The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The judge even said he’s sure if Archie had the chance he would fight but he can’t - he has no control over it. He even has necrotic secretions in his lungs now.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I fully agree. I thought similar in the case of Charlie Gard in relation to the parents, and felt slightly bad for thinking that they were thriving on the attention.
Of course I have enormous sympathy for any parent who loses a child. It must be a horrendous loss.

I hope he is allowed to soon go peacefully.
I never really followed the Alfie Evans case (reading about his 'army' during this situation has been an absolute window into madness! 🤯). I followed the Charlie Gard story more, I know his parents were on bad terms with the hospital but they didn't seem like they stoked people up as much as Hollie has (and, from what I've heard, Alfie's parents). Charlie's mum and dad always seemed very heartbroken and desperate 🙁

Reactions: 13
I never really followed the Alfie Evans case (reading about his 'army' during this situation has been an absolute window into madness! 🤯). I followed the Charlie Gard story more, I know his parents were on bad terms with the hospital but they didn't seem like they stoked people up as much as Hollie has (and, from what I've heard, Alfie's parents). Charlie's mum and dad always seemed very heartbroken and desperate 🙁
same as me I always felt very sad for Charlie gards parents, but rightly or wrongly Archie’s mum gets right on my last nerve

Reactions: 10
I avoided reading very much about the Alfie Evans case after the madness that went on with Charlie's 'army' and stuff being sold as mementos and whatnot.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I hope the inquest gets to the bottom of the case. I don't expect the coroner will tolerate lies, deceit and manipulation. A young lad has lost his life and people have some explaining to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't know if the difference is with CG he had a diagnosed condition whereby there are some treatments that have worked for children in the world... but he was too far or something whereas with AB it appears to have been a suicide attempt with a dead brain stem so there are less options/stories of actual recovery.

Reactions: 11
I avoided reading very much about the Alfie Evans case after the madness that went on with Charlie's 'army' and stuff being sold as mementos and whatnot.
I remember seeing Alfie’s dad reading a statement just before the end and you realised he was barely more than a boy himself. Both them and Charlie Gards parents were very young to be navigating all that with the added worry about genetics and what it meant for the future. It was the Armies that I had no truck with.

Reactions: 12
Fell down a rabbit hole reading comments on the "ladbible" story of this. Half the army are definitely in force there for sure

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Charlie's parents always looked full of angst and deep pain. His mum especially, she almost looked completely vacant. I don't think they wanted the limelight. Hollie however.....

Reactions: 21
Why Hollie's friends and family allowed her to communicate with those lunatics on Facebook all day every day is beyond me. The child is obviously dead, everyone can see that, however obviously Hollie is going through stage 10 denial and is teetering on the edge of a massive mental breakdown when this is all over. Losing a child creates enough mental trauma as it is. Now imagine your child dies, their corpse gets taken to hospital and is hooked up to machines to essentially keep them warm and 'alive' looking while a bunch of irresponsible religous nutbags leave comment after comment on your Facebook about how your child is still alive and the evil doctors tending to their internally rotting corpse are lying to you. These people online cant actually believe that Archie is going to suddenly jump up out of bed one day like grandpa Joe. They just want a space to flaunt how much of a Christian they are and how much they believe in 'the power of the lord.' I cant believe she was able to sit and broadcast her sons dead body on Facebook multiple times a day without her account being suspended. I dread seeing the fallout when he is taken off life support and the real grief sets in. Obviously medical advancement is a wonderful thing, but when it allows people to sit in a sort of death purgatory and cause so much anguish, you have to ask yourself when trying to cheat death becomes immoral for those unwillingly subjected to futile medical treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I can see this escalating unfortunately - threats to the hospital and its staff, etc. I hope I’m wrong.

