The Archie Battersbee case #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is his grave now heres a long video of it:

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
The grave is everything I despise about performative grief.

Poor kid. His mother's priorities have been off from day one.

I know Hollie was going on about spending Xmas day with Archie's grave, and that she spent time every day with his grave - how was that possible if she was at conference in Italy?

Reactions: 23
I don't know what to say. I've never seen anything like it!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I know Hollie was going on about spending Xmas day with Archie's grave, and that she spent time every day with his grave - how was that possible if she was at conference in Italy?
Because she is an out and out liar. Not one of her Army has seen this, or choose to ignore it.

Archie's grave is probably the most disrespectful monument to a dead person I have ever seen. And will ever see.

At least Poundshops all over Southend are doing well out of it.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This is what is going to happen in the future. At some point the Council will ask Holly to remove all this tat. The ground is settling and will need to be topped up with soil and the seeded with grass seed to create a lawn. This is a link to an article in the Southend Evening Echo where a family was told to remove everything not on the concrete plinth.

And this is a photo of a lawn grave before tat is removed. Every year grieving families raise petitions and run to the press bemoaning the wicked Council. The same will happen with Holly/Lisa probably in a year or so time.

This is a link showing how the lawn graves look:-

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So you buy a plot at the cemetery, and ignore the rules regarding what you can place on the plot, and what headstone you can have?

And what is all this tat for? Impressing the neighbours?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So you buy a plot at the cemetery, and ignore the rules regarding what you can place on the plot, and what headstone you can have?

And what is all this tat for? Impressing the neighbours?
About once a year they tell plot owners to clear everything.

It would depend where Archie has been laid to rest. If it is in the children's section then the cemetery staff won't touch any of the memorials and associated tat. They will just leave it.

So if he is in the 'lawn section' all that tat will eventually be removed. If he is in the children and babies section - they will leave it. Question is where has Archie been laid to rest? His grave should be easy to spot in the dark as it will be glowing and flashing like some visiting UFO.

https://www.leightimes.co.uk/articl...aves+next+year&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is she buying fresh flower letters to put on there? At first I thought the 'Brother' one was just the base, but the 'Son' one at the foot is brand new.

Guess we know where the money is going then!
In death Archie has achieved what he never had in life, the full attention of his Mother.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Is she buying fresh flower letters to put on there? At first I thought the 'Brother' one was just the base, but the 'Son' one at the foot is brand new.

Guess we know where the money is going then!
I saw someone had remade the flower displays for her, I think they are ribbon flowers?

Reactions: 3
Azaylia Cain’s grave is even worse than Archie’s. I think Hollie does it for show but I think in some cases there must be some sort of mental health issue attached to it like hoarding but linked to the grief. I don’t think it’s healthy at all.

Reactions: 15
This is what is going to happen in the future. At some point the Council will ask Holly to remove all this tat. The ground is settling and will need to be topped up with soil and the seeded with grass seed to create a lawn. This is a link to an article in the Southend Evening Echo where a family was told to remove everything not on the concrete plinth.

And this is a photo of a lawn grave before tat is removed. Every year grieving families raise petitions and run to the press bemoaning the wicked Council. The same will happen with Holly/Lisa probably in a year or so time.

This is a link showing how the lawn graves look:-

Maybe I'm speaking out if turn as I've never lost a child, before or after birth. But surely dragging your living kids to the grave of a kid who died 5 years ago or whatever is just weird?

I know everyone deals with grief differently, I'm not the sort of person to visit graves, or have interest in scattering ashes etc, maybe it would be different if I was a bereaved parent. I don't want to sound uncaring, but surely they realise their kid isn't alive, doesn't know if they visit where they are buried? Don't know about all the tat on the grave etc. Surely moving on in life is healthier than dwelling on death?

Reactions: 4
Maybe I'm speaking out if turn as I've never lost a child, before or after birth. But surely dragging your living kids to the grave of a kid who died 5 years ago or whatever is just weird?

I know everyone deals with grief differently, I'm not the sort of person to visit graves, or have interest in scattering ashes etc, maybe it would be different if I was a bereaved parent. I don't want to sound uncaring, but surely they realise their kid isn't alive, doesn't know if they visit where they are buried? Don't know about all the tat on the grave etc. Surely moving on in life is healthier than dwelling on death?
I don’t think it’s weird for the children to go to the cemetery. I think it depends how often though and how consuming the grief is day to day. You don’t just move on when your child dies but you try and find a way to live with the grief, even more so if there are other kids to consider. It stays with you though and I don’t think kids should be shielded from death and grief. It would be weirder and more harmful to them if the baby was never spoken about and the kids felt like they couldn’t mention it. The baby was also their sibling and they will also have their own emotions around that. But like everything there are healthy ways and unhealthy ways of dealing with things.

(I haven’t lost a child but someone very close to me had a young child die from cancer)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That all makes sense. You make the very important distinction between healthy ways of doing things and not. I never experienced grief as a kid, so it's something I struggle to put myself in that place, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 4
That`s just embarrassing,what on earth are they thinking of? (I know how those woodlice feel now when they curl into a ball and roll under a rock,somehow "cringe" isn`t a big enough word!).

Azaylia Cain’s grave is even worse than Archie’s. I think Hollie does it for show but I think in some cases there must be some sort of mental health issue attached to it like hoarding but linked to the grief. I don’t think it’s healthy at all.
I predict in the future the powers that be will come up with a name for the grave decoration thing: "Over adornment of graves by proxy",or,"Bad taste headstoneitis"!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.