The Beckhams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why would an 8 year old want to wear that dress ? Unless at 8 they are already body conscious. I notice when out she wears a lot of swamping clothes. Even on holidays she was out in a kaftan. Unfortunately I would guess body issues already which is really sad.

Reactions: 5
why would an 8 year old want to wear that dress ? Unless at 8 they are already body conscious. I notice when out she wears a lot of swamping clothes. Even on holidays she was out in a kaftan. Unfortunately I would guess body issues already which is really sad.
Victoria should be more aware of this as she had eating and image problems herself.

Reactions: 2
I would say there is an issue of Brainwashing going on.

Reactions: 3
Dressing an eight year old child in a version of an adult dress in order to try and sell more clothes? How tacky. Poor kid.

in the DM as well: how many people in the market for £1,500 dresses are going to (1) read the DM in any event and (2) look at that article and think, yes, I’ll get one of those because the Beckhams’ 8 year old daughter is wearing it and they want us to think that it’s cute?

If I were spending £1,500 on a frock I’d go for a better one than that.

TBH it’s starting to smack of desperation. Last week there were photos of Harper and Nicola Peltz trying on clothes at VB’s shop, with captions helpfully telling us that the orange sweater Nicola was trying was reduced to £X in the sale. How tawdry!

No designer in the market VB thinks she is in would stoop to those tactics. Can you see the Alexander McQueen business behaving like that, seeking cheap trashy publicity in the Daily Mail? JW Anderson? Christopher Kane? Of course not.

I think that her backers have pretty much given up on the clothes now anyway, and are hoping to make some money out of beauty and skincare. Good luck with that. Some of her previous perfumes are still to be found in bargain shops.

Reactions: 9
Am speechless except to say That dress is HIDEOUS!!
Seems money cannot buy you taste. Surely, vein high fashion does not mean it has to be vile 😊😂😊🤮

Reactions: 6
That dress is the reason why her clothes are making such a loss. It is foul and not in any way original - just a shapeless hessian sack. If it was £40 from Zara, fair enough, but £1500 is absolutely criminal. Surely she's taking the piss?

Reactions: 13
That dress is the reason why her clothes are making such a loss. It is foul and not in any way original - just a shapeless hessian sack. If it was £40 from Zara, fair enough, but £1500 is absolutely criminal. Surely she's taking the piss?
They are most likely so expensive because VB needs paid as well as the actual fashion designer who designed these awful clothes, my cousin went to fashion school for years and still isn’t a designer, not fair that VB just sticks her name on things and expects us all to believe that she had no need to go to fashion/design school and that she just has a natural flair for designing clothes...yawn

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
The only good thing about her business is that it offers employment to people. The prices are unreal even the very rich wont pay that, they like to hang onto their money and want freebies from everywhere.
Does everyone remember when the C.V crisis kicked off and the Beckhams applied to the Govt furlough scheme for the staff? They had to back down because their was a public outcry and pay the staff out of their own money.

Reactions: 4
The clothes are so overpriced, and I am shocked at how poor quality, the fabrics are. I did look on the website a year or two ago - lots of polyester, and odd looking garments.
I can understand people (who have the dosh), paying out a lot of money for some designer clothing. Well cut / made, timeless pieces, that can be worn for decades - but this looked dreadful.
One item that particularly haunts me, was a calf length polyester / shiny yellow skirt. What would you wear that with, and for what occasion? It was over £500.
I have a beautiful Dior dress that a friends mother gave me back in the 80s. She had worn it herself countless times, despite numerous dry cleans it still looked stunning. I have worn it around 30 times myself - and it still looks beautiful after multiple dry cleans.
I would still be wearing it now - if I could lose 2 stone!

Reactions: 8
The clothes are so overpriced, and I am shocked at how poor quality, the fabrics are. I did look on the website a year or two ago - lots of polyester, and odd looking garments.
I can understand people (who have the dosh), paying out a lot of money for some designer clothing. Well cut / made, timeless pieces, that can be worn for decades - but this looked dreadful.
One item that particularly haunts me, was a calf length polyester / shiny yellow skirt. What would you wear that with, and for what occasion? It was over £500.
I have a beautiful Dior dress that a friends mother gave me back in the 80s. She had worn it herself countless times, despite numerous dry cleans it still looked stunning. I have worn it around 30 times myself - and it still looks beautiful after multiple dry cleans.
I would still be wearing it now - if I could lose 2 stone!
That’s lovely that you have a Dior dress.

Imo most designer clothes are awful looking, esp Gucci stuff, their patterns are disgusting, give me a PLT dress any day over a minging Gucci one.

Reactions: 5

Imo most designer clothes are awful looking, esp Gucci stuff, their patterns are disgusting, give me a PLT dress any day over a minging Gucci one.
Brands like Gucci and more so IMO Versace when they look like the logo/pattern threw up on the clothes look garish and hideous.

Reactions: 8

I think my friends mother, actually inherited it - which would mean three owners have had multiple wear from it, and It has only had some light repair work It is beautifully made, many designer items are probably thrown together these days.
My friends daughter would appreciate it. I will have to give it away, as I will never fit in to it again.
I am currently aiming to lose a stone in weight - and would need to lose two to get back in to that dress. Two stone is unrealistic for me. I will never be able to give up wine!

I think my friends mother, actually inherited it - which would mean three owners have had multiple wear from it, and It has only had some light repair work It is beautifully made, many designer items are probably thrown together these days.
My friends daughter would appreciate it. I will have to give it away, as I will never fit in to it again.
I am currently aiming to lose a stone in weight - and would need to lose two to get back in to that dress. Two stone is unrealistic for me. I will never be able to give up wine!
I would want to keep a Dior dress for life, regardless if it fit me or not! Even just to say “I have a Dior dress”!!!

Brands like Gucci and more so IMO Versace when they look like the logo/pattern threw up on the clothes look garish and hideous.
Deffo and Gucci have trainers that are the same as their garish patterns on their dresses, they’re minging! The only think I like of Gucci’s is their perfumes.

Reactions: 7
I used to love my Gucci trainers. I have the white ones with green and red stripes on the side and bees embroidered. Have had them a few years but think they are probably regarded as chavvy now.

Reactions: 1
Isn’t the whole aesthetic Intentionally rather “extra”. A bit baroque like?

I might be talking out of the top of my head here because I know nothing, but I had always thought it was purposefully Italian BLING.

Reactions: 4
I used to love my Gucci trainers. I have the white ones with green and red stripes on the side and bees embroidered. Have had them a few years but think they are probably regarded as chavvy now.
They are £600 on Net-A-Porter, how much were yours? Personally I think Adidas Gazelles look better but to each is own! I did see pink Gucci sliders on that site too and they were £325!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
About £350. I brought them a long time ago.
I would never pay £600 for them

I have a lovely pair of white leather trainers from mint velvet I prefer

I hope this is not true, if it is Brooklyn is a stupid bleep.

The timeline (according to Cosmo)

It all started on October last year, about 2 months after his last relationship failed.

Last edited:
What a horrible thought, poor kid. Hopefully it’s more a case of “bung this on Harper and if anyone asks, tell them it’s your favourite dress...”

I hope it isnt true that Brooklyn and Nicola married secretly...please not. Money and fame are not what holds a relationship together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.