The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I isolate myself away from the world it crossed my mind the real Christmas Miracle was really the overtime that SJ’s push up bra put in this Yuletide season. I wonder if she’d be inclined to give us a tutorial - they were exceptionally buxom? A lesson in smoke and mirrors

You are so naughty Trengilly ... but give me Champagne (the good stuff) and I will tell you all my secrets ! Steph xoxo

Steph.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That we know off..........
[/QUOTE
]I think Clara said that Amaury and others had Covid but that it was being kept quiet. He certainly appeared quite unwell.
You're thinking about developing old timey films... that's what requires a dark room.
Otherwise a work space that you spend plenty of time in everyday needs to be nice and roomy and airy. Even Phillip (fleurie) who is a professional film maker has a similar studio for his work.

Annalise has said before that she doesn't have time for full time hair dressing and only takes the odd job that comes her way ( 2 small kids and all!)

Dan is obviously trying to better himself, learn new skills, and find other revenue streams... I don't see anything wrong with that!

Now if only he tries not to kill himself in the process...
Annalise only seems to have the occasional client and has said that she wasn't ready to take on additional work. I can't see La Diva trotting off to have her hair done at Annlise's home. Who would be taking care of the boys? As it is, when Annalise comes to do hair at the HMN, Dan usually takes over the childcare, even if that means that the boys are with him while he is in work.

I agree that Dan needs to take more care of his own health and well-being, however people seem to be looking for excuses to have a go at him. (It always seems to happen around this time of day! 🤔)

I imagine Annaleise spends dark nights when he's away at the shitoo wondering why the hell she ever got to so involved in this whole rural life and with this guy. She married down IMO. He looks more and more like a hillbilly and sometimes acts like one too.
Dan dresses for his manual job and isn't afraid to get dirty. (He never arrives for work or to start his day wearing dirty clothes though.) Would you prefer him to dress like our resident fop and strut around in a woman's silk robe and his kinky boots? There was criticism when he dressed more stylishly for his trip to London, with comments then that he was dressing to impress Fanny.

Annalise referred to herself as "a bit chavvy, unlike Dan." Doesn't sound as though she feels that she has "married down." What awful snobbery!

Suddenly we are having comments about Dan not being very bright or "not the sharpest tool in the shed." How strange then that he is able to support his own family financially, continue to work on his home, become the "go to" in a crisis and at the same time take active steps to develop a more fulfilling and probably financially rewarding career. If only our Oxbridge- educated Fanny could lay claim to a fraction of his motivation to work or to be able support herself without grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think I would definitely remember if Teabag had said something about splitting his revenue with Biffy. Would you mind showing the receipts because I think you have presented a false memory.
If I find it I will share. Hope it's not a false memory

Reactions: 8
You're thinking about developing old timey films... that's what requires a dark room.
Otherwise a work space that you spend plenty of time in everyday needs to be nice and roomy and airy. Even Phillip (fleurie) who is a professional film maker has a similar studio for his work.

Annalise has said before that she doesn't have time for full time hair dressing and only takes the odd job that comes her way ( 2 small kids and all!)

Dan is obviously trying to better himself, learn new skills, and find other revenue streams... I don't see anything wrong with that!

Now if only he tries not to kill himself in the process... :cry:
No not at all. I am not "thinking about developing old timey films" :rolleyes:

I work in film and tv and have for the past 24 years. As I said, professional film editors work in nice dark rooms, with multiple monitors where they sit with the Director and Show Runner . My coworker's partner is an editor and my ex roommate from UNI is an editor.
I have noticed that Phillip has a nice office but the the windows are not conducive to a proper editor studio as light is a hindrance. Perhaps he has room darkening curtins? I have not paid attention since they finished the room.

All of us here can agree that Dan is trying to better himself and learn new skills ( although how open is he is to be seen, as previously in this thread he has proven that he can't even be bothered to put on proper respiratory mask while spray painting in his enclosed studio ) .
He defiantly needs to find more lucrative revenue streams than working as a "gardener" a few days a week at LaLaLande, raising 2 kids is not cheap. Annalise can only do so much until both the boys are in school full days, but a home salon could be a good thing for her depending on the rules in France.

It would be nice to see that when Dan finishes his studio, that he then goes back into the house and finish up the work there too as it's not easy to raise two curious little boys in a construction site ( as we have seen with the flooded studio ), anything left unfinished is too tempting to little hands to investigate. I am hopeful of this but after seeing the trash heap in an outbuilding as bad as at Lalande, I am not holding my breath. His new studio/mancave might also equally be a fun place to get away from his family as it is and editing room.

Reactions: 25
The heating in Lalaland seems to be an issue of concern to many here.

La Chatelaine - the keeper of the keys, the thoroughly fabulous femme fatale from Framingham tells the world she doesn’t mind a frigid room, she happily straps hot water bottles to her person and dons Beryl’s 1980’s hilarious jumpers/sweaters to keep Jack Frost at bay.

I cannot imagine how much a retro-fitted heating system to suit Lalaland would cost to install or how much French electricity is, but I’m seeing beaucoup d‘euros to successfully heat the pile. Even room by room approaches, leaving out the unused sections which act like attached icebergs, would be mind blowingly expensive. I imagine this is part of the reason it is abandoned in winter. The others are that her business is:

a): seasonal
b): she routinely travels in EU winter (often to South Africa).

