Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Seahorse7

Sorry if it has been mentioned , I saw David on the Ellen show the other day, he was telling a story about how his feet have grown since he came to America. When he was playing in England his shoe size was 9, 3/4 now in the U,S, they are over a size 11. Doesn't he know it's a different sizing system.. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He's another one with new gnashers.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Abr1010

I used to live in the same apartment block as vic n dave when they lived in Cheshire. Brooklyn was only a baby. She was a pain in the arse. She always left the giant buggy by the door and everyone used to fall over it. If you said anything she would give you the middle finger ... literally !
i remember she was booked into the same nail salon when I was in just by chance. She screeched up in her car and her driver rushed her in under a massive umbrella ( it wasn’t raining at the time ) so nobody could see her and she ran upstairs for whatever treatment she was having. Nobody batted an eyelid. Nobody gave a fuck tbh but she was so DRAMATIC ! Still makes me smile. That’s all I have !

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Wasn't there a rumour about a year or more ago about him having an affair with Harper's teacher (maybe even that she was pregnant?). It was trending on twitter and then it died down all of a sudden. It just sounds like such a toxic, abusive situation. I'd ask why people put up with things like that, but I don't want to shame women, and know that it's not easy to just disentangle yourself emotionally and otherwise from toxic relationships, especially when there are children involved.
This is 100% true. Teacher was Harpers Spanish teacher. I have a close friend who was head of Spanish at a posh girls school in Birmingham and the teacher was taught at that school and kept in touch with my friend. Also, the teacher did try to sell her story, she got as far as Vogue being interested and went for an interview. Then all of a sudden it was pulled. Last I heard teacher lives in America, David visits the child and pays maintenance.

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Horatio

VIP Member
So Brooklyn’s 21st brought out the self satisfied love in from the Beckham cult we have come to expect.
This post from DB stood out to me though....
1D1E50DF-7D13-4DAE-BB91-FD84B8790CB2.jpeg

“In all the places I won them” wowww- way to make your sons birthday an excuse to show off your past glories. I get he’s saying it meant a lot having Brooklyn by his side on those occasions but he could have worded it better at the very least , if he insists on mentioning that in a public post at all.

Being a Beckham child probably means being expected to worship at the alter of David from day 1.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I see your arguments but I feel the same about Philip Green furloughing all of his staff and Richard Branson asking for a government cash injection. I feel as though these people should use their own wealth first and foremost before using the public purse. The furlough scheme can be accessed by everyone but you have to questions the morals of the millionaires using it when it could be better spent on small businesses that are extremely vulnerable at the moment etc.

Reactions: 25

Cacacoisfarraige

Chatty Member
Victoria Beckham is charging £95 for a ‘charity’ t-shirt but only 25% is going to charity. How the fuck is it costing her over £70 pounds to make a white t-shirt with come rainbow coloured writing on it ‘listen without prejudice’

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
I’m sorry but does anyone actually think she designs her garments? Thought it was well known that her ‘team’ Plus a proper designer ( can’t remember his name) was making the actual garments, I can imagine her breezing about but not really doing 99% of the real work? I mean you can’t just waltz into a studio and make high fashion after being a pop star, someone has to know what they’re actually doing, give proper instructions to the pattern cutters, know a lot about fabrics etc? Is that totally bitchy but I thought she was just the show pony, a very dedicated one I admit! 🐴 😆😜

• Heart
  • Haha

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Who agrees they had sex selection in the US to get Harper? 🤔
The odds of having a girl after 3 boys are like Brooklyns photography talents.....teeny tiny.

• Haha
  • Wow

Raininvain

VIP Member
David Beckham has had numerous affairs not just Rebecca Loos. I know someone who works for the firm of lawyers that Victoria uses and what happens is that she gets injunctions everytime one of these women goes to the papers. This is common knowledge now. Hes very sleazy, he could give the Lineker's a run for their money.

Reactions: 23

Mouse

Years ago ITV did a 'at home with the Beckhams' type show and she was hilarious; she also explained that she is always grim faced as she hates her teeth and her smile. She had got a tonne of PR from Dior and was buzzing, I recall she was also eating grapes. Random memory.

The scene they did with Ali G for Comic Relief is always worth a watch and also shows that she can laugh at herself

an example...

Ali G: So does Brooklyn want to grow up to be a famous footballer like his dad or a famous singer like ....Mariah Carey

Reactions: 23

Won’t you have a cup

One that knows how tax works and how if David pours his money into her business, they pay less in tax and at the end of the day they keep more money. 😂 people dragging them without knowing how big money actually works...
I know how tax works, and I also know how big money actually works. I’ll happily join Somerville in forming a negative opinion of their financial capabilities and business sense.

Losing money ‘to pay less tax’ is never a good policy, although it never seems to stop anyone from referencing it in relation to loss-making businesses. You offset your trading losses against your profits, not your tax, and even then you don’t always get to offset all of the losses.

