Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_

VIP Member
It's heavy rain where I am, which is nice, apart from the fact that I don't drive and have to do the school run. It feels colder here, which I'm all for.

Reactions: 1

WotsitG1

VIP Member
I’m thinking of getting these this year as I’ll be pregnant ao no chance of my feet fittingly dr martens. Are they easy to keep clean? I do a lot of walking in parks and muddy cycle tracks.
yeah get some protector spray!! I just wait till the mud dries and brush them off! Wore them non stop last winter for dog walks and they still look good

roarke

VIP Member
I got a spray for when I’m working night shift, I work on my own in an old building and the spiders pretty much wear saddles they’re so big! Just type into Amazon ‘spider repellent’ there will be loads but they all do the same thing! Spray it in all the wee places you think they’ll be hiding, it doesn’t harm them they just hate it so don’t go near it! ☺
However a lot of them are harmful to other animals, so check the bottle.

There’s the most beautiful sunrise this morning and I’m so glad I caught it. Yesterday evening felt a bit chilly and it looks like the weather is getting cooler next week for me. Might be too soon to jinx it, but I think autumn is starting 🤞😃

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I just bought a chunky, mid- shin (maxi?) length black cardigan from Tesco, to wear at work when it starts to get colder. It will look great over long dresses or over a blouse and black jeans. It feels really swishy and grungy and it reminds me of when long cardigans where in fashion a few years ago. Will definitely wear boots with it. I bought it impulsively because typically you see something you like but leave it, and next week your size is sold out.
I was looking at that cardie in Tesco, too . It's on the Next website as well . I think it's acrylic and I'm trying to buy fewer synthetic materials, although I am tempted to try it on

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I love my uggs. I brought the shorter ones last year that kinda sit at your ankle…. Love them! Can’t wait to get back to wearing them!
Wear whatever makes you happy!
They are the ones I was looking at. I'm definitely going to order a pair on payday🤩

GirlOnTheTrain

Can anyone recommend any nice candles for autumn that aren’t pumpkin scented? I’ve got Xmas and summer ones but never had an autumn one before.
Will also be starting Gilmore Girls this week for the first time - looking forward to that.
As much as I like autumn, having to put the lamp on earlier every night to be able to read - usually don’t mind but the leccy bills and that 😅
Muji do some lovely ones, Log Fire & Hinoki Wood are my favourite Autumn/Winter ones. The Cinnamon & Mandarin one is nice too.

jaymie

VIP Member
What are some of your autumn dinner meals, I need some ideas. I am so excited for the cold weather, I can’t deal with this weather.

nicalibres

VIP Member
For anyone with access to The White Company. I smelled their Autumn and Oakmoss scents (they didn’t have the 3rd one)

The Oakmoss is SO good. I bought the smaller candle as that’s all they had, smells like a warm pub with leather chairs and a crackling fire.
Autumn was really disappointing. It was so fruity and not Woody at all.

However each to their own (noses!).
Ooh I like the sound of both! I’ve got my eye on these as well

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Apple crumble and pumpkin pie sound divine! Does anyone have a nice pumpkin pie recipe? I've never made it before, but have always wanted to try make one. I've started to watch my autumnal TV shows and movies - I'm excited to bring out my decorative pumpkins and pine cones soon!
This is decent! https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/the-great-pumpkin-pie-recipe/ I'm sure it's better if you make your own pie crust (she has a recipe), but I just buy it pre-made. This year I will have a go at making it from scratch as we now have a tabletop dishwasher! I don't do the cranberries ^_^ You can buy pumpkin puree most autumns in various shops, but I've found it all year round in Waitrose. It comes in a tin. If you want to make it from a pumpkin, you can use the blue ones, but honestly it turns out better from a tin haha, and way less messy too

fudgebox

VIP Member
Just sat here waiting for spooky season to arrive like:

We’re doing Orlando Florida at the beginning of October next year, I can’t wait to experience fall in the US (even although it’ll still be very warm).
Oh so jealous I’d love to see the Halloween decs! We’re hoping to go April time!

• Heart