The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anna even leave the post regarding racism and the unjust killing of black people up for 24 hours ? I found the effort to be quite lazy tbh. And also I find it very weird how fleeting her obsessions are -makes me think that it’s a bit insincere. And part of the reason people prefer her to Lily is because she’s very smart and calculated with the things she shows us and tells us. She is very filtered.
Of course not, she is very filtered, she is 'smart' and calculative in the way that she doesn't show her true self to prevent backslash like her work wife Lily. Have we heard of Anna speak up regarding any social issues? No.

Is good that people are trying to educate themselves but I hope they are not sharing for the sake of sharing or it is trendy now... After all these, I hope something can really be done, action > words, people who shares including myself should hold themselves accountable (I am mixed race, my mum is from far east). First of all, I wish to see diversity actually happening in Gleam, at the moment is Dulux Pure Brilliant White.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I totally agree. Even though lily pebbles isn’t my favourite person in the slightest and constantly moans, I find Anna to be quite sneaky and very much playing a character. Anna probs removed the post from her story To make way for sponsored Giorgio Armani post. Typical.

Reactions: 4
I find Anna's content really calming to watch. In a world of very vapid vloggers I do feel she has good values, encourages reading interesting books and cooking from scratch, discourages fast fashion. I think people who dislike her are the ones who find her too unrelatable. And those who just can't see past her brows (I must admit I'm kind of also in this camp:sick:)

On more thing, LOVE her openness about being hairy and being sweaty. Other women and girls can relate, I love it! Me too hun, me too
Haha discourage fast fashion, lol...she buys more clothes per season than most of our yearly clothes shopping.

I buy from fast fashion like HM, uniqlo, arket etc... do I have 30pound to spend on a T shirt, do I have 80 pound to spend on a Pj sets, do I have 200 pound to spend on a dress? yes and no - I am not willing to spend that kind of money (lol I rather spend it on food!) One argument that people like to put forward is that fast fashion are not long lasting and it goes out of trend very quickly, well I take care of my clothes and buy the size that suits my body. (I also don’t wear expensive clothes for gardening haha, cc fashion mumblr) I also don’t buy very trendy clothes because it will go out of fashion very soon. How many of us can really spend that kind of money on ethical brands when everything cost a fortune. Is different for them, when they can business expense and get most of their shopping cover through AD PR gift

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ah yes
Relatable Anna who can’t isn’t sure if she bought a 400 quid led face mask Or if it was sent to her
Relatable Anna who gets sent all this lovely Pr from brands when the rest of us have to buy all these things
Oh but she talks a lot about how hairy and sweaty she is ... I can relate to that part so much (sarcasm btw )

• Haha
I don’t get why she was thanking mark for taking photos of her, that’s his job right? She pays him to do that.... obviously it’s nice to say thanks but the way she said it made it out like he was doing her a favour

Reactions: 1
Haha discourage fast fashion, lol...she buys more clothes per season than most of our yearly clothes shopping.

I buy from fast fashion like HM, uniqlo, arket etc... do I have 30pound to spend on a T shirt, do I have 80 pound to spend on a Pj sets, do I have 200 pound to spend on a dress? yes and no - I am not willing to spend that kind of money (lol I rather spend it on food!) One argument that people like to put forward is that fast fashion are not long lasting and it goes out of trend very quickly, well I take care of my clothes and buy the size that suits my body. (I also don’t wear expensive clothes for gardening haha, cc fashion mumblr) I also don’t buy very trendy clothes because it will go out of fashion very soon. How many of us can really spend that kind of money on ethical brands when everything cost a fortune. Is different for them, when they can business expense and get most of their shopping cover through AD PR gift
This is a good point that I think sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. Not everyone can afford to spend $200 on Re/Done jeans (although a local second hand store has a pair on their website for $40) and shopping at fast fashion retailers is the most realistic and financially responsible option. I personally have a hard time shopping vintage and second hand because I'm not straight sized. I think there's a difference between people who buy from a FF retailer because they need something and do try to find quality, timeless pieces. But, influencers and those who try to emulate them fall into the other category: buying for no discernible reason other than wanting the latest trend with no intention of re-wearing. These are the same people that encourage buying a $1 bikini (nothing made by humans should cost a dollar). Unfortunately, the endless hauls and affliate links and coupon codes encourage the constant want for newness, regardless of need or if it came from a FF brand or a more sustainable one.

Reactions: 9
I totally agree. Even though lily pebbles isn’t my favourite person in the slightest and constantly moans, I find Anna to be quite sneaky and very much playing a character. Anna probs removed the post from her story To make way for sponsored Giorgio Armani post. Typical.
I’ve said this in the thread earlier on... there’s something sneaky about her!!

Reactions: 2
did anyone watch her live with lily on saturday? apparently she was going to be sharing some news, can anyone enlighten on me on what that news was please?

It’s a podcast - basically recording what they do in their ig live on a Saturday. You can monetise podcasts and not ig lives 🙃

It’s a podcast - basically recording what they do in their ig live on a Saturday. You can monetise podcasts and not ig lives 🙃
Lily must be breathing a sigh of relief as her career is hanging by a thread and Anna is dragging her along

• Haha
I think Anna has the addiction of splurging money on expensive or rather overpriced things, just a few weeks ago she spent 200-300 pounds on a print; and a 450 dress just yesterday. Perhaps she associates expensive =good=quality ? Who is her target market now, who has the money to splurge on a 200 jeans/ 250 dress/ 200 prints ?

I think Anna has the addiction of splurging money on expensive or rather overpriced things, just a few weeks ago she spent 200-300 pounds on a print; and a 450 dress just yesterday. Perhaps she associates expensive =good=quality ? Who is her target market now, who has the money to splurge on a 200 jeans/ 250 dress/ 200 prints ?
The purchasing of the dress was pure tokenism so that she could say ‘look everyone I’m supporting black women in business!’
It was completely tone deaf, not only towards BLM, but also in the midst of covid 19 where people are losing their jobs and struggling and she’s buying a £450 dress on a whim...nobody is buying that she’s been lusting after it for ages when she wasn’t and still isn’t following their Instagram account!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The purchasing of the dress was pure tokenism so that she could say ‘look everyone I’m supporting black women in business!’
It was completely tone deaf, not only towards BLM, but also in the midst of covid 19 where people are losing their jobs and struggling and she’s buying a £450 dress on a whim...nobody is buying that she’s been lusting after it for ages when she wasn’t and still isn’t following their Instagram account!
If I am honest, although it is cofounder by Camille, I am sorry to say that the image and the brand is aiming for a particular ethnicity. If you have a scroll through of their insta page, 90% of it are made up of white models. So really, is she supporting or merely splurging/shopping for a dress that happened to be co founded by a black woman? I am not saying minorities should sell and aim only to minorities but the whole aesthetic itself is aiming at people like Anna :/ just my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It was a box ticking exercise. Completely off the mark. She’d have been better donating the £450 to BLM

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.