The Archie Battersbee case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve read in a few places that there’s a lot more to Archie’s home life than meets the eye. But it could be hearsay.

I am assuming then she will be donating all the go fund me accounts to the NHS? No? Thought not. I think it’s disgusting she’s blaming people for his dad having a suspected heart attack. Especially when most people have been very nice about the dad, people have been critical of her. The Dad isn’t the one trolling people online , positing pics of their son in nappies and sharing videos of Archie flipping the V.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I’ve read in a few places that there’s a lot more to Archie’s home life than meets the eye. But it could be hearsay.

I am assuming then she will be donating all the go fund me accounts to the NHS? No? Thought not. I think it’s disgusting she’s blaming people for his dad having a suspected heart attack. Especially when most people have been very nice about the dad, people have been critical of her. The Dad isn’t the one trolling people online , positing pics of their son in nappies and sharing videos of Archie flipping the V.
Comparing keeping Archie on life support to death row prisoners 🙄🙄🙄

1. We don't have death row here
2. Someone being on death row doesn't potentially prevent another child from living. If anything it might help people survive because you know they are often murderers...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This isn’t about another child.. another child having use of his bed has nothing to do with this. Neither does the cost. Archie is just beyond help and keeping him like this is wrong.

Reactions: 37
I know I'm very late to the discussion on this but has Archie's mother ever thought about the type of death life she is consigning her son to, even if he had minimal consciousness. I've never been a mum and I can't imagine anything worse than having to organize your own child's funeral (even if they've grown up) but I would hope that I would know when to let go, even if it tore me to pieces. If you're thinking about what's best for your child, you have to consider the life they will have...or, rather, not have. Just been reading some of the comments on The Daily Mail website in response to his father's health issues. They beggar belief (although I should have known what to expect). If medical evidence is as suggested, they are actually wishing torture of this boy or the desecration of his body. At best, they're looking for a modern day Lazarus. Letting go is often the hardest but bravest thing to do. Not saying this is for every case but his really does seem utterly hopeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Comparing keeping Archie on life support to death row prisoners 🙄🙄🙄

1. We don't have death row here
2. Someone being on death row doesn't potentially prevent another child from living. If anything it might help people survive because you know they are often murderers...
Oh I agree, but this is how she’s trying to whip up the barmy army.
i did see one of them claim everyone under the age of 18 should get six months on life support automstically.

• Wow
I've seen people mention on fb that there are comments on the local newspaper articles. I looked a few days ago and couldn't find any but there are a couple on the latest article on Essex Echo facebokk Post atm. Saying something along the lines of people are going to be shocked when the real truth comes out about what happened
Personally, once this is over I wouldn’t be bothered not to hear their names again.
Just let them fade back into obscurity, come to terms with what has happened and finally grieve.
No need for anyone to spin it out any further

I know I'm very late to the discussion on this but has Archie's mother ever thought about the type of death life she is consigning her son to, even if he had minimal consciousness. I've never been a mum and I can't imagine anything worse than having to organize your own child's funeral (even if they've grown up) but I would hope that I would know when to let go, even if it tore me to pieces. If you're thinking about what's best for your child, you have to consider the life they will have...or, rather, not have. Just been reading some of the comments on The Daily Mail website in response to his father's health issues. They beggar belief (although I should have known what to expect). If medical evidence is as suggested, they are actually wishing torture of this boy or the desecration of his body. At best, they're looking for a modern day Lazarus. Letting go is often the hardest but bravest thing to do. Not saying this is for every case but his really does seem utterly hopeless.
The majority really haven’t grasped the difference between coma and brain dead.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Been following this for a few weeks but found the forum today. There’s a couple of hours I won’t get back. Absolutely ridiculous story. As someone said earlier - nothing is ever her fault is it? And by extension, Archie’s fault? But to take it this far is just cruel. Very upsetting. Found this too from a family friend of theirs which sums it up quite well. Poor lad.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Hollie and Ella have said they don’t believe in dignity in death for Archie. She wants him to have a chaotic death. Beggars belief as to why.
Well, as it's said in the post, if 'only God' had the right to take life, God would have taken him when the poor kid (allegedly) tried hanging himself. It is only through medical intervention that he has any current 'existence' at all and it's not one I'd wish on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’ve said it before, and I still stand by it, turn his machines off and see what ‘god’ decides to do. Keeping him on the machines is artificial.

Reactions: 24
I’ve said it before, and I still stand by it, turn his machines off and see what ‘god’ decides to do. Keeping him on the machines is artificial.
I agree completely. Seeing as they are all newly Christian, then let the good lord decide Archie's fate and turn the machines off. If he breathes unaided, opens his eyes, starts to respond, then I, too, will become a believer. As it is, I think Archie's body will be unable to sustain any form of independent life, and he will at last be at peace.

Reactions: 20
If only god can decide surely the whole idea of being on life support goes against god?

Reactions: 21
What a terrible situation for anyone to be in. I find it so cruel to keep this wee boy 'alive' surely the parents can see he has zero quality of life and it's the kindest most humane thing to do. We treat animals kinder 😔 obviously a very big difference between pets and a child but when you look at it rationally that's the cold hard facts

Reactions: 10
E40533B8-C0B1-4723-8AC7-438F932C958D.jpeg
Photo from the DM article today. Can any of the ICU bods tell me what the blue pads are? Is it is warming system? Wondered if it was an abdominal binder but doesn’t look right and has piping coming from it

also - interesting he doesn’t appear to have a central line in - can’t see any photos with one, just this green venflon. Do they use femoral lines more with kiddies?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
It’s a targeted temperature management system that can control the bodies temperature. On my cardiac ICU we use them to cool patients who’ve had heart attacks.

Had a brainwave and googled it, it’s an arctic sun I think . Warming pads
Although it can be used to rewarm, it is frequently used for cooling to reduce the risk of increasing brain injury. I think the photo with Archie wearing one is a fairly old photo. I’m not sure he’s wearing it now.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.