Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curlique

VIP Member
I'm on team Sinead here. I think she's genuine and just a normal person. Look we've all whinged about what Covid did to our lives in some ways. I ignore the teacher and kids talk as I'm not a teacher and don't have kids. I like how she's honest about what she likes and doesn't like in products and brands. She's sharing how difficult it is to have a parent with a terminal illness and she doesn't show her kids faces. One of the few decent influencers on the gram.

Reactions: 17

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Yvonne sticks to what she's good at. You couldn't compare them. Sinead thinks she is a beauty and fashion guru for some reason with the 2008 makeup and horrendous dresses from born etc. Yvonne shows a really good variety from lots of stores, really good basics and has a very classy eye. I have bought loads from her links. She also doesn't whinge and bitch and moan which is an added bonus. It's refreshing how she rarely comes on camera in a way....she's making great money but isn't a total fame whore.

Reactions: 16

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
Why does it matter? Its clear its an ad to her followers, isn't that all that the rules state? Or is it that you just can't stand to see her get more traffic?
nope very specific needs to be a #ad when you make a complaint they have an option for wrong/incomplete hashtag so it's an ongoing issue.
It's not about her followers knowing it's an ad, it's about adhering to the advertising rules.

Hq7

I think job sharing in teaching world is to give time to a young family or a sick family member … not to develop a side job … simple as that … I don’t care if im a Karen , she’s a permanent teacher so there’s little to anything that can be done about it so we are wasting our time talking about it.
Job sharing can be for any number of reasons not at all limited to young family or sick family members.

Leasha

I loved her years ago, she gave good reviews and wasn't afraid to say a thing was shite to not waste your money. But all the LookFantastuc content , you can't believe a word she says about products now cos she's not paying her own money for it. It's all top end stuff. Read the room Sinead, we are all struggling at the minute. We can't afford weekly orders for Look Fantastic, Carriage donn, iclothing.
She's lost touch with reality and her followers.

Thump

VIP Member
I'll caveat this with the fact that I like Sinead, (although agree she can be too heavy on the selling). But genuinely wonder why people (not just you, only using ur post as recent example) have a problem with A D. It's just to get around the instagran algorithm, I'm OK with that personally as it's still clearly labelled which is more than can be said for a lot of the huns.
Because the rules are the rules and you don’t get to circumvent them because they don’t work to your advantage. She’s making a nice income no doubt from Instagram, she has admitted it has allowed her to work less in her day job, so respect the rules of the influencing job, it’s not a choice to follow them or not. It just come off so cheeky when she is constantly talking about how honest she is with her page, reviews etc.

Curlique

VIP Member
I think job sharing in teaching world is to give time to a young family or a sick family member … not to develop a side job … simple as that … I don’t care if im a Karen , she’s a permanent teacher so there’s little to anything that can be done about it so we are wasting our time talking about it.
Job sharing is job sharing. There aren't qualifying terms and conditions. Your time when you're not on is your own.

Thump

VIP Member
I’m sure this won’t be popular among any teachers here, but how much more leave could they need, my child is on mid-term at least once a month these days. Mid-term again now currently and school holidays next month. 2 weeks Easter mid-term. Midterm in March and Feb. A week off in January after the rest of us went back to work. It’s almost easier to count the weeks they are in school at this stage.

• Haha

Leasha

Really beginning to lose any interest in Sinead. Its all sell, sell, sell.
Incase you haven't realised Sinead, the country is on its knees and people haven't two shillings to rub together. We haven't money to spend on Tom Ford bronzer. Surely the beauty bloggers day is over.

• Heart

Leasha

I'm gonna have to unfollow Sinead

Yes, she's always been a make up blog but she used to come onto Snapchat or Stories and talk about everything, now it's just sell sell sell, ad ad ad or should I say a d , which is very sneaky and disingenuous.
Can't she read the room, no one has the money for all the make up she posts and her idea or affordable is most definitely not my idea of it. And €90 a pop dresses for work, cop on.

I'm a long term follower, but I'm out.

Reactions: 15

Baby0912

I have followed her for years. She seems genuine but her page has now turned into the shopping channel. It's a big turn off.

SozBbz

VIP Member
Does anyone have a link to report influencers? It used to be so easy but I can’t seem to find a link now. This one is really getting on my goat with her blatant disregard of the required hashtags, she isn’t even using hashtags anymore even though ASAI explicitly state that #ad and #gifted are what should be used. It’s all over her stories and grid.
---
---
She is suuuch a fake and a phoney, her she is again putting a space between the A and the D and not using the #. How many times has this been called out on this thread yet you still get the “ah sinead is sound, leave her alone” gang here defending her.
Mere days after the ASAI/CPCC issued new rules which are very clear, here she is mislabelling no less than 5consecutive stories. Tell me again that it’s not deliberate?!
She’s a grifter, and what’s worse she’s a 🐍 in teachers clothing.

Attachments

The Foz

I am a fan of Sinéad most of the time, I think with all the try ons she’s making hay while the sun shines. She’s a smart lady.

But what I cannot get over is her use of the English language, both written and spoken. For a teacher it is absolutely shocking.

Malc

Chatty Member
Her page is an advertising business, that she makes money from. Hence she can afford to go to Orlando. Sinead might proclaim to be more genuine/real etc, but she’s still coining it in like the rest of the huns.
I’m really getting turned off her page. Constantly selling and promoting. It’s sad really because I used to like her.

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Plenty. I don't know why people think the sun shines out of her arse. She's actually boring. Sharing af links has paid for her big house and lovely kitchen.
I really like her because she isn’t on bullshitting. She shares links etc & that’s it. She is what she is. There’s no bullshit or over sharing of her family etc. She’s selling & being upfront about it

petal1

VIP Member
We're supposed to shut up, watch their ads, and spend our money on the tat they advertise. Disliking or questioning the clothes isn't allowed. I do think she jumped the gun with that message.

• Heart

Curlique

VIP Member
Sinead’s gone mad for selling code for everything… 🙄
She has contracts with a few places and took a week off so is playing catch up. Sinead does nothing ostentatious like other influencers and I don't begrudge her a cent.