The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the press know that it wasn't a "prank" that Archie was doing. He was taking his own life after being depressed for more than a year and not receiving support and had tried everything he could to get that support and I am sure they know that but they are being careful with what they say. By saying it is "a prank gone wrong" it erases the pain he was really going through in my opinion. Children do end their own lives intentionally, a close friend of mine being one of them, she died at age 12 just like Archie. I even had someone say to me when I was a kid "Are you sure it was suicide? she was very young?" to which I replied "Yes, I am very sure" they couldn't believe that a child would end their own lives. That is why we need more awareness, Archie's story could have been used to help other children learn about Mental Health and maybe even talks and workshops for parents where they can learn how to support their child . That would help so many children and families.
I am so glad I've found this thread. This is exactly my opinion. I don't for a second believe this was a TikTok trend - if he had swallowed cinnamon and choked to death, ok, or if he had sniffed some chemical and had a reaction even. I think too many don't want to accept that at 12, you know full well what he did is potentially lethal.

Reactions: 10
I am so glad I've found this thread. This is exactly my opinion. I don't for a second believe this was a TikTok trend - if he had swallowed cinnamon and choked to death, ok, or if he had sniffed some chemical and had a reaction even. I think too many don't want to accept that at 12, you know full well what he did is potentially lethal.
There are no winners.

Archie's organs could be alive in a dozen children - this would give me some comfort if my child had died in similar circumstances.

Archie's legacy could have been Hollie campaigning for better mental health care for children and better suicide prevention.

Instead she turned his demise into a media circus spewing hate and bile to those tasked to keep his corpse in suspended animation with her 'army' harassing medical professionals and his grave turned into a Poundland tat shrine.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Combative is the word.

A massive section of the white working class/underclass are like this (my family background is very white working class btw). That’s why Hollie managed to get such a big following, as did the parents of Alfie Evans, Charlie Gard etc. The whole point being projecting your anger and feelings of inadequacy at authority figures that you hate, without really knowing why.
"Them doctors don't know what they're talkin about, just cos they've gone to uni-versity they fink they know it all but they're not his muvva, they don't know everyfink".

Holly strikes me as basing her whole personality on her children. "I might not be clever, I might not have the best job but I'm a bloody good Mum, I'd do anything for my kids, I graft for my kids to give them the world, I'd die for my kids, I'll never be like my parents were". She could never admit that she may not have been the absolute best, she missed a trick with Archie, because it means she's failed at the only thing she had going for her.

Reactions: 17
There are no winners.

Archie's organs could be alive in a dozen children - this would give me some comfort if my child had died in similar circumstances.

Archie's legacy could have been Hollie campaigning for better mental health care for children and better suicide prevention.

Instead she turned his demise into a media circus spewing hate and bile to those tasked to keep his corpse in suspended animation with her 'army' harassing medical professionals and his grave turned into a Poundland tat shrine.
I'd never forgive those cunts. Other Patients and NHS staff suffered because of them. At one point , an emergency ambulance bringing someone ill in took nearly 40 minutes to make the final turn into the A&E because of them, blocking, shouting and jeering.
Utter bleeping cunts.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
She has posted a full video of the grave.

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Who is she trying to impress and what is she trying to prove?

She failed Archie and a showy display of tat on her poor son's grave can't conceal that basic fact.

Reactions: 14
Imagine walking into a graveyard to spend quiet time by the graveside of a family member or friend and being greeted with that mess. 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think the biggest problem is that she has, and always will, infantilise him. She wanted a permanent happy, smiling five year old. She could never accept that her son was growing up and I think that's how she failed him, in terms of his mental health.

But rather than learn from it she's now infantilising his grave too. Can she hand on heart say that 12 year old Archie would want these flashing lights, candy canes and snowmen? At 12 most kids don't even believe in Santa. While I didn't ever know Archie, I do know who my daughter was at that age. She wanted to look cool, not cute - she would have been utterly mortified at this being her memory.