• Sad
A coroner’s inquest will only determine the cause of death e.g., accident, open verdict etc, it won’t look to apportion guilt or blame to anyone, that’s what a criminal process is for

Reactions: 14
Why Hollie's friends and family allowed her to communicate with those lunatics on Facebook all day every day is beyond me. The child is obviously dead, everyone can see that, however obviously Hollie is going through stage 10 denial and is teetering on the edge of a massive mental breakdown when this is all over. Losing a child creates enough mental trauma as it is. Now imagine your child dies, their corpse gets taken to hospital and is hooked up to machines to essentially keep them warm and 'alive' looking while a bunch of irresponsible religous nutbags leave comment after comment on your Facebook about how your child is still alive and the evil doctors tending to their internally rotting corpse are lying to you. These people online cant actually believe that Archie is going to suddenly jump up out of bed one day like grandpa Joe. They just want a space to flaunt how much of a Christian they are and how much they believe in 'the power of the lord.' I cant believe she was able to sit and broadcast her sons dead body on Facebook multiple times a day without her account being suspended. I dread seeing the fallout when he is taken off life support and the real grief sets in. Obviously medical advancement is a wonderful thing, but when it allows people to sit in a sort of death purgatory and cause so much anguish, you have to ask yourself when trying to cheat death becomes immoral for those unwillingly subjected to futile medical treatment.
I don’t disagree but I really struggle to see how someone would tell her that Archie is dead and she needs to let go without it causing a massive argument or ruining the relationship in general

I imagine some of the family talk about it in private but… yeah it’s just a very hard thing to approach, especially now that it’s gone on for so long

Reactions: 5
I remember seeing Alfie’s dad reading a statement just before the end and you realised he was barely more than a boy himself. Both them and Charlie Gards parents were very young to be navigating all that with the added worry about genetics and what it meant for the future. It was the Armies that I had no truck with.
Both Charlie's and Alfie's parents went through this exact tearing apart of their character as Archie's mum is . I followed both of those cases and the discussions on digital spy , not really followed Archie, only this thread. But the situations are very different. Hollie isn't facing up to the truth Archie hung himself be it by accident, game or what, it does not mater, machine or not he isn't coming back I hope the army leaves her to grieve in peace

• Sad
I don’t disagree but I really struggle to see how someone would tell her that Archie is dead and she needs to let go without it causing a massive argument or ruining the relationship in general

I imagine some of the family talk about it in private but… yeah it’s just a very hard thing to approach, especially now that it’s gone on for so long
Yeah, it would be very difficult to sit down and try and reason with her if she was a loved one. I just find it highly disturbing how she is able to post photo after photo of her sons emaciated corpse with seemingly no one caring about his dignity. It just seems like she spends 24/7 viewing such harmful comments and messages on Facebook as well, which is why I think her family/friends need to intervene and at least try and stop the constant interactions with the lunatics online. Obviously that's a lot harder said than done, though. However, taking the easy route until now has lead to what is going to be such a bad mental breakdown for Hollie when Archie is finally taken off life support and then, in her eyes, actually has no chance of coming back from the dead.

Reactions: 10
Been following for a few days but just couldn't bring myself to comment. It's just awful. That poor boy.

Had a nosy at the Facebook page and saw someone recommending she go to Boots and buy Peadasure shakes. For the love of God.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Eugh the armies thing needs to be banned. I hate this describing Archie as a fighter it's not a fight. Archie sadly sustained a catastrophic hypoxic brain injury the boy he was has already gone. He's already died!! Letting his body peacefully go doesn't mean giving up a fight, it means giving him dignity and respect.
I agree so much. I hate that term ‘fighter’, when my mum was dying people would regularly trot out the phrase “she’ll be ok, she’s a fighter” it’s an absolutely thoughtless cliche. She wasn’t a fighter, she was utterly terrified and broken and knew she had no chance of survival. My friend (aged only 39) who had cancer was the opposite- completely positive and determined the whole way, despite all the pain- he still died .. because his cancer was incurable.
Life can be hideously unfair but sometimes there is nothing anyone can do to make things better.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.