The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The capsule wardrobe thing is actually a great idea, however not in the terms she has been presenting. It is a pity she couldn’t uplift this concept.
I am curious abou the book: has anyone read it? Is it worth a read?

Reactions: 1
The capsule wardrobe thing is actually a great idea, however not in the terms she has been presenting. It is a pity she couldn’t uplift this concept.
I am curious abou the book: has anyone read it? Is it worth a read?
I read the book in February and she wrote like she talks, very difficult to get through for me, schmancy made an appearance too in it

I used to watch her channel but got bored. Like many have said here already, too repetitive. I'll sometimes pop on her video's to see what's new but it's been a while. Now with all of the talk about Marks shaved off beard, I need to go check it out, LOL!

Reactions: 3
Anna’s Bon Appetit obsession is so boring. She is so desperate to be a Molly Baz x Claire Saffitz hybrid and it’s just unoriginal and dull.

Also she talks out of one side of her mouth and it really irritates me

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have this love-hate relationship with Anna. Anna 's crazy obsessions about thing really wind me up, glossier, Bon Appetite, cookies and now Psycle...Anna babe, you haven't even visited their studio psychically, (they are very good though) can you please tone down a bit

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have this love-hate relationship with Anna. Anna 's crazy obsessions about thing really wind me up, glossier, Bon Appetite, cookies and now Psycle...Anna babe, you haven't even visited their studio psychically, (they are very good though) can you please tone down a bit
I find her harmless in general. She seems nice and she posted a picture last week of her in a dress and you could see she has psoriasis, and lots of people were asking what it was but she didn't make a big deal out of it, just said "yeah, it's psoriasis". Contrasted with Lily and her reaction when people asked about her tooth.

But sometimes she tries to act relatable when her lifestyle is so unattainable for most (who can spend 400 pounds on a shirt for their capsule wardrobe?). That's my only gripe really.

Reactions: 15
agreed, she's pretty inoffensive and seems nice, sometimes i do think wow you paid how much for THAT? so basic alot of the time haha

Reactions: 8
I find her harmless in general. She seems nice and she posted a picture last week of her in a dress and you could see she has psoriasis, and lots of people were asking what it was but she didn't make a big deal out of it, just said "yeah, it's psoriasis". Contrasted with Lily and her reaction when people asked about her tooth.

But sometimes she tries to act relatable when her lifestyle is so unattainable for most (who can spend 400 pounds on a shirt for their capsule wardrobe?). That's my only gripe really.
I know, is quite hard to dislike her tbh, is just the crazy obsessions that wind me up.

I think someone mentioned about her loungewear apparently it cost more than a hundred. I think for some influencers, they perhaps treat the income they make through AL as 'free money' - so they can easily and happily use the free money to splurge on rediculous items

Reactions: 5
I know, is quite hard to dislike her tbh, is just the crazy obsessions that wind me up.

I think someone mentioned about her loungewear apparently it cost more than a hundred. I think for some influencers, they perhaps treat the income they make through AL as 'free money' - so they can easily and happily use the free money to splurge on rediculous items
I agree! I think a lot of her obsessions are with really expensive things too. Isn't Psycle like £20 per class? And who is really dropping ££ on high end shirts and loungewear at the moment?

My issue with Anna is that she tries to come off as an expert on things that can be found with a simple Google search or someone else has already done it, usually better. I checked out her book from the library and paged through it. All of her advice is really common sense or easily searchable. I'm not going to go to some influencer for financial advice, I'll go to Suze Ormand. If I want help with a capsule wardrobe, I'll look for people who ACTUALLY have a capsule wardrobe. Her shtick definitely works for her though - she's basic, inoffensive, straight-sized, has a doting husband, reserved. I get the impression she likes what she does, as opposed to Lily who you can just tell is not in it anymore. I appreciate that her aesthetic is organized and she has a defined scope. She tries to be unconventional with her fashion and makeup choices, but then just kind of ends up looking like a try-hard. I kind of feel for her because now that she's done the book, what else is there to do? Her interior design is West Elm level basic, her sartorial choices are unoriginal and her recipes are all taken from Bon Appetit or someone else's cookbook. When she and Mark travel on their own dime she doesn't really talk about it aside from city guides that lean toward touristy. I do think she's going to try to publish a cookbook, but she doesn't create her own recipes so unless she puts in some work or has someone do it for her, I don't see it being successful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
West Elm Basic ❤.
I’m not going to lie I wish I had the money for my asthetic to be #westelmbasic I have a desk from there that cost me a small fortune 😂

So, I usually love her understated looks, but the linen shirt?’it looks like it’s been in a dark wash and the jeans/ vest underneath combo do nothing for her. I feel like she’s veered off track

Reactions: 4
I’m not going to lie I wish I had the money for my asthetic to be #westelmbasic I have a desk from there that cost me a small fortune 😂

So, I usually love her understated looks, but the linen shirt?’it looks like it’s been in a dark wash and the jeans/ vest underneath combo do nothing for her. I feel like she’s veered off track
She does not wear much that flatters her shape, she used to wear some figure hugging items and now it’s all over sized, which I get, but I feel like she just copies everyone else, I think she’s lost her sparkle a bit

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.