The Archie Battersbee case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gallows humour, there's enough nurses on here that I won't be completely lambasted. The best thing about this thread is the participation of a member named @Lazarus .

It keeps making me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
294072795_3610573982502440_3818691254057711636_n.jpg

Clearly not one word of that Judgement was taken in today. She really needs to be very careful what she's posting on social media. This is a High Court Judge.........

Reactions: 35
I love how Hollie had never heard of a children's nutrition shake widely available and known to parents, yet knows more than a High Court Judge.

Reactions: 32
That judgement was so compassionately written. It was clear that the judge had spent a lot of time getting to know Archie's history. He could surely have made the report a lot more technical and wordy, but instead he gave a heart-rending account of Archie's life - both pre and post incident - which was relatively straightforward for anyone to understand.

I'm betting Hollie hasn't even bothered to read it.

Reactions: 40
I wouldn’t be able to cope should this ever happen to me and my family. However, after reading the judge’s statement just I’m heartbroken, I wouldn’t be able to function. So beautiful yet so sad. Rest in peace beautiful boy

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That judgement was so compassionately written. It was clear that the judge had spent a lot of time getting to know Archie's history. He could surely have made the report a lot more technical and wordy, but instead he gave a heart-rending account of Archie's life - both pre and post incident - which was relatively straightforward for anyone to understand.

I'm betting Hollie hasn't even bothered to read it.
I think even if she has read it she wouldn't be able to understand the language used given her level of literacy skills she has shown

Reactions: 18
A lot of accusations from the army that the Judge is a child killer.

These are the same people who think Covid is a conspiracy and that the Government monitor you through 5G. I recall Archie’s tik tok has conspiracy stuff on it that he picked up from his mum.

Reactions: 28
I believe Hollie has submerged herself in this Army to avoid the dark reality that her twelve year old son has killed himself. It’s something to concentrate on, something to distract her from what it all really means. It screams denial so loudly that I’d be inclined to feel sorry for her if she didn’t try to drag down the doctors and nurses who have cared for her dead son for over 4 months.

Cases like this shouldn’t be determined and appealed by those who scream the loudest. And that’s all she’s doing. Screaming. She’s blaming everyone but herself for what has happened. She’s appropriating blame from the moment they carted him off in the ambulance instead of looking at why he did what he did. It’s like his obvious suicide attempt has been brushed under the rug and things only started to go wrong once he was in ‘their’ care.

She needs to disappear and grieve privately. I’m flabbergasted that the Army can read the court transcript and continue to support her fantasies of him waking and eating chocolate cake. And I hope some new law is passed that stops parents from continuing medically pointless treatment. This is becoming a worrying trend.

Reactions: 41
In the BBC interview she mentions that he has never liked his right side from the start. I thought this was a new thing given the posts I've seen but eh

Is it just being moved that's making it look like he doesn't like that side or is it something else?

Quick edit - tbf to her she could have just made a mistake during the interview and didn't know how to fix it without it being awkward as she does seem to pause after saying that he's never liked that side

Reactions: 4
Possibly because one of his lungs is worse than the other. The judgement mentioned necrotic fluid in his lungs.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I no hate is a strong word but I absolutely hate this woman with a passion blames everyone but herself for what has happened to her son she's so disrespectful to the people who have looking after archie yet still wants him to receive the treatment from them she is.now slagging the judge off left right and centre she's just pathetic get of social media stop doing TV interviews and spend the last days hugging and kissing and holding your beautiful boys hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I no hate is a strong word but I absolutely hate this woman with a passion blames everyone but herself for what has happened to her son she's so disrespectful to the people who have looking after archie yet still wants him to receive the treatment from them she is.now slagging the judge off left right and centre she's just pathetic get of social media stop doing TV interviews and spend the last days hugging and kissing and holding your beautiful boys hand.
Deflect, deflect, deflect. My job involves helping people from low socio-economic backgrounds, like Hollie and the majority of the "army". Nothing is ever their fault. It's always the school's fault, the teacher's fault, the doctor's fault, the council's fault, the police's fault, the social worker's fault, the school nurse's fault, the government's fault. They refuse to take any responsibility for their actions, and lash out at anyone who offers constructive advice. It's no coincidence that most of these cases seem to involve people from that kind of background.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
If Archie was one of my patients I'd make sure Id booked up a lot of annual leave and try to avoid his mother. You just know she treats the staff like tit I hope the staff receive counselling as I can't imagine being expected to turn, wash , give injections and feeds to a corpse. It's bloody barbaric.

Reactions: 29
I'm not a healthcare worker and so have no experience of this so please forgive this question - if, as all the literature seems to show, Archie isn't absorbing nutrition etc, does that mean at some point his body will start to decay? :(

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.