..

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks for sharing this, I've heard of this vlog but have never seen it! It sheds some light on what happened in Spain. I feel badly for him that he went through some of that, no one likes to be used and abused by someone they care for. Kind of a drag he asks for more money for a bespoke staircase at the end, not too difficult to go to a DIY shop and buy risers and whatnot. I'm still curious what went down with Andrew from Columbia and the volunteer that came and went shortly after Andrew disappeared.
Here’s some of the Spain pics from Instagram…Picturepetherick. He was there for several months.

6F92459B-5A93-4354-9A58-AE42EEEB4B52.jpeg
9AB6C5AC-D4EF-4C57-B6B7-ED7E93592268.jpeg
81F885CA-0586-4F9B-8966-17454E0B6C3C.jpeg
CCED9BDC-1F78-411D-8535-150ECFBC1409.jpeg
44236042-233B-44C1-922F-8F44001BB58F.jpeg
8FF39F2F-2D48-4787-AEE3-16B3EDEE96C1.jpeg
6CFBD732-736F-4EBA-B7E4-837C3BB1B554.jpeg
7A571441-13D5-46C5-B8E2-6F8D6AC92B09.jpeg
044BB486-3D34-4FA4-98CD-D05A8CC957B0.jpeg
7813E35A-2CCD-4F27-BDC0-36A689F0AD77.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Is there anyone who no longer watches Chateau Diaries, Dan's Vlogs (although I still like him as a person), etc, feel that you were almost under some sort of spell, or slightly addicted? I think it became a distraction from the stressful situation concerning the virus, as well as the political and social issues going on. Now I don't watch them, I feel that I fell down some sort of rabbit hole. I don't have an addictive personality, so I am perplexed looking back upon that time that I behaved in that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
❤...hmm...hey, you are my sis from another mis...ah yes,,,the thick 2” belt...left welts on a young girls skinny legs...wrapped around the neck...it was difficult to breathe...nowadays that would be considered child abuse...back then...it was discipline. toughened a young scrawny girl up,,,that’s for sure...no cryin’ li’l missy...you’re not hurt...deal with it...ah...fun times...😎
oh @silvergirl that's horrific. My mother was a piece of work (in the mental/emotional abuse type of stuff), but she had a 3 good smacks just on the butt policy. It stung good, but never a welt. And around the neck, that is just awful. Gosh, I want to cry for little silvergirl. Hugs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Is there anyone who no longer watches Chateau Diaries, Dan's Vlogs (although I still like him as a person), etc, feel that you were almost under some sort of spell, or slightly addicted? I think it became a distraction from the stressful situation concerning the virus, as well as the political and social issues going on. Now I don't watch them, I feel that I fell down some sort of rabbit hole. I don't have an addictive personality, so I am perplexed looking back upon that time that I behaved in that way.
Nope, I think you will find most here are watching just for the gossip. I don't overthink it. I have time on my hands and watch. Glad that you fell out from under the *spell*. Enjoy your time here reading if you aren't watching.

Jarvis uses Workaways which means she can lock and leave a freezing building to its own devices and new volunteers simply take up the challenge or return next season.

That said, she could get another 6-8 weeks of shoulder season with the heating sorted. Does she want this?
She is no longer on the Workaways site. I don't know if it's because it's not allowed in France or if she didn't want to adhere to the site's rules that state all volunteers must be provided with room and board along with minimum wage for each hour worked. If you run a search, you'll find discussions about it from earlier this year.

Reactions: 9
Yes to all of the above. I’ve recently unsubscribed from all of them. It feels a bit like when I quit smoking; I know they are bad for me, but I still kind of miss them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

He is a professional Spiv.......... he knows exactly what he is doing and why !!

