The Apprentice UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only just found this thread. Came on to say how disappointed I was by the interviews - I thought they gave them all a pretty easy time.

In particular Lottie!

In general, I only just realised yesterday how young some of the contestants were - two 19 year olds and two 20 year olds. Whilst I know you can get the odd high-flying entrepreneurial spirit with amazing business acumen at a young age - it's incredibly rare - and completely ridiculous for the real purpose of what the show is supposed to be about. At 19/20 someone has barely finished full time education, in most cases not moved out and has very minimal work experience. How can someone like that present themselves with having the skills to run a business worthy of serious investment?

And yet they style themselves as leaders in their fields, high flying achievers. How many significant career achievements have most people made at 19/20?

I do love the Apprentice for the entertainment factor, but I do think it's become increasingly watered down over the years. I preferred it when the tasks had more substance and were a bit more realistic - like when they have to make something and sell to the public, rather than LS setting up contrived 'deals' with big businesses, and they're making big orders of things that in real life they would laugh out of the door.
I completely agree. I thought exactly the same when I first saw it. I thought they all looked really/too young! But then I wondered if it was because I’m getting older! However they certainly lack life and work experience. I want to see older candidates with much more knowledge and skills to bring!

Reactions: 6
What we can ascertain from watching Lottie on the ‘Final Five’

1. Not even her own mother gets on with her.
2. She has no friends.
3. She has no experience in any kind of real job apart from working in a school library.
4. A 17 year old can not possibly live alone at that age without having a substantial amount of money from the bank of mum and dad.
You would think someone had died how dramatic they made it. 1/3 of children under 16 today don't live with both parents.
Screenshot_20191214-133947_BBC iPlayer.jpg
Screenshot_20191214-134004_BBC iPlayer.jpg

Reactions: 4
I was disappointed with Pamela in the interviews. WTF was all that crying over missing her Mummy and needing to ask her opinion on everything. I think that's why she didn't make the final, she's clearly not emotionally mature to do it on her own.

Reactions: 10
The other problem with Pamela is that she totally lied about that eye thing. I remember buying those things around 20 years ago!! She’s not a very savvy business owner if she claims she didn’t know the competition. She could never have afforded the manufacturing and testing involved to bring that product to market. She just found the manufacturer on alibaba (I found one so there are surely way more) and they packaged it for her. Nothing wrong with that, but don’t claim you’re an innovator. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
The other problem with Pamela is that she totally lied about that eye thing. I remember buying those things around 20 years ago!! She’s not a very savvy business owner if she claims she didn’t know the competition. She could never have afforded the manufacturing and testing involved to bring that product to market. She just found the manufacturer on alibaba (I found one so there are surely way more) and they packaged it for her. Nothing wrong with that, but don’t claim you’re an innovator. :rolleyes:
This is exactly why I love the interviews so much. While I agree they weren't as harsh as usual ("You aren't even a fish") the way the interviewers caught them out was brilliant, visiting the coffee shop, ordering from the website. Exposes the bullshit brilliantly.

I love Lottie I find her hilarious because she is so obviously educated but her social skills are ridiculously poor. She’s a great watch 😂

Reactions: 2
I really hope all of the drama that has surrounded this season (it’s been all over Twitter since the 3rd episode) comes out once the show ends

Reactions: 5
What drama?
(I’m not on Twitter)
Most of them fell out with each other - but mainly Lottie. There’s been a lot of “the truth will come out soon” thrown around too from some of the candidates. Also, a lot of them have argued with LS on Twitter too which has never happened before (as far as I’m aware)

Reactions: 2
Not sure it’s been posted but has anyone seen Lotties insta? 😂 @Lottie.lion

Some definite self love hahah

Reactions: 1
I was crying with laughter at Lottie and the others acting getting into a car. Have they never got into a car before? Also, how big was the steering wheel. Lottie was so smug when she was like “watch me”, and was even worse at acting it out than them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thomas lived up to expectations ... What an absolute gent. And pissed myself laughing that Lottie was last to be picked. How cringy!

Reactions: 7
Just dared to open this thread as I always watch it late but I've caught up now! I live for the apprentice each year 😂

I don't think Lottie was serious about her business plan, I think she did a Katie Hopkins and only went on to make herself known.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.