The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She spends so much money on clothes. I completely get buying a few investment pieces that you know that you will keep and use for years, but a frivolous purchase of £450 on a dress?! Also, is it the dress that she pictured in her Insta story? If so, that’s a very fancy dress... exactly where is she planning on wearing that any time soon? And I thought that she didn’t even like dresses?

I just can’t fathom spending the equivalent of a month’s rent on one dress, and an art print. That’s ridiculous! Maybe she and Mark could have bought a house by now if she didn’t have such a spending habit?

Reactions: 4
it's mad, i deliberate over spending a £30 top, i keep it saved and keep going back and fourth! mad that she can just drop that amount just like that, influencers really do get paid silly, silly money.

Reactions: 13
it's mad, i deliberate over spending a £30 top, i keep it saved and keep going back and fourth! mad that she can just drop that amount just like that, influencers really do get paid silly, silly money.
Same, I have to fish for discount code. If I can send 10% I will

Reactions: 5
I sent her a message about her tokenism and it taking a viral video of a Black man’s murder to buy a dress she’d been “lusting over” and to support a Black-owned business. No response.

I didn’t even notice the fact that the brand’s IG aesthetic was so white. Some of the Black-owned brand criticism that I’ve seen is there’s room for opportunism, so it’s important to research the brand. If they’ve never spoken out about diversity, supported campaigns/orgs advocating for BIPOC lives or shown BIPOC on their page, then are they worthy of your hard earned money?

• Heart
I bloody well hope she did, if she wants to support black-owned businesses, especially during a global pandemic.

Reactions: 2
I personally loved Anna and her content, blog is a gentle read, good photos, videos are nicely edited and not too long and I do feel like she is consistent with what she puts out. The problem is it’s become consistently dull in terms of what the content is. Unsubbed for now because my eye sockets can’t take any more eye rolls at big ticket tracksuits and masks. Preying there’s a new house/baby this year to spice up her life and draw me back in!

Reactions: 6
She is totally unrelatable to her viewers. I doubt even 5% could afford to buy what she does? Who is she making content for?

She is nice and inoffensive and all that but she's bad at her job, she's a content creator but her content is tone deaf, boring and repetitive. Lockdown has shown how dull and unimaginative she is.

Reactions: 8
I had my first child at 28 and had been married for 5 years, I was very aware that it wasn’t a modern thing to do and I fretted that I hadn’t lived. Talking about Anna makes me think back to that time between getting married and being pregnant and I was similar to Anna (a bit sensible and boring) and it meant mine and my husbands life had become very repetitive and we were spending money we didn’t have out of boredom, but no doubt she had lots of travel plans that she’s had to cancel which would have added some interest to her life

Reactions: 3
I bet that she'll be like "oh yeah we loooooove to IGTV so we will drop the podcast" and blame it on the fans, them complaining or something stupid.

Bet she is kicking herself from next week you can make money from IGTV uploads with ads!! All that extra work poor Anna is going to have editing the podcast for Lily to take half the cut
I wonder if they will end up cross posting it to both platforms

Reactions: 6
She’s posting about the literature she’s been reading on Instagram again this morning. To be fair to her, I do believe that she’s actually reading these books, unlike Lily.

However, something which has always been funny to me, as someone whose subscription box is mostly the UK booktubers, is when she goes on about how she reads soooo much. Like her blog posts on how to read more, and her annual reading wrap-up, like, “My target was 30, I actually read a few more, I’ll link my blog post on how I get so much reading done!”

30 books... is not a lot of books in a year. It’s less than one a week. I don’t get how she thinks that‘s impressive?

• Haha
She’s posting about the literature she’s been reading on Instagram again this morning. To be fair to her, I do believe that she’s actually reading these books, unlike Lily.

However, something which has always been funny to me, as someone whose subscription box is mostly the UK booktubers, is when she goes on about how she reads soooo much. Like her blog posts on how to read more, and her annual reading wrap-up, like, “My target was 30, I actually read a few more, I’ll link my blog post on how I get so much reading done!”

30 books... is not a lot of books in a year. It’s less than one a week. I don’t get how she thinks that‘s impressive?
exactly, she doesn't have kids and doesn't have pet, mark do help out from time to time. 30 is not a lot

Reactions: 1
Her book club is poorly run too, it has so much more potential, I’ve been thinking about her work ethic for awhile and yes she consistently churns out two videos a week etc but she is only successful because she joined YouTube at the right time, she honestly takes things to the extreme and continued to flog them, i.e. the capsule wardrobe (which isn’t)

I feel the same way as you.

She also doesn’t really have any hobbies that take up a ton of time (rearranging a capshul wardrobe and copying Bon Appetit recipes do not count). Like Mark runs and cycles, so that’s a few hours a couple times a week. She doesn’t volunteer regularly. But yeah, okay, subject matter expert on reading a ton.

Oh, could you recommend some UK booktubers, please?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.