The Anna Edit #9 Praise be! Mark has planted his seed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m similar to a lot of you - started out watching Anna because she was relatively harmless and didn’t succumb to the vapid LEM/ITF bullshit.

But I find that as I’ve matured and gotten older, I’ve grown out of her and Lily. As I’ve gotten further in my career and realized what sorts of makeup and style I like - and have stuck with it - I don’t need their influence anymore. They haven’t grown past “influencer”. They seem to think that getting married, buying a house, having a baby is what maturity is, but they’re still stuck shilling what’s trending and being disposable spokespeople for brands. They haven’t progressed past that, even though so many of us have.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If she isn’t lying she’s repeating herself. She’s lied about the last 3 major life changes that are related to and affect her work - Mark being employed by her, buying a house, and getting pregnant. I understand wanting to keep those things private, but lying in the interim is just gross. Perhaps don’t mention it or don’t directly lie about it until you are ready to tell? Or here’s a thought: truly be an organization guru and plan your content in advance much, much better so that there’s no need to lie.

Lying also undermines her credibility as an “influencer” because she doesn’t seem very genuine to me anymore. She seems harmless but she’s just as nefarious with the covert consumerism as every other influencer, and she doesn’t respect her audience’s intelligence.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
If she isn’t lying she’s repeating herself. She’s lied about the last 3 major life changes that are related to and affect her work - Mark being employed by her, buying a house, and getting pregnant. I understand wanting to keep those things private, but lying in the interim is just gross. Perhaps don’t mention it or don’t directly lie about it until you are ready to tell? Or here’s a thought: truly be an organization guru and plan your content in advance much, much better so that there’s no need to lie.

Lying also undermines her credibility as an “influencer” because she doesn’t seem very genuine to me anymore. She seems harmless but she’s just as nefarious with the covert consumerism as every other influencer, and she doesn’t respect her audience’s intelligence.
THIS!

When she mentioned "all the lovely messages" she's receiving, I couldn't help but remember when she (or Mark?) deleted all the comments under her NAP video saying she was pregnant.

Also her saying that she's trying to rest and give herself a break... yeah, like you've done since you've been pregnant?

I swear I lost all the respect I had for her.

Reactions: 41
You know, I used to be a big fan of Anna - she seemed nice, relatable and I liked her style (Whistles-era). My husband and I also quite liked watching her travel vlogs for inspiration. But you know what, I think I'm fully out. I am sick to the back teeth of 'moment', 'over-sized', beige agogo, Mark, rust coloured eye-shadow, fake-relatability, constant giggling over nothing and now her pregnancy.
ETA: Oh and Hello Fresh, and those completely ridiculous, utterly nobbish, eyebrows.
Hahah! Someone finally mentioned the eyebrows! I hate them. They make my teeth itch. They just make me think of a troll or hag fancy dress costume. Petty I know. Just my opinion.

All this chat about her white lies and manipulation which is something most people who make money via social media seem to do, I see everyone’s point, but still. and all I want to say is that I just can’t stand her face 😂

Reactions: 18
God, she’s, like, annoying. *gigglegiggle* I had to switch off her vlog after repeatedly saying out loud how annoying it was. How many times have we heard about these stupid jeans now? Everything she says is a repetition, and then she phrases the same thing differently five times. “Like, the sun is good. We’re having a sun moment. Thank you sun, you’re looking so good. The sun is making my #ad so good. The sun is dealing us a good hand there. Like, it’s such a nice sun moment.” Gah!
I notice that more and more people seem to be doing this and it drives me crazy. Is it so their videos are longer? is this really how they talk?! so many questions.

Reactions: 8
another ad break. again. at this rate she should give us a heads up before she shares something unsponsored

her "no income" remark is crap, she's definitely not going to stop with the swipe-up frenzy, if anything, I definitely expect more of it under the guise of mommy+baby tips and tricks, or does she thinks her followers are that dumb? (I'm kinda reluctant to make an opinion bc some comments under her insta posts are, well, supporting the positive answer😶)

Screenshot_20210425-190710_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-190719_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm pretty sure, but correct me if I'm wrong, if you're self-employed and have paid National Insurance Contributions for a certain period before your qualifying week of pregnancy (15 weeks pre-due date) you are entitled to a full Maternity Allowance which is the same as SMP at the £150 a week rate (you just don't get the 6 weeks of 90% salary that an employed person on SMP gets). Perhaps if you're earnings are over a certain threshold you can't get it, but if she is entitled to it then she would therefore not be on zero income.

Reactions: 22
To Anna £150 per week is no money. She probably gets more than that for a mention of a gift on Instagram

Reactions: 32
I'm pretty sure, but correct me if I'm wrong, if you're self-employed and have paid National Insurance Contributions for a certain period before your qualifying week of pregnancy (15 weeks pre-due date) you are entitled to a full Maternity Allowance which is the same as SMP at the £150 a week rate (you just don't get the 6 weeks of 90% salary that an employed person on SMP gets).
You are right, she will be entitled to maternity allowance plus the adsense money from all of her videos. That's steady passive income for her.

