Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clarision

I do think she is very good at using her platform for helping the hospice and she puts every bit as much effort into the content she creates for the charity as she does paid work.
A lot of the time the insta huns just give a quick repost or share and big up the fact they shared a post as if they were doing something amazing for others or my personal most dislike thing is when they say they want to help a certain charity but then get all their followers to hand over their hard earned cash to their chosen cause under the instahuns name and then the said instahun acts as if they personally did such a good deed. I absolutely cannot stand that!!! A certain middle aged one from offaly is the worst for that kind of crap!
Fair play to Sinead she does give herself and she makes a big effort for the hospice I think that's very decent of her.
My heart breaks for her since her Dad died, grief is such a roller coaster and it's so hard.

Reactions: 14

Thump

VIP Member
This one is taking the piss lately, the ASAI clearly say it needs to be #ad, she’s not even using a # anymore. I’ve really gone off her with her carry on. She does loads of ads. Label them correctly Sinead, you know well what you’re doing.

Attachments

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Honestly, the reactions here seem OTT.

"What do the parents of the children she teaches think" what business is it of theirs what their child teacher does outside of work?

"In orlando when she should be in school" clearly shes gotten time off and therefore shouldnt be in school?

Mdance

Chatty Member
I have to agree that she is one of the few genuine influencers left. I'm very fond of her and she has always replied to any messages I have sent too. Thumbs up from me.

breac88

YStyle is understated and is great for the basics and pulling stuff together

Shes not into mad prints etc which means get better wears out of stuff I think

Good for genuine bargains too

She knows what she's at and she knows what people wants

If she's a big house out of it its well deserved

Shes not just throwing anything up for an easy buck

Nopatience

VIP Member
I think Sinead is lovely tbh. I think her dad had a massive impact on her life and also her decisions (hence her getting the extension on the house) i think she mentioned before that her husband was an accountant( now I could be 100% wrong on this) but I say she said fuck it and took all the adds coming to her. At the end of the day, she can take whatever ads or paid promotions she wants, it’s her career that she’s in charge of. Some might be put off by her constant ad which is fair. I think she looks great tbh , but those v black shoes need the bin.
Her husband is a primary school teacher too. I like her too but not as much as I used to reason been less is more for me. She is constantly on my stories and it’s all selling now. I appreciate it’s a great earner for her but it has changed her and I am not as inclined to look at her posts the way I used too,

Bigred21

VIP Member
OK, I know Sinead gets sent a lot of things, especially hair tools but how can she genuinely show all these new tools in good faith. Does most of us not have the same hairdryer and GHD from 2008? And she's showing how to give a mediocre straight blow dry style with 2 or 3 new Shark hair tools. You don't need that brush at a couple hundred euro, a simple vented round brush , sectioning and practice will do the same for €20
This is so true. I have my hair tools for years and years. It's overwhelming the amount of new over priced hair tools that she shares and it's always bigger and better than the one she shared the previous week. I pity anyone that falls for this ploy.

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Omg that jumpsuit is CRIMINAL on her

And the shorts 🤯

Sweet Jesus she’s like a fashion show for the golden girls 😅😅

• Haha

Dally4

I’m a long time Sinead follower since Facebook but I feel like she is selling her soul for money these days. Being realistic she must be making a lot influencing if she can afford all these things extension, new car etc etc and fair play to her but at what cost. The profhilo stories today triggered me it is an absolute luxury treatment probably about €350 a go and the results she is speaking about is rubbish long term it builds collagen and the next day your skin glows that’s is it . Also best injected by a doctor I notice this same nurse is doing lip fillers it’s all so wrong.

• Wow

petal1

VIP Member
I really don't think it's that complicated!!!
Commercial content unless completely unsolicited must be marked #ad
Unpaid ad is not an approved label for commercial content including gifted services.
They really need to start taking a stand and ensuring they comply

View attachment 2949127
Ooh, don't get me started in this!! Sinead knows exactly what's expected of her re #ads, but sure they all know at this stage that nothing will happen if they don't bother following the rules. The ASAI need to wake up and start actually doing something.

It bugs me that nearly 8 months into this 'new' reporting system, ASAI are still saying "Our approach at this time is to ensure awareness of, and compliance with, the new guidance. We fully expect that once we have reached out, there will be compliance."
Like,"compliance" my eye! What a cop out on their part!! There isn't a single influencer in Ireland who is now following the rules after input from the ASAI.
And I'm only just able to submit reports again, after about a month of the form timing out every time I pressed submit. The whole thing is a joke!!

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
I was always a big supporter of teachers until Covid. Sinead and her non stop rants about how hard done by they were turned me off the whole profession 😂 she’s a melt & if she was teaching my kid I’d cry

• Haha
  • Heart

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Years ago she had came on and recommended a leave in hair conditioner, it was more on the pricy side around €20, I was after finding a great leave in conditioner in Penneys, it was as good as the more expensive brands I had used, so I messaged her a picture and said this is a great dupe for X and it’s a lot more affordable if you want to show your followers, messaged back great thanks, and never showed it or mentioned the one I sent her, haven’t really been a fan of hers since, If she really cared about being honest etc she could’ve mentioned the cheaper alternative for her followers, not everyone has €20 to spend on a hair product
Not sure why she should share some one else opinion on her page?

missiemoomoo

VIP Member
The stuff she shows lately is absolute shite, not a hope she'd wear any of it. I really don't trust her recommendations anymore.

Reactions: 13
The MrPrice receipt …… when she said teachers don’t get reimbursed for the stationery…. Seriously 😳
I have to say a lot of people with kids presume it's all paid for by the schools so it's good to see the reality of it. My school contribution isn't a lot compared to other people's but I know some people refuse point blank to pay it. And not coz they don't have it. I'd love to go on a rant about the school books and workbooks but I won't....
I don't follow sinéad on twitter so can't comment on that but have to agree with the others I find her one of the last genuine people on insta that isn't selling her kids and keeping them private. Compared to others who show everything from them at a graveside to their knicker drawer.

missiemoomoo

VIP Member
Because the rules are the rules and you don’t get to circumvent them because they don’t work to your advantage. She’s making a nice income no doubt from Instagram, she has admitted it has allowed her to work less in her day job, so respect the rules of the influencing job, it’s not a choice to follow them or not. It just come off so cheeky when she is constantly talking about how honest she is with her page, reviews etc.
Completely agree. She constantly bleats on about how she hates using the terms blogger or influencer to describe herself and her page when really she is no better than any of them shilling shite to people.

• Heart

Hq7

I personally see no issue at all with her being an influencer and primary school teacher. Teacher's are entitled to lives outside of school also.

petal1

VIP Member
Oooh looks like someone got a warning - every posted clearly marked as Ad today
They're still all marked incorrectly though!

The hashtag (#ad) isn't meant to be within the white link box. It breaks the hashtag, thus meaning she's avoiding her content being analyzed as advertising by Insta.

It also means that if an agency like the ASAI search using the #ad hashtag, her content won't show up, as it's not tagged with a working hashtag. So basically our Sinead is as sneaky as they come, trying to out wit the insta algorithm and avoid her content being seen as advertising. It's deceptive to her viewers and unfair to every influencer who does tag their content correctly (and there aren't many, I know!!). And she knows exactly what she is doing.