Afternoon All ..... lovely sunny day , sitting in the courtyard with my doggie and reading Tattle ! :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder if we all did whip round and paid Andrew to talk for an hour if we’d get much clarity to the contract between the two? Tbh I think Andrew would find that the easiest 200Euros (I have no idea how much he charges…) he’d ever earned and he wouldn’t even have to douche.
I think I recall someone saying he charges €150 an hour…a bargain! For us “15 Tattlers,” that’s only €10 each! 😆 We just need someone who’s fluent in Spanish to get the whole story.

• Haha
I’m curious why you care. There is no rule that says I have to be subscribed to, or watch Dan or The CD, to be entertained here. Other channels are discussed. I’ve been here a long time. I come here for the humor, insight, and snarky comments. Oh…ding ding…we have a winner!

The comment I was responding to has been deleted.This is not directed at you @Pippip

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
<snip>
I agree that Dan needs to take more care of his own health and well-being, however people seem to be looking for excuses to have a go at him. (It always seems to happen around this time of day! 🤔)
<snip>
Suddenly we are having comments about Dan not being very bright or "not the sharpest tool in the shed." How strange then that he is able to support his own family financially, continue to work on his home, become the "go to" in a crisis and at the same time take active steps to develop a more fulfilling and probably financially rewarding career. If only our Oxbridge- educated Fanny could lay claim to a fraction of his motivation to work or to be able support herself without grifting.
I've long been a Danfender. I know he's a hard worker and I've been pleased to see his filming improve. This doesn't excuse the fact that he does dangerous things that are not smart and then sends them out to the world via his vlog. I held my tongue when he used the digger as a lift, I even looked the other way when he used the weed burner to light the stove. (I own and use an oxy acetlyene torch myself, and I would under NO circumstances use it to light my fireplace with) I'm not looking for excuses to have a go at him---he's presenting them right to me on a silver platter by having an entire vlog about how he painted the interior of his studio using a paint sprayer without the use of safety gear. :rolleyes: I just can't embrace or ignore that sort of dangerous behavior. He has asthma...there's a good chance he will end up not being able to provide for his family in ten years time because of how reckless he's being today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think I recall someone saying he charges €150 an hour…a bargain! For us “15 Tattlers,” that’s only €10 each! 😆 We just need someone who’s fluent in Spanish to get the whole story.
Andrew is quite fluent in English but he doesn't want to talk about it. He has said that he left for his own peace of mind and that he wants to keep his distance from Teabag.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I've long been a Danfender. I know he's a hard worker and I've been pleased to see his filming improve. This doesn't excuse the fact that he does dangerous things that are not smart and then sends them out to the world via his vlog. I held my tongue when he used the digger as a lift, I even looked the other way when he used the weed burner to light the stove. (I own and use an oxy acetlyene torch myself, and I would under NO circumstances use it to light my fireplace with) I'm not looking for excuses to have a go at him---he's presenting them right to me on a silver platter by having an entire vlog about how he painted the interior of his studio using a paint sprayer without the use of safety gear. :rolleyes: I just can't embrace or ignore that sort of dangerous behavior. He has asthma...there's a good chance he will end up not being able to provide for his family in ten years time because of how reckless he's being today.

The studio painting was very difficult for me to watch. I found myself hoping Dan wasn't smelling and tasting paint while I was eating my dinner tonight.

Reactions: 7
Andrew is quite fluent in English but he doesn't want to talk about it. He has said that he left for his own peace of mind and that he wants to keep his distance from Teabag.
I recall MPK commenting on one of his vlogs that Andrew was “asked to leave”…but what you’re saying makes more sense. Andrew came across as a fairly laid back, easy going guy. Things must have gotten pretty intense for him at Begmania.

Reactions: 21
I recall MPK commenting on one of his vlogs that Andrew was “asked to leave”…but what you’re saying makes more sense. Andrew came across as a fairly laid back, easy going guy. Things must have gotten pretty intense for him at Begmania.
Just saying, I never believe a single word that comes out of Teabag's mouth. The minute he said that I interpreted it as 'Andrew left, and I've got to say something to try to save face'. The whole getting engaged thing and moving him in from Spain so quickly was totally sketchy as well. It all reeks 🐂💩

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.