Is this a white lie? I wouldn't call it that. It's just a big fat lie. Anna is a liar and it's disgusting.

Reactions: 34
To Anna £150 per week is no money. She probably gets more than that for a mention of a gift on Instagram
Oh for sure, but us plebs have to get by on it! Once my 6 weeks at 90% runs out (I'll be going on mat leave in June) my income will halve, and we need every penny of our joint incomes to live. The only way to manage it is reduce my first born's nursery days from 4 to 1. Anyway enough whining, my point is I agree and she probably views £150 a week as equal to £0

Reactions: 23
The thing about Anna's lying is that she seems to think it's really funny, cute and clever. She really seems to delight in deception. It's a real turn off!

Reactions: 48
When she mentioned "all the lovely messages" she's receiving, I couldn't help but remember when she (or Mark?) deleted all the comments under her NAP video saying she was pregnant.
I mean, don’t kick me out of the thread 🙈, but I kind of get this one? Like if she wasn’t ready to talk about being pregnant and didn’t want to share any of that yet and there were a bunch of comments saying/speculating that she was pregnant I think I would delete them too? idk or remember the timing of that video so how early she was, and I’m sure there are better ways to go about it but people on here clocked/started saying she was pregnant fairly early just from her face and larger boobs so idk if deleting the comments makes it more obvious/suspicious (I personally never see comments until like a day later bc I’m in a different time zone and her videos have already been up for hours by the time I click and obviously wouldn’t know about deleted comments without coming on here and reading) but idk I guess I kinda get not wanting to leave them up for even more people to see and start speculating?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So, her lack of content and use of persistant repetitive videos (with low/medium quality) in the last few months was because she was pregnant as many of you thought + because of the windows...
I was going to give her slack if it was something bad or a horrible first trimester, but it turns out she was just lazy and found an excuse like zoe and the like. If Mark works for her now... why didn't he help during those "extremely" busy times? Relatable my a**

Reactions: 27
what about the reno' ?? that house still needs to get sorted !
I guess the baby-moment has overshadowed all the harmful mold, problems with the kitchen, gaps in the floors, and everything else that started to appear after they spent close to 1 mill. on that half-arsed house. To be fair, both Anna and Mark are half-arsed about work so I guess the house really fits them nicely.

I still stand for what I said on the previous thread, living in a house that has issues with the windows, heating, floors, the kitchen and mold is a bleeping stupid thing to do when your pregnant, why the duck would you risk anything when you have the money to rent somewhere while you get things sorted, or just move back in with Annas parents for a couple of months.

Reactions: 30
Thing is as well there are plenty of daily vloggers who managed daily vlogs while they had babies and did not take a maternity leave at all. If no income was going to be a huge issue for them (Which I don't believe it actually would be!) then clearly she can see that vlogs are very popular content and new baby vlogs weekly would be money, even if she hardly showed their child. Her content isn't super deep, meaningful or educational so she could completely capitalise on it if she actually needed the money, just by pushing out a few 'raw' vlogs. Mark could go back to work instead of working for her if finances was an issue.

It really really bugs me when influencers act as if people forget that they don't get a maternity leave because they're not employed, as if it'll duck them over finically when in reality it's a great deal more flexibility and income that the majority of people get when they're employed. I think they do it to look relatable when actually it makes them look out of touch.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
This is super petty of me. If you're going to do an advertisement for HF, ffs pick a meal that is more appetising.

That looks like my dog's vomit or his diarrhea

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How hard is it to prerecord some reno content or other baby related videos and push those out once per week during mat leave? And what is the point of Mark if he's not pressing upload on that stuff? I think she's just lying again and underselling her output to her audience so they have low expectations for that time. She is pretty untrustworthy overall.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The prospect of blanket pregnancy-related content - with increasingly frequent appearances from boring, seed-sowing, birdwatching, feckless Mark, for months on end - is like nails on a blackboard in my book. I’m genuinely happy for them with the pregnancy, and their excitement is evident, but (to me) the content is becoming even more boring and lazy than it’s been the last few months. ‘Here’s me in front of a mirror and by the way I’ll add a link down below’ every 10 seconds is just so blatantly lazy, ‘please fund my mat leaves’ tactics and seems so vacuous. Bit like the podcast.

And as if my irritation levels couldn’t get any higher, she used the phrase ‘going forward’ at least twice, IN A VLOG! And once it was in reference to watermelon segments. Jesus wept.

Reactions: 40

Totally this!!

She / they haven’t just been deleting pregnancy comments; they also deleted some very innocuous ones about desk placement from one of the vlogs!!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.