The Beckhams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Brooklyn laying so much claim to the Jewish faith all of a sudden?
I thought it passed down the mothers side?
Im an atheist and have no issue with Judaism but the way they are describing having “Jewish elements” in the wedding, it feels as though they are doing it to be “cool”.
I understand Nicola is Jewish (again through her father’s side?) and her dad apparently is orthodox - although the Orthodox Jews I know would not, (and didn’t) have married outside of their faith, so surely then you would have an actual Jewish ceremony?

Not just the bits you think are cool and interesting.
Either honour your religion or don’t. Don’t just use it as an excuse to have an Instagram worthy ceremony.

I think it is disrespectful and absolutely against the religious sanctity of the wedding ceremony.
Or maybe I’m just a grumpy witch.

Reactions: 9
Why is Brooklyn laying so much claim to the Jewish faith all of a sudden?
I thought it passed down the mothers side?
Im an atheist and have no issue with Judaism but the way they are describing having “Jewish elements” in the wedding, it feels as though they are doing it to be “cool”.
I understand Nicola is Jewish (again through her father’s side?) and her dad apparently is orthodox - although the Orthodox Jews I know would not, (and didn’t) have married outside of their faith, so surely then you would have an actual Jewish ceremony?

Not just the bits you think are cool and interesting.
Either honour your religion or don’t. Don’t just use it as an excuse to have an Instagram worthy ceremony.

I think it is disrespectful and absolutely against the religious sanctity of the wedding ceremony.
Or maybe I’m just a grumpy witch.
Not at all... fair comments . I agree too much is made of differences and more emphasis should be made on caring and loving than the title of the church.
The Instagram stuff should be kept out of churches.

Reactions: 2
Looks like the middle son is going the same way as the oldest one.

Bloody hell the elder two are gormless looking.

I wonder if their mother is urging him to put a ring on his 17 year old girlfriend, for the publicity? God help any of those kids if they wake up and decide that they want to go their own way: no publicity, anonymity, doing a job they want to do, being friends with whomever they want.

Reactions: 6
So the latest is that the wedding is going to take place at St Paul’s Cathedral because parents have OBEs. Can’t see Meghan and Harry popping over for the wedding.
Also, I see Romeo is being pushed into the limelight already to take over pointless stories from Brooklyn the Casanova #cough#

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
So the latest is that the wedding is going to take place at St Paul’s Cathedral because parents have OBEs. Can’t see Meghan and Harry popping over for the wedding.
Also, I see Romeo is being pushed into the limelight already to take over pointless stories from Brooklyn the Casanova #cough#
Such presumed entitlement...I wonder how many people have OBEs ( and higher ) in UK and not all their children get to marry in St Paul's.
I do find these things insulting to the many many people who work hard day in and day out and are unheard of,just quietly doing their bit without any expectation of reward or fame

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She’s Jewish and wants to get married in a cathedral really makes sense. Doesn’t believe in Jesus but will get married under him on a cross.

I wonder if "Sir"Dave will be flogging tickets outside the cathedral, like some wartime spiv?
"Ello Guv, wanna buy some tickets?"

• Haha
She’s Jewish and wants to get married in a cathedral really makes sense. Doesn’t believe in Jesus but will get married under him on a cross.
Its probably so they can justify 2 weddings. One Christian and one Jewish. Double publicity.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Such presumed entitlement...I wonder how many people have OBEs ( and higher ) in UK and not all their children get to marry in St Paul's.
I do find these things insulting to the many many people who work hard day in and day out and are unheard of,just quietly doing their bit without any expectation of reward or fame
Read earliery that they can't get married in the actual Cathedral but in a small Chapel at the side plus there is a 2 year waiting list for this.

Reactions: 7
I could take better pictures on a disposable! Can barely make out who this is!
He hasnt even sharpened that photo. Its dreadful! How can they get away with passing that baloney off as talent? Is it just overwrought teenagers who think anything he does is great?

The photographs are not even flattering! They are not slightly out of focus, to hide a few wrinkles etc - they just look awful.
How long is he going to carry on the pretence of being a photographer?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.