UK corporation tax is charged at 19%. If David Beckham’s image rights company loans VB Limited £1m, and she burns through it without turning it into a profit, the most he could recoup after writing it off is £190k. He won’t be able to set his £1m of losses against a tax bill of £1m. Does that sound like a good bargain to you? It doesn’t to me.

As it happens, her fashion company was refinanced last year. Private equity investors have taken a majority stake for what is, frankly, not much money in the PE world. Far, far less than the Beckhams have invested to date. The investors will borrow money and attempt to grow the revenue and add value to the VB brand before trying to sell the business to somebody else. That’s why she’s now trying to hawk skincare and make up: she’s never going to make money from the clothing line. She’s tried everything, including a failed US supermarket collaboration. If the strategy works, it’s worth the investors‘ while to borrow because the PE house will be operating out of Luxembourg or the Caymans where they don’t need to worry about being taxed on gains, or stamp duty.

These advantages are of no use to the Beckhams, who are one step removed. They undoubtedly refinanced because they couldn’t afford to chuck away £10m a year on a hobby business. Pretty much everything they have invested so far is up in smoke. They might have some ‘sweet equity’ shares that might pay out if the business is sold above a certain multiple of what the PE house paid, after repayment of debt. Good luck with that.

However you present it, it is very optimistic to describe either of the Beckhams as people who understand how tax or big money work.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Cacacoisfarraige

Chatty Member
They’re long as she ‘thinks’ it makes her look taller 😂 like the way a child with his hand over their eyes thinks they’re invisible

• Haha
  • Heart

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
I’m not a fan of Victoria. She wears fur, and uses unethical exotic animal skins in her designs. (That she doesn’t actually design). Absolute vapid cruelty.

That said I think some of the criticism levelled at her is unjustified. She gets ripped to shreds for her body type, in a way that a slightly overweight woman wouldn’t suffer. I admire that she’s not tried to justify or change her body type, despite the appalling insults she faces. She gets criticised for being a crap singer, which is true, but the Spice Girls were never about the vocals. She gets criticised for not smiling for the paps when she was made to feel like she had an ugly smile. Anyone seeing the Ali G interview with her and David can see that she does smile and has a great personality (whereas David is a total personality vacuum).

Overall she is talented at marketing and self promotion. I don’t think she’s an ethical person or particularly special but she has achieved a lot and David owes somewhat of his continuing fame to her. He would just be a washed up love rat ex footballer without her.

• Haha

Won’t you have a cup

Having watched that documentary they did in the early 2000s (the one during which they were moving to Spain etc and only Brooklyn had been born, yes, the one with Rebecca Loos in it, helping them to house hunt in her PA capacity whilst he was already carrying on with her), the things that struck me most were

(1) that she was so predictably ’having a husband and kids and being famous are the most important things in my life’...she was so bloody suburban, like the boring kind of women who start looking for a potential husband at 15 and

(2) he was like an appalling sulky teenager for most of it, and seemed to resent her being there. You could imagine him grumbling and calling her things like ‘the old ball and chain’. They were both awful, and that was with them having full editorial control of the programme so that we only saw their best bits!

The documentary contained a bit where he’s playing in Madrid and she’s in the players’ lounge with Brooklyn and her parents. She’s talking to him on camera and keeps saying, “Hey Brooklyn, you remember auntie Elizabeth don’t you?”, after mentioning Elizabeth Hurley to the camera several times, in a kind of, “only Elton and Elizabeth know what it is like to be so very famous like me” way, so that we all understood that Victoria knew her. It was so parochial, like somebody in the bloody Sugar Hut boasting about being mates with Gemma Collins or something.

I later read that when she first joined the Spice Girls she’d been going out with an electrician called Mark, who had been doing some work on her parents’ house when she met him. She started using his last name at the end of hers, double barrelled, so she called herself Victoria Adams-Wood. Some of the early Spice Girls material has her name like that. At this point, they were engaged, not even married. WTF? Who uses their fiancé’s name before the wedding? What better way to declare that your life is focused on bagging a bloke?

• Wow
  • Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
So I noticed this incredibly gross and cringey comment Brooklyn left on this picture his gf uploaded with Harper...
86A4A1BE-D849-4D27-A456-BD6A25169274.jpeg

Then I realised he had left a few more cringey comments and saved a few of the worst.(see below)..this isn’t an accurate sample as I simply had to give up at some point realising he’s commented something like this on literally every picture, going back seemingly forever...
0BA60B66-CF4A-4983-AF3E-BA81653AF738.jpeg
30B042B4-064B-48E8-97C9-FA2396DC4350.jpeg
42FDCF94-3A2E-4FFE-8E0A-A7A77D317E57.jpeg

It’s like she can’t move a step without him knowing about it. How could anyone put up with this SMOTHERING. So many red flags too

• Wow
  • Haha