I don’t understand French taxation laws, but under her tax arrangement for the use of Patreon monies for restoration, I wonder if heating can be included as part of that. Whether it can or can’t the outlay will be substantial and likely to eat into even her large annual budget. Prioritising heating when the place has traditionally been closed/left to caretakers would seem OTT to me. Just to add I am not stephending, just thinking as a businesswoman who also has business interests in a seasonal operation. Because of the complexity and need for skilled staff we have to staff with permanent staff which makes it very expensive, but we are able to deploy staff elsewhere for the off months. Jarvis uses Workaways which means she can lock and leave a freezing building to its own devices and new volunteers simply take up the challenge or return next season.

That said, she could get another 6-8 weeks of shoulder season with the heating sorted. Does she want this?

Reactions: 14
About SJ's dream of living in Venice. I also believe she is setting herself up so she can depart La La but have someone filming building content whilst she is away. She needs to do this anyway to do her travel vligs with Oliver. But in Venice what would she buy - an appartment? She doesn't speak italian, god she barely speaks french. I don't wish to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just trying to see how she would make this work.

Reactions: 20
Seriously 😳

He’s not taking up photography- where you’d need a darkroom to develope photos

It’s a studio for editing videos - on a computer 💻

????

Edit @ooolalande
Just saw yours - snap
Who said that Dan is taking up film photography? He's definitely not a hipster! ;)

Editing studios are darkened rooms, it is much better for editing ( although bad on eyes like any computer screen ) . If you go to a movie theatre you watch in the dark, if you have a home with a viewing room like Anna and Ed are building, you watch films in the dark. Multiple high definition monitors are set up and the editor(s), Director and Show Runner (money person that has authority to say yes or no for expense sake) spend hours editing.

The heating in Lalaland seems to be an issue of concern to many here.

La Chatelaine - the keeper of the keys, the thoroughly fabulous femme fatale from Framingham tells the world she doesn’t mind a frigid room, she happily straps hot water bottles to her person and dons Beryl’s 1980’s hilarious jumpers/sweaters to keep Jack Frost at bay.
The Fabulously Frigid Femme Fatale from Framlingham ... that is a stroke of creative alliteration!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I just got the wooden spoon, or worse "wait till you father gets home"
My mum was the disciplinarian and we had the wooded spoon, or slipper, or shoe! Once my dad said to me, "I'll take my belt to you", to which I replied, "well your pants will fall down". He was laughing too much to strap me!

• Haha
I also think it's the annual Scotland trip.. to see her friend and god daughter... But wasn't that a thing that she did only with Nic? I mean, Marie never goes with them (which is bonkers! To let your husband travel with his former love every year!)

If SJ takes snorts with her, I guess I have to be the first to admit their relationship is as strong as it can be... and he's not going anywhere 😢

Imagine what her friends think!
I’m sorry, but as happy as my friend might appear be with a young boy carrying her handbag ( cough) I‘d be cautioning her strongly against continuance. The optics are appalling. Over 20 years in age difference. Him an obsequious penniless, undereducated grifter. One with so little life choices he came to her as a volunteer. A man incapable of carving his own path. Utterly dependent. I truly cannot see how she has a single friend who would support her in this relationship.

Reactions: 25
I truly cannot see how she has a single friend who would support her in this relationship.
And that’s the truth … everyone who attends the farmhouse
Is paid …
if skilled to work - gardening carpenter or builders
Or
Is a work away … for 5 hrs a day
Or
They are directors using up their time share in the farmhouse
Or
Fully paid up guests

There is of course the house swap ppl
You come my chateau ….
I’ll return to yours …..
Still that’s nothing personal - that’s business

Where are her friends ??

Unless their paid …. Haven’t seen ☝

Reactions: 29
Nah... Kim K did it first (and better!)

As much as I do think this KKW edition is highly amusing - I would die of laughter if we saw our SJ and Phyllis narrating whilst grappling with chicken cutlets and tit tape to hoist SJ's gnat bites into a busty position.

Second thoughts if we saw Natty and Dullmar too! I'm seeing this as a Chateauverse youtube challenge - I really should do consultancy work for these losers, work with your talents..... oh my lord imagine my beloved Kirsty, they'd need a forklift truck to help with taping those. I do hope she had a lovely Christmas. xoxo

Talking of busty... I wonder if Jikki will treat us to an updated New Year New Me profile picture to see us all into 2022?

Last edited:
  • Haha
I heard that too. I think it was in one of his I’m broke videos.
Good it's not just me then!

On this crying video Teabag claims that the Patreon pays for Sean to come work at the Chateau. There's nothing about splitting his revenue. I really think this 50/50 revenue split with Biffy is a false memory that people have created after listening to Teabag's BS for too much. Prove me wrong.

Can this and a link to his other crying wallpaper video be added to the wiki?

Can anyone add to the wiki or is it for Mods only?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
On this crying video Teabag claims that the Patreon pays for Sean to come work at the Chateau. There's nothing about splitting his revenue. I really think this 50/50 revenue split with Biffy is a false memory that people have created after listening to Teabag's BS for too much. Prove me wrong.
Thanks for sharing this, I've heard of this vlog but have never seen it! It sheds some light on what happened in Spain. I feel badly for him that he went through some of that, no one likes to be used and abused by someone they care for. Kind of a drag he asks for more money for a bespoke staircase at the end, not too difficult to go to a DIY shop and buy risers and whatnot. I'm still curious what went down with Andrew from Columbia and the volunteer that came and went shortly after Andrew disappeared.

Reactions: 6
I love this particular Tuesday (12-28-21).
It feels different, in a nice way...perhaps because there's no CD vlog today! Hallelujah!

cd256.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.