The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course my lovely!

Jen Campbell is my top favourite, extremely articulate and very inclusive in her reading. She’s also a writer as well (a proper one, i.e. She had published books before she was on YouTube) so I think that helps.

Jeanbookishthoughts is very funny and good for casual watching. She also explores lots of fantasy, niche romance genres, and queer lit as well.

The Farah Project, who is currently UK-based in London, though from outside the UK originally. Does fab, detailed book reviews, and also lets her viewers see day-in-the-life style stuff as well.

Lauren Wade, brilliant for reading vlogs, and she does her own mini series on Shakespeare plays which are very interesting to watch.

Booksandquills, again, is currently UK-based, though from outside the UK originally. She used to work in publishing, and is now freelance, and regularly interviews authors on her channel, which is so interesting to see. She also runs an Instagram account where she shows clothing styles inspired by classic literature! Love her, so relaxing to watch.

Sorry, I do realise that this is Anna’s thread! I just think the comparison is so interesting between those who make videos exclusively about books, and Anna who just kind of dips into it on her monthly favourites. All these women are a similar age to Anna, and have full-time jobs alongside their videos and reading, and they all read way more, and way more diversely, than Anna’s 30 books of the year, all of which seem to come from the Latest and Bestsellers sections of Waterstones.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Turns out Bon Appetit is racist. Hope Anna will stop sharing their content in videos and on Instagram - she’s probably questioning what else she can share now 😬 if she still continues sharing their content then we know she doesn’t give a tit about BLM and anti racism

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just had to google it and verify what was going on! Anna has put something on her insta stories and by something I literally means “sort it out”.

how is she not angered at this? How is she not vowing to cease her subscription and never watch a video until there have been major changes at BA? Oh yeh - because she has no other content for vlogs until the autumn cApShUl wardrobe re-jig.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just had to google it and verify what was going on! Anna has put something on her insta stories and by something I literally means “sort it out”.
Wait what, thats a pretty bad scandal!

I have heard of Bon Appetit not being so pleasant to work for in the beginning, after a while they let the chefs do what they wanted and it worked for YT. This might explain why Claire went freelance.

how is she not angered at this? How is she not vowing to cease her subscription and never watch a video until there have been major changes at BA? Oh yeh - because she has no other content for vlogs until the autumn cApShUl wardrobe re-jig.

Hope she isn’t wearing their sweatshirt round!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sort it out?!? This is the time you actively call brands like this out strongly! She says that like she’s still supporting them....
She says it like some wayward CEO who was just told they aren’t making their quarterly numbers and is insinuating the CFO cook the books.

Adam Rapoport has just announced he’s stepping down, I wonder if now she’ll condemn things?

Reactions: 2
Oh tit. What’s she gonna do now Bon Appetite is racist? Only paying white editors etc

that’s a quarter of her identity. The other three quarters are bronze eyeshadow, brows and simpering at Mork

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What about Reformation and Topshop. They are two of her favourites yet are horribly racist!! One repost of someone else's story is nothing. She needs to do a lot better.

Reactions: 7
On her Shop The Edit on her blog, she included a flip flop that cost 120 euros and sandals that cost 295 euros. I couldn't spot any black-owned brands sadly

She is really trying hard to market herself as an up-market influencer but deep down she is just peasant Anna - unless she can ditch her bestie Lily, she will forever be seen as the same old boring Anna that once upon a time shopped in Superdrug.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Of course my lovely!

Jen Campbell is my top favourite, extremely articulate and very inclusive in her reading. She’s also a writer as well (a proper one, i.e. She had published books before she was on YouTube) so I think that helps.

Jeanbookishthoughts is very funny and good for casual watching. She also explores lots of fantasy, niche romance genres, and queer lit as well.

The Farah Project, who is currently UK-based in London, though from outside the UK originally. Does fab, detailed book reviews, and also lets her viewers see day-in-the-life style stuff as well.

Lauren Wade, brilliant for reading vlogs, and she does her own mini series on Shakespeare plays which are very interesting to watch.

Booksandquills, again, is currently UK-based, though from outside the UK originally. She used to work in publishing, and is now freelance, and regularly interviews authors on her channel, which is so interesting to see. She also runs an Instagram account where she shows clothing styles inspired by classic literature! Love her, so relaxing to watch.

Sorry, I do realise that this is Anna’s thread! I just think the comparison is so interesting between those who make videos exclusively about books, and Anna who just kind of dips into it on her monthly favourites. All these women are a similar age to Anna, and have full-time jobs alongside their videos and reading, and they all read way more, and way more diversely, than Anna’s 30 books of the year, all of which seem to come from the Latest and Bestsellers sections of Waterstones.
I just created a Favourite Booktubers thread - they're largely UK based: https://tattle.life/threads/favourite-booktubers.6511/

30 books is not loads. I do the Goodreads challenge and am currently on 43 and I've had a slump during lockdown.

I haven't watched Anna for ages mainly because she's so repetitive. Her life never seems to move on ...
thank you both!

Nice she will finally shut up about the Bon Appetit channel like she’s the only one that knows about it.

Space NK is now under fire. Not surprised all these brands that have consistent relationships with the Gleambots are getting called out. This is a reckoning.

• Haha
Have you heard of brittany bathgate? oh my goodness her vlogs have been a saviour! so calming and soothing with zero pretentiouness, highly recommended if you haven't heard of her!
I also like her vlogs and presence online, just super scared she becomes like the others

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.