The Archie Battersbee case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’ve requested a delay to apply to appeal to ECHR since they fucked up their chance at Supreme Court. Judge gave them 48 hours. Good luck getting a definitive answer from Strasbourg

Reactions: 13
It’s kinda fascinating that AA are so in the dark. They scream about justice but don’t even bother to keep up to date with the proceedings?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Reading the comments on Facebook, so many people are thick. Saying it's a good thing the judge ruled as they wouldn't be able to switch it off without feeling guilty and they would fight to the end.. I hope other parent don't feel guilted into court action like this 😡. The most selfless thing you can do in that situation is to let your child go.

Ah now they are talking about the ECHR application

Barrister seeking a stay of seven days to apply to the ECHR

Court had refused seven days - given 48 hours
ECHR will refuse as a dead person can't really have human rights from the horse's mouth.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
With regard to the GFM cash, can it be spent on anything other than medical treatment? Like clothes, food, booze, holidays?

Reactions: 2
His soul needs to be set free to start it’s next journey . Bless him.
I know the pain of losing a son as my boy took his life aged 15 almost 4 years ago

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Reading the comments on Facebook, so many people are thick. Saying it's a good thing the judge ruled as they wouldn't be able to switch it off without feeling guilty and they would fight to the end.. I hope other parent don't feel guilted into court action like this 😡. The most selfless thing you can do in that situation is to let your child go.

ECHR will refuse as a dead person can't really have human rights from the horse's mouth.
I get what your saying and for all intents and purposes he is dead. However legally his declaration of death was overturned when they won their first appeal. Legally he is alive 😑

With regard to the GFM cash, can it be spent on anything other than medical treatment? Like clothes, food, booze, holidays?
They stated it’s for anything and everything when questioned so yeah

Reactions: 5
I just can't understand how she can sit there, knowing this is going out live for anyone to see, having a judge say 'the family are in agreement that Archie won't recover and the only option here is death, the only argument is how and when he will die', and then go on Facebook and say 'he will recover / he is recovering / they are lying / he's not dying / etc etc'. Is she missing something??
I can't imagine she takes in/understands much of what is being said by the judge and barristers. She's probably sat there wondering if she's too old to pop another kid out, thinking about all the benefits she'll lose out on once Archie is legally declared dead. The GFM cash isn't going to go that far.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Go fund me money goes into the bank account of the person who runs it, there is a lot of debate about the one set up for Ashley cains daughter and if it was all put into the charity they set up or some was kept for personal use

in this case the medical treatment is free as it’s nhs and the lawyer said he was working for free too so they didn’t have that expense. I imagine a large sum of it will be used for a funeral at some point

go fund me whilst good is open to so much abuse unfortunately

Reactions: 16
I get what your saying and for all intents and purposes he is dead. However legally his declaration of death was overturned when they won their first appeal. Legally he is alive 😑

Alfie Evans parents appeal was denied with the ECHR and arguably he had a better chance. Parts of his brain were still functioning. There's literally zero chance this will get the approval. Hollie is just prolonging this.

Alfie Evans parents appeal was denied with the ECHR and arguably he had a better chance. Parts of his brain were still functioning. There's literally zero chance this will get the approval. Hollie is just prolonging this.
Oh I’m not expecting it to be given time by the ECHR I was just saying they can’t refuse it on grounds that’s he’s already dead so therefor doesn’t have any rights. He’s legally alive. They’ll use a different reason to deny

• Sick
Reactions: 6

The declaration of death wasn't overturned; the appeal was allowed on the basis that they felt Archie's own wishes had not been given sufficient weight. It wasn't because of an error in declaring him legally dead. As far as I have read, the fact that two judges ruled him to be dead still stands and his medical situation has not changed in any way, i.e., brain stem necrotizing and apparently dropped to his lumbar (lower back) region. No electrical activity in the brain, no blood flow. And by refusing leave to appeal further, Hayden's ruling was just upheld as well.

Reactions: 12
How long before she posts to the AA page? I do have sympathy for any person in that position, but the way she's conducted herself (online in particular) has been questionable.

I hope Archie's dad is ok, the stress of it all must be impossible to take.

Reactions: 9
Glad to find this thread. I've only been on tattle about a month and I'm normally on the influencer side of things but can't wait to follow/participate in this thread as I have a LOT of unspoken opinions on things like this :ROFLMAO:

The declaration of death wasn't overturned; the appeal was allowed on the basis that they felt Archie's own wishes had not been given sufficient weight. It wasn't because of an error in declaring him legally dead. As far as I have read, the fact that two judges ruled him to be dead still stands and his medical situation has not changed in any way, i.e., brain stem necrotizing and apparently dropped to his lumbar (lower back) region. No electrical activity in the brain, no blood flow. And by refusing leave to appeal further, Hayden's ruling was just upheld as well.
Unfortunately it was. Read the highlighted line from the court documents. It also states in 3 i that That the court indicated that Arbuthnot J’s findings in her judgments of 13th May 2022 and 13th June 2022 with regard to the general medical evidence would stand (not including the declaratory order)
It went through the case with Hayden as him being legally alive. Another declaration of death has not been given

Attachments

Reactions: 4
His soul needs to be set free to start it’s next journey . Bless him.
I know the pain of losing a son as my boy took his life aged 15 almost 4 years ago
That’s so sad 😞 I’m sorry for your loss xxxx

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.