The Archie Battersbee case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Archie's Dad, this stress must be taking a massive toll.

I'm so relieved for Archie that the appeal was refused though. I hope he gets the dignified withdrawal soon.

Reactions: 12
I just can't understand how she can sit there, knowing this is going out live for anyone to see, having a judge say 'the family are in agreement that Archie won't recover and the only option here is death, the only argument is how and when he will die', and then go on Facebook and say 'he will recover / he is recovering / they are lying / he's not dying / etc etc'. Is she missing something??

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Sorry if this has been said, I’m not at home but can she appeal at the Supreme Court or the court of human rights? Or is this it?

Reactions: 1
I just can't understand how she can sit there, knowing this is going out live for anyone to see, having a judge say 'the family are in agreement that Archie won't recover and the only option here is death, the only argument is how and when he will die', and then go on Facebook and say 'he will recover / he is recovering / they are lying / he's not dying / etc etc'. Is she missing something??
A brain at this stage I’d say.
Actually that’s nasty of me but there’s something not right in her head. She’s not normal.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Sorry if I sound awfull but why on earth is no emotion in hollies face .
if court told me it was refused and basically the life support will be ending I would be beside myself . She never seems to look emotional or tears . I also feel sorry for archies dad must be so stressful for him no doubt she keeps telling him to agree with her else she won’t let him be at archies bed side I can see her being a witch like that 😞
The go fund me money will stop rolling in she's probably thinking about that.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
How do you even sit in court knowing that your child is hovvering in some alternate universe between life and death with a DNR in place...............

Reactions: 19
I would have left the court and went to sit with my child as soon as the results came in.. The rest of the proceeding could have been dealt with by her legal team.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her behaviour very strange . Parents csay they agree he is gone but on Army group she says he’s recovering ..
she has no emotion when the judge said all his medical issues and i had tears and his mum just didn’t seem interested .
pits not about Archie it’s about her staying in the news shes awfull . Poor boy I feel so sorry for the dad !! 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Jesus wept, the photo of the monkey in the car is just bizarre. His mother is going to struggle to cope with the loss of media attention more than the loss of her poor little boy, by the looks of it.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Jesus wept, the photo of the monkey in the car is just bizarre. His mother is going to struggle to cope with the loss of media attention more than the loss of her poor little boy, by the looks of it.
That's exactly my take. She's managed to ger her 15mns by exploiting what should have been a private tragedy.

How do you even sit in court knowing that your child is hovvering in some alternate universe between life and death with a DNR in place...............
He’s not though, he’s dead. His brain is rotting. I think she knows this but is revelling in the attention and the go fund me cash

Reactions: 17
Who are the women with Hollie? Is that the sister in law(yer)? I haven't quite kept up with the soap opera end of things.

Reactions: 3
He’s not though, he’s dead. His brain is rotting. I think she knows this but is revelling in the attention and the go fund me cash
The fact he has necrotic tissue in his brain stem and lungs is chilling. He died on 7th April.

I can understand the parents, especially his mother, not wanting to accept that the child took his own life, and maybe it's easier to believe his death was accidental rather than intentional.

Prolonging things like this isn't helping anyone though, plus there's the fact the little boy is taking up a child's bed in Intensive Care, a bed that a child with a hope of recovery could use.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I think when people say things like above, they mean she might miss his last machine breath if something goes horribly wrong, seeing as it’s been mentioned that he could crash at any time, they won’t intervene when it happens.

Hope I’ve worded this so people can understand it.

Reactions: 11
The go fund me money will stop rolling in she's probably thinking about that.
That's exactly my take. She's managed to ger her 15mns by exploiting what should have been a private tragedy.
Yes to both of these points.
She is going to struggle with the loss of attention when the 'army' and the media move to other causes. Plus the money will stop coming in.

Of course I sympathise with any parent losing a child, it must be their worst nightmare. But she is exploiting the situation, as well as saying all sorts of dreadful stuff about the people involved in the care of the child's body, and about the judge(s).

Ah now they are talking about the ECHR application

Barrister seeking a stay of seven days to apply to the ECHR

Court had refused seven days - given 48 hours

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.