The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could not go to that hospital and look those doctors and other medical staff in the eye, knowing how i'd trashed them on social media.
I take my hat off to those professional medics who are treating this boy under extremely difficult circumstances, knowing his parent is trying her hardest to belittle and discredit everything they've worked and studied hard for.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
They aren’t that religious. If they were they all would have been christened before now.
Of course, but no one that’s in a power of authority can tell them that they’re not religious enough

Also as someone before has said it is not unusual for people to turn religious after or while going through a traumatic event

Reactions: 8
Impossibly sad. But the judge's words are bang on, he was matter of fact whilst remaining compassionate towards the family.

Mr Justice Hayden said continuing treatment was "futile".

"It serves only to protract his death, whilst being unable to prolong his life," he said.

The judge said evidence showed that Archie had suffered a "significant injury" to "multiple areas" of his brain and had not "regained awareness at any time".

"Archie's mother described him as a fighter and I have no doubt he was," said Mr Justice Hayden.

"But the fight, if it can properly be characterised as such, is no longer in Archie's control.

"The damage to his brain has deprived him of any bodily autonomy.

"Eventually Archie's organs will fail and ultimately his heart will stop."

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I think they'll just object to what is heard today and try to incur further delays. Didn't the Gards go to the Supreme Court and also tried the European Court for Human Rights?
They applied to the Supreme Court who declined the application to appeal on the grounds that there was no arguable point of law. I imagine they'll say the same in Archie's case, I have no doubt his mum will try to appeal this decision.

Reactions: 14
I believe the right decision has been made. I hope Hollie can begin to accept it and doesn’t continue with her narrative that the medical staff are all corrupt. They’ve probably gone above and beyond for that boy, she should be thanking them not slating them.

Reactions: 21
The comments on twitter against the BBC post 'give the family more time', they have had so much time, the more time they have the more time this bed is being taken up and not therefore available to a child who might have a chance of survival.

Reactions: 24
It sounds like the Judge has been extremely compassionate towards the family :cry:
He’s a very very thoughtful and compassionate judge, and having seen him in action he will have explored every single avenue to the far ends to make his decision. Heartbreaking for the family but the right call.

Reactions: 20
It says that the family lawyer is considering an appeal....................
I have no doubt they will. Anything to keep their predatory little organisation in the headlines for as long as possible, until the next poor victim comes along.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Shes a grieving mother and its horrific for them all but shes also incredibly selfish and needs to think about her son not herself now

Reactions: 29
DFA has uploaded a statement where the family say they will be appealing

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
The sheer volume of treatment required has been listed in the judgement. How anyone can think that is in someone's best interest is beyond me.

It puts in black and white how they are artificially keeping his body functioning. How his mum wants this to continue I don't know.

ETA the next paragraph down says that he needs blood tests every 1 to 2 hours to monitor the acids and salts in his blood, so medication can be adjusted accordingly. That alone is incredibly invasive and should tell her everything she needs to know.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm sorry but her stupidity is overwhelming. Does she not understand that cardiac arrest means your heart stops beating........... I don't know how she was stood smiling at the media after hearing that.

I'm convinced that there's something very seriously wrong with this lady.

Reactions: 32
Has the time/day to withdraw treatment been decided? Or is that on pause since an appeal is being considered

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.