It's sad enough when you see mums try and baby their kids like this, to the point where it stunts their development (I know a mum who, despite her child being in Year 2, keeps him in onesies and he still uses a buggy and dummy) - but let this poor child rest in peace, with any tributes to him actually representing HIM and not what Hollie wanted him to be.

Reactions: 18
I think the biggest problem is that she has, and always will, infantilise him. She wanted a permanent happy, smiling five year old. She could never accept that her son was growing up and I think that's how she failed him, in terms of his mental health.

But rather than learn from it she's now infantilising his grave too. Can she hand on heart say that 12 year old Archie would want these flashing lights, candy canes and snowmen? At 12 most kids don't even believe in Santa. While I didn't ever know Archie, I do know who my daughter was at that age. She wanted to look cool, not cute - she would have been utterly mortified at this being her memory.

It's sad enough when you see mums try and baby their kids like this, to the point where it stunts their development (I know a mum who, despite her child being in Year 2, keeps him in onesies and he still uses a buggy and dummy) - but let this poor child rest in peace, with any tributes to him actually representing HIM and not what Hollie wanted him to be.
That's all so very true.

I also find it incredibly sad that she obviously didn't pay him a fraction of this attention when he was alive.

Reactions: 7
That's all so very true.

I also find it incredibly sad that she obviously didn't pay him a fraction of this attention when he was alive.
She's also got two children who, despite being (very young) adults, are now no more than a side thought. I know they've been actively part of 'Archie's Army', but I wonder how much of that is just because it's the only way to have a relationship with their mother at all.

Reactions: 2
Today is when they are meant to be back for their next bail appearance thing.

Reactions: 8
She has posted a full video of the grave.
View attachment 2644581
Looks bleeping ludicrous.
Cheap, tit and no decorum whatsoever. What a bleeping insult to adjoining plots.

What bleeping rubbish these people are. That boy had no chance.

Can you imagine her & other " fairmilee's" reaction if he had told them he was gay or something? That's probably what he was in desolation about - would have had ridicule & no support whatsoever .

She's the sort that would have got him a hooker, to try and convert him. She was already bigging him up with the fighting, etc

No. The boy didn't have a hope in hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is single handed keeping Poundland in business by buying copious quantities of tat. I will be visiting to pay my respects to my loved ones graves at Sutton Road Cemetery this weekend but I will leave flowers not a mountain of tat. I have no desire out of morbid curiosity to visit Archie's Poundland showroom and have nothing but sympathy for those who find their loved ones buried next to this monstrosity.

• Heart
She is single handed keeping Poundland in business by buying copious quantities of tat. I will be visiting to pay my respects to my loved ones graves at Sutton Road Cemetery this weekend but I will leave flowers not a mountain of tat. I have no desire out of morbid curiosity to visit Archie's Poundland showroom and have nothing but sympathy for those who find their loved ones buried next to this monstrosity.
Ah go on. Stop by and see if she's set up a little ticket booth.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah go on. Stop by and see if she's set up a little ticket booth.
His grave reminds me of the roadside shrines that pop up now and again where some kid wraps their car around a tree killing themselves and their friends while speeding and high on drugs and drunk and their friends and relatives create an Archie style tat mound at the site.

Reactions: 17
Looks bleeping ludicrous.
Cheap, tit and no decorum whatsoever. What a bleeping insult to adjoining plots.

What bleeping rubbish these people are. That boy had no chance.

Can you imagine her & other " fairmilee's" reaction if he had told them he was gay or something? That's probably what he was in desolation about - would have had ridicule & no support whatsoever .

She's the sort that would have got him a hooker, to try and convert him. She was already bigging him up with the fighting, etc

No. The boy didn't have a hope in hell.
Not to mention the amount of times she would say he had a "girlfriend" or liked a girl when he was a young child. In one of the posts he was only 2 years old. She wanted him to be the person she wanted him to be, not an individual as children are. Also, he had Gymnastics twice a week and MMA 3 times a week and on top of that he had 6 hours of school Monday to Friday , it looks like he never really got a proper rest from all the clubs she put him in.