The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry for what may be an incredibly insensitive question, but one can't help but wonder if this was in America or another country where healthcare was not free and insurance or payment was required, whether this would be continuing to the degree it is. Of course I'm not suggesting for a moment that this is a primary reason to end his support or continue with it, it just seems incredibly ungrateful to the experience and knowledge of the doctors and medical staff, but also the NHS who are currently practically on their knees. The amount of medical care given to this child will have cost hundreds upon hundreds of thousands. That in itself is not to say a life isn't worth it, but at what cost? The boy would never have any quality of life, i think it is futile to keep him going like this. If it were me, I would not wish to be kept alive under these circumstances and as I said in an earlier post, i wouldn't keep my dog alive.
Can't say on whether it would go on like this but crowd funding does exist and when you have a child involved it's bound to get attention

The case of Jahi McMath may interest you too, from what I have gathered from some light reading is that the child was declared braindead in 2013 but then legal challenges were mounted by the family and the second death certificate was issued for 2018. She didn't spend all that time at the same hospital though

Reactions: 8
Ugh i feel so bad about the poetry and everything else mainting Archie will recover on the fb group. This is helping no-one, least of all the family. Feel like the longer this is dragged out, the harder the emotional crash will be.

Come on Archie rise and shine we all know your just resting and taking your time.
Open them beautiful big blue eyes and give everyone a lovely surprise.
A long hard battle has/is being fought, with mum dad and Ella having to go to court.
Come on champ prove them right. They won’t give up without a fight.
Make tonight that special one when you wake and say hello mum.
Your family are an inspiration and so loved by a majority of the nation.
They cannot please a scumbag few but they thought they would leave those ones for you.
You can put them in their place as they made themselves look a complete disgrace.
Come on Archie fight fight fight come back to your family and hug them tight

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Ugh i feel so bad about the poetry and everything else mainting Archie will recover on the fb group. This is helping no-one, least of all the family. Feel like the longer this is dragged out, the harder the emotional crash will be.

Come on Archie rise and shine we all know your just resting and taking your time.
A long hard battle has/is being fought, with mum dad and Ella having to go to court.
They cannot please a scumbag few but they thought they would leave those ones for you.
You can put them in their place as they made themselves look a complete disgrace.
What is wrong with people?

The fact this person has tried to write a "sincere" and "loving" poem, but chucked the word "scumbag" in says it all really.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

God lord what on Earth has got into these people to write this stuff. All clamouring for likes and comments on Facebook for their tit poetry, tattoos etc. If you were a thoughtful person wanting to write a poem about a gravely ill child why would you include talk about going to court and scumbags. Bloody oddballs.

This is sadly no longer about Archie, it’s about his family’s wants and weirdos on Facebook wanting attention.

Reactions: 26

I imagine somewhere Keats is kicking himself for not getting ‘scumbag’ into any of his rhymes.
just think how much it would have improved Ode to a Nightingale.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Also the people randomly putting up pictures of their kids because their kids want to "say hi to Archie." I would not expose my child to some of those oddballs.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
Also the people randomly putting up pictures of their kids because their kids want to "say hi to Archie." I would not expose my child to some of those oddballs.
Yeah I haven’t seen the group since it went private but before then people were posting images and videos of their own children, a number of these children clearly had medical issues or SEN and it made me feel so uncomfortable.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It feels tactless to me. Imagine putting a pic of your child waving and smiling on a dying kids FB page. Isn't that a bit like saying 'Look , here's my live one'?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I can’t believe they said they don’t believe in dignity in death.

She wants him to die on the machines she says - when on the fb group she reckons that healing and her woo tit can heal him from his a vegetative state.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It isn't much of a secret anymore that why Hollie is trying to push this further.
It's not because she isn't convinced that he is gone, I feel deep down she knows it.
But she has to keep herself seem as innocent as possible for the aftermath of all this.
The truth will come out. Of course she is gonna deny all that saying the entire system is corrupt and wants to frame her for going against them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
But she has to keep herself seem as innocent as possible for the aftermath of all this.
The truth will come out
What do you think the truth is though?

Being pushy with a child or missing signs of them being depressed is hardly criminal

Reactions: 7
It strikes me that she is thriving on the publicity and having been elevated to some kind of saintly mother figure by her motley crew. This is not about what's best for her son, it hasn't been for a very long time. It's about her toxic hatred and mistrust of the medics who have treated him so meticulously well. Look at the incredibly invasive stuff they are having to do to him on a daily, even hourly basis. While she's probably sat there watching them, whilst scrolling her Facebook and posting disgusting comments about them. Archie has had months more "time" than most people get. She is an uncouth, ungrateful woman and the sooner she retreats into obscurity the better. I hope Archie has a swift and peaceful passing.

Reactions: 34
Eugh the armies thing needs to be banned. I hate this describing Archie as a fighter it's not a fight. Archie sadly sustained a catastrophic hypoxic brain injury the boy he was has already gone. He's already died!! Letting his body peacefully go doesn't mean giving up a fight, it means giving him dignity and respect.

Reactions: 28
It strikes me that she is thriving on the publicity and having been elevated to some kind of saintly mother figure by her motley crew. This is not about what's best for her son, it hasn't been for a very long time. It's about her toxic hatred and mistrust of the medics who have treated him so meticulously well. Look at the incredibly invasive stuff they are having to do to him on a daily, even hourly basis. While she's probably sat there watching them, whilst scrolling her Facebook and posting disgusting comments about them. Archie has had months more "time" than most people get. She is an uncouth, ungrateful woman and the sooner she retreats into obscurity the better. I hope Archie has a swift and peaceful passing.
I fully agree. I thought similar in the case of Charlie Gard in relation to the parents, and felt slightly bad for thinking that they were thriving on the attention.
Of course I have enormous sympathy for any parent who loses a child. It must be a horrendous loss.

I hope he is allowed to soon go peacefully.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Just listening to the rundown on LBC and Hollie speaks and says about Archie giving up she will accept it, but his body already has. He is brain-stem dead.. I don't get it? He is being kept alive by machines, Hollie. Switch them off and see how quickly he gives up.

Its horrifying.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.