Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fortycoats

Chatty Member
I happened to see the shopping stories there and omg she has a great old time with the AFs and gifted treatments doesn't she
At least she declares them I suppose. (In teeny tiny letters). But that bag 255 euro for a bag for holidays?? like jaysis I'd be lucky to have that as spending money for holidays?????? Who's Eilo?
Used to love The beautiful truth but growing allergic!
To be honest, the Dunnes beach back I got last year is just as handy. However I never begrudge mammies treating themselves after spending years putting their families firs. And her mum has only recent lost her husband. If a new bag brings her spark joy, good for her.

Reactions: 12

fortycoats

Chatty Member
None of them are doing it for the benefit of anyone but themselves. They are all narcissists, they all believe they have the best style etc and they deserve to make money off the back of their followers. If the money stops watch the try ons & hauls stop
I get that they’re putting a list of codes/offers together and good for them if ppl use their links, but I honestly haven’t seen any of them share an offer that I can’t get myself by going on the various websites. These days, there’s sales in most shops year round. Online shopping has made it very easy to be a savvy shopper & compare brands/prices etc. As for ppl paying €60 for slippers and thinking they’re getting a bargain… they must have a lot more disposable income than we have 😳😱

LadyTonya

I really like Sinead. I trust her product recommendations and think she is honest.

Re twitter i think she has a fair point. Schools are not the safe places they were made out to be. Scrapping contact tracing and not advising parents if cases were in classes from sept was a massive oversight all the while telling people to consider older and more vulnerable family members.
While yes covid could have been caught anywhere, hairdressers and hospitality are far more controlled environments where schools are not.

Turmeric123

VIP Member
I really like her because she isn’t on bullshitting. She shares links etc & that’s it. She is what she is. There’s no bullshit or over sharing of her family etc. She’s selling & being upfront about it
She also shows a much wider variety of clothes bags shoes etc - Sinead has one style and that's all she shares

Kkhh

I think Sinead is lovely tbh. I think her dad had a massive impact on her life and also her decisions (hence her getting the extension on the house) i think she mentioned before that her husband was an accountant( now I could be 100% wrong on this) but I say she said fuck it and took all the adds coming to her. At the end of the day, she can take whatever ads or paid promotions she wants, it’s her career that she’s in charge of. Some might be put off by her constant ad which is fair. I think she looks great tbh , but those v black shoes need the bin.

Nopatience

VIP Member
Teachers are leaving the profession more then ever, I work in Education and the demands on what a teacher has to be and do in the classroom are greater now then they ever where. They get great holidays but if I had a choice of a job it wouldn’t be teaching. Anyway back to Sinead and her awful dress sense.

• Haha

LennonRoad

VIP Member
I am sure you rock it just fine!! I am 5'3 and slim and I can rock a jumpsuit, but not sure I am rocking it with my baps and belly out when sitting on the jacks in a pub LOL
It’s always quite humbling isn’t it, the jumpsuit.

Basically sitting naked in the jacks with the sounds of the whole pub/restaurant mere inches from all your goods and services on display- only some plywood between you and them 🤓

• Haha

memyselfi

VIP Member
It’s a thing called credit and living beyond ones means … her parents paid for USA trip …
Electric car will be another credit union loan
I mentioned before she parked so badly one day in Liffey valley in front of me that I unfollowed her 😂😂😂 literally dumped the car sideways across two spaces and strolled into a shop , massive ick for me 🤣🤣

• Haha
I don't want to brag or anything but I got a full tank of petrol when I got my new car and one of those trolley token keyrings. Delighted with myself. 😂

• Haha

Thump

VIP Member
I suppose from my POV it's immediately obvious that it's an ad regardless of whether there's a space between the 'a' and the 'd' or not. It's not an attempt to circumvent the ASAI rules as far as I can see, just an attempt to prevent her content being buried by the algorithm. No different to using particular hashtags etc in my opinion. Now if she was at that crap of hiding the AD in a corner or a really light font with a light background I'd completely agree with you.
Well it’s actually supposed to be #ad but she doesn’t bother with the hashtag either. There no space in the ASAI guidelines so she is circumventing them whether or not that is her main reason for doing it or not. None of them should be getting a pass whether you like them or not. If everyone is bending the rules to suit their own agenda what is the point of the rules. The actual point of the rules is to make it clear to consumers when they are being advertised to, so influencers should be stilling rigidly to them, the rules are not there to benefit influencers.

Reactions: 11

Nopatience

VIP Member
If there was any doubt that Sinead had lost her way a bit on Instagram this try on is proof. Who is they aimed at certainly not her age group, my 75 year old mam would be offended if I bought that for her. Her taste is very questionable.

Steel Magnolia

Why does it matter? Its clear its an ad to her followers, isn't that all that the rules state? Or is it that you just can't stand to see her get more traffic?
If this is her full time job, she should put the effort in and learn to do it right. Her followers and the people who click these links pay her wage, so she should have the respect to follow the rules. And being honest, yes, I do have an issue with her getting more traffic if she's getting the traffic by playing the system.

I like Sinead but I wish she'd update her makeup a bit. It always seems very heavy, lots of products, bronzer, full eye makeup. Maybe she feels she needs heavy makeup for recording videos but it would be nice to see lighter, more pared back looks for a change.

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Sure god love her
Ah well at least she will have to whole summer off to recover from her 2 weeks in a row working ‘full time’
After Paris too I mean

A whole summer of LookFantastic aff links and too tight midi dresses denim jackets and vejas links also to look forward too

I get a bit sick of the trying to be good shite. You're in your 40s, just eat a few biscuits and get on with it. Nobody cares if you're a few pounds up or down, they're all too worried about themselves to even notice.