The Beckhams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Victoria, think she comes across really well and self-deprecating. Feel sorry for her that she’s obviously got so many image / body issues stemming from having been in the public eye for such a long time. David is a creep, he makes my skin crawl! If they are living separate lives hopefully she’s got someone nice on the side too :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I dont even know what her personality is like. It's s if shes been completely obliterated by her obsession with her image and the family brand.

Reactions: 10
I dont even know what her personality is like. It's s if shes been completely obliterated by her obsession with her image and the family brand.
Going by interviews/documentaries I have seen of her over the years, she comes across as really funny and self deprecating and gets dealt a really bad hand by the press

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I really like Victoria, think she comes across really well and self-deprecating. Feel sorry for her that she’s obviously got so many image / body issues stemming from having been in the public eye for such a long time. David is a creep, he makes my skin crawl! If they are living separate lives hopefully she’s got someone nice on the side too :ROFLMAO:
To me she comes across as a complete personality vacuum. She’s seems terribly insecure and obsessed by her image, like she practises witty comments in the mirror.

Reactions: 14
Ah yes, the legendary brilliant sense of humour I’ve never seen a slither of.

I think that’s right, her obsession with her image and her skinniness has obliterated any real character.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What serious, respected " busineswoman" would continue with a business that has since it started made £42 MILLION losses and your husband has to plough tens of millions into every year, as payback for his constant shagging around???? I read a popbitch insider comment that when he visited certain businesses/ offices they had to hide the pretty young female staff as he would try and set himself up with them. He is a male skank but more fool her for taking his money for her business and not kicking him out and seeing him in the divorce courts. Just think what VB Ltd losses will total now!!??

Reactions: 8
What serious, respected " busineswoman" would continue with a business that has since it started made £42 MILLION losses and your husband has to plough tens of millions into every year, as payback for his constant shagging around???? I read a popbitch insider comment that when he visited certain businesses/ offices they had to hide the pretty young female staff as he would try and set himself up with them. He is a male skank but more fool her for taking his money for her business and not kicking him out and seeing him in the divorce courts. Just think what VB Ltd losses will total now!!??
One that knows how tax works and how if David pours his money into her business, they pay less in tax and at the end of the day they keep more money. 😂 people dragging them without knowing how big money actually works...
they live separate lives almost, its not worth splitting their assets and trying to work everything out. She sees a lot more money out of him this way but at least they get to keep their money, they don’t lose insane amounts on lawyers, selling things under their normal value and so on. Their name is a money making machine, a divorce would absolutely wreck it.

Reactions: 10
One that knows how tax works and how if David pours his money into her business, they pay less in tax and at the end of the day they keep more money. 😂 people dragging them without knowing how big money actually works...
I know how tax works, and I also know how big money actually works. I’ll happily join Somerville in forming a negative opinion of their financial capabilities and business sense.

Losing money ‘to pay less tax’ is never a good policy, although it never seems to stop anyone from referencing it in relation to loss-making businesses. You offset your trading losses against your profits, not your tax, and even then you don’t always get to offset all of the losses.

UK corporation tax is charged at 19%. If David Beckham’s image rights company loans VB Limited £1m, and she burns through it without turning it into a profit, the most he could recoup after writing it off is £190k. He won’t be able to set his £1m of losses against a tax bill of £1m. Does that sound like a good bargain to you? It doesn’t to me.

As it happens, her fashion company was refinanced last year. Private equity investors have taken a majority stake for what is, frankly, not much money in the PE world. Far, far less than the Beckhams have invested to date. The investors will borrow money and attempt to grow the revenue and add value to the VB brand before trying to sell the business to somebody else. That’s why she’s now trying to hawk skincare and make up: she’s never going to make money from the clothing line. She’s tried everything, including a failed US supermarket collaboration. If the strategy works, it’s worth the investors‘ while to borrow because the PE house will be operating out of Luxembourg or the Caymans where they don’t need to worry about being taxed on gains, or stamp duty.

These advantages are of no use to the Beckhams, who are one step removed. They undoubtedly refinanced because they couldn’t afford to chuck away £10m a year on a hobby business. Pretty much everything they have invested so far is up in smoke. They might have some ‘sweet equity’ shares that might pay out if the business is sold above a certain multiple of what the PE house paid, after repayment of debt. Good luck with that.

However you present it, it is very optimistic to describe either of the Beckhams as people who understand how tax or big money work.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Their name is a money making machine, a divorce would absolutely wreck it.
Look at the price they pay for this arrangement. She is completely insecure and self absorbed. He is covered in ugly tattoos - a sure sign of inner turmoil and self hatred. They compensate, by pouring all their unfullfilled desires into their children who are growing up to be spoilt, maladjusted adults.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Look at the price they pay for this arrangement. She is completely insecure and self absorbed. He is covered in ugly tattoos - a sure sign of inner turmoil and self hatred. They compensate, by pouring all their unfullfilled desires into their children who are growing up to be spoilt, maladjusted adults.
You can’t say that someone is covered in tattoos because they hate themselves. And his tattoos aren’t ugly - that is such a subjective thing too.
I honestly think their one and only “sin” here is that they aren’t honest about their marriage. They could easily say they have an open marriage and it works. And it would because it would be the same thing it is now, without trying to keep up appearances.

Reactions: 7
You can’t say that someone is covered in tattoos because they hate themselves. And his tattoos aren’t ugly - that is such a subjective thing too.
I honestly think their one and only “sin” here is that they aren’t honest about their marriage. They could easily say they have an open marriage and it works. And it would because it would be the same thing it is now, without trying to keep up appearances.
BIB - that would ruin the 'idyllic family life' image she's working so hard to portray though.

Reactions: 2
Not necessarily. Gwyneth Paltrow tried something similar with the “conscious uncoupling” so she paved the way. And then there are the Smiths too... I just think they are too lazy and it works for now.
BIB - that would ruin the 'idyllic family life' image she's working so hard to portray though.

Reactions: 3
Lol at tattoos meaning inner turmoil. No.

He ain’t that deep anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They sold their souls, and their childrens’, to the devil and they’ve certainly paid a high price for it. Yes they have riches which means they don’t have to do reality tv programmes as washed up celebs however keeping up appearances for Brand Beckham must surely take its toll. I mean why do they have to portray themselves as perfection personified? We know they’re not perfect, David has his dalliances but still....... money talks I guess.

Reactions: 4
They have wanted their own TV show but they’re just not that interesting. I’ve read DB trying to tout a Netflix cookery show (give me strengths) - I’m sure all the trained chefs will be delighted.

Reactions: 5
I think they are past the phase where it has taken a toll. The kids are all doing their own thing, even Harper is at that age where she starts doing her own things.
They own several homes and it’s now kinda public that VB spends most of her time in the UK, while DB is in Florida.
Honestly, I’d find it refreshing if a couple came out and said “we love each other but that doesn’t always mean being cooped up together”.
my relationship is similar, in the sense that we both travel extensively for work, have demanding jobs, live between two countries and we’ve been known to not even be on the same continent for weeks.
What I can’t stand is not being honest and pushing the “model, perfectly conventional family” image.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.