The Anna Edit #9 Praise be! Mark has planted his seed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, that pregnancy vlog. I cannot. I've never heard someone say pregnant so many times. I'm 3 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm 5 weeks and 5 days PREGNANT. I'm 6 weeks and 2 days PREGNANT!!!! I'M 7 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS PREGNANT.

I fully hate-watched and given my own personal circumstances, probably shouldn't have, but was feeling strong and also curious as to how she dealt with this topic and I can't believe what a load of drivel that was. She mentioned a few times she was worried about having a miscarriage, but never made any attempt to acknowledge those who may have suffered loss or difficulties conceiving. She says the stats are so high for miscarriage and then makes absolutely no effort to say sorry if you've been through that. I'm not saying there should be a trigger warning because it was my choice to watch a video clearly about pregnancy, but some kind of acknowledgement of other people's struggles would have been welcome. Same goes for the karma comment someone picked up on further up the thread, what a load of bullshit. It's hurtful and for someone with 500k followers, I feel more thought should be put into this. Is my expectation too high?

Also why was her voice so high pitched?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I’m sorry, but I can’t get over how cringe this photo is.
It puts me so off the product. And I cringe thinking about what led to this photo — what’s the point of it? Am I supposed to see that you have beautiful skin because of this product, but it does not evoke that feeling in me. In fact, it’s so cringe it’s distracting, especially with that open mouth situmoment.
It’s like she’s the one spying on the neighbors and got caught.
OMG YES THE OPEN MOUTH SITUATION, lol it must be one of the high fashion chic moment that she tries to emulate.

I have a massive de jevu moment looking at the pictures, I felt I have seen the same outfit, the same pose and the same products....

I LOVE ME A DE JEVU MOMENT ( I love me a quiz. ) she is so cringy :sick::sick::sick:

Reactions: 11
She said in a comment she recorded the videos on a wrong setting which made the pitch a bit higher. WHICH would be easily fixable in post-production but I doubt Maaak or her bother much given sloppy cuts, weird angles and the general uninspired-ness of her content. One thing that annoyed me about the latest video was that she wanted to show something on her phone but couldn't since she was using it to film herself, it would've been super easy to insert a screenshot in editing but again, too much work apparently....

Guys, that pregnancy vlog. I cannot. I've never heard someone say pregnant so many times. I'm 3 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm 5 weeks and 5 days PREGNANT. I'm 6 weeks and 2 days PREGNANT!!!! I'M 7 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS PREGNANT.

I fully hate-watched and given my own personal circumstances, probably shouldn't have, but was feeling strong and also curious as to how she dealt with this topic and I can't believe what a load of drivel that was. She mentioned a few times she was worried about having a miscarriage, but never made any attempt to acknowledge those who may have suffered loss or difficulties conceiving. She says the stats are so high for miscarriage and then makes absolutely no effort to say sorry if you've been through that. I'm not saying there should be a trigger warning because it was my choice to watch a video clearly about pregnancy, but some kind of acknowledgement of other people's struggles would have been welcome. Same goes for the karma comment someone picked up on further up the thread, what a load of bullshit. It's hurtful and for someone with 500k followers, I feel more thought should be put into this. Is my expectation too high?

• Wow
Reactions: 20

I am gonna be a total witch here- why should she acknowledge troubles of strangers on the internet all the time? The title was pretty obvious everyone triggered by the title shouldn’t watch, every regular follower knows she is pregnant by now, she wouldn’t even need to put it in the title. If someone by accident stumbles over a triggering video that just bad luck. The karma phrase was extremely crappy. But I don’t get why she shouldn’t say she was lucky to conceive in her first cycle. Good for her. It’s not that unusual. Just as needing more time or sadly having struggles is. People are so touchy. If someone really gets triggered that bad by YouTube videos of the likes of Anna, they need to take a step back.
Her videos are still SO boring and completely avoid of anything interesting. They are as beige as her style. At least she hasn’t claimed that bs to want to bring videos about the first trimester “as you don’t find much on yt about it”. I love revo and pregnancy/baby content but at this point I definitely consider to unsubscribe. Our Uber Virgo seems to have failed to come up with an organised and planned approach to how she will go on about her channel now. So many missed opportunities business wise. Let’s hope Abraham Fig might have the benefit of not showing up as a prop all the time and can actually enjoy a childhood off the internet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I am gonna be a total witch here- why should she acknowledge troubles of strangers on the internet all the time? The title was pretty obvious everyone triggered by the title shouldn’t watch, every regular follower knows she is pregnant by now, she wouldn’t even need to put it in the title. If someone by accident stumbles over a triggering video that just bad luck. The karma phrase was extremely crappy. But I don’t get why she shouldn’t say she was lucky to conceive in her first cycle. Good for her. It’s not that unusual. Just as needing more time or sadly having struggles is. People are so touchy. If someone really gets triggered that bad by YouTube videos of the likes of Anna, they need to take a step back.
Her videos are still SO boring and completely avoid of anything interesting. They are as beige as her style. At least she hasn’t claimed that bs to want to bring videos about the first trimester “as you don’t find much on yt about it”. I love revo and pregnancy/baby content but at this point I definitely consider to unsubscribe. Our Uber Virgo seems to have failed to come up with an organised and planned approach to how she will go on about her channel now. So many missed opportunities business wise. Let’s hope Abraham Fig might have the benefit of not showing up as a prop all the time and can actually enjoy a childhood off the internet.
I agree that Anna shouldn't have to apologise for being pregnant or not mention it or be happy but I do think she is particularly insufferable. The karma comment, the faux reluctance but then constant mentioning of it and just the air of smugness from her and Mark that other people have commented on. Plenty of people get pregnant and it features very heavily on their channel (of course!) without turning viewers off like this

I haven't been through what a lot of poeple on this thread have been I am just in a different place in my life and i've unfollowed as I don't think I can watch this for months so can't imagine what it's like for some others. Even Lily wasn't as bad as this (until her "life is pointless if you're not a mother" comment :mad: )

Reactions: 28
Look at it as an investment. One tube lasts me approximately three months. It’s £115 to buy, so that equates to about £38 monthly and just under a tenner per week. For me personally, that’s worth it, especially because I’ve cut down on my use of skincare products in the evening; using just a cleanser and this – it’s a one-stop shop.
:oops::oops::oops:
Some people's monthly skincare budget is £10.

Like @Shutterbug99 I spend a fair bit on mine but never anything that expensive.

Photos by Mark Newton
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He thinks he is a photographer

At least her nails are clean. Can you imagine if Lily did this ad? Dirt for days under her nails.
The bar is really that low, isn't it?

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I get investing in high quality where possible but that post is so tone deaf. Plenty of people in the last 14 months even have had to cut their cloth as the household income fell but bill’s still need to be paid

Reactions: 22
I agree that Anna shouldn't have to apologise for being pregnant or not mention it or be happy but I do think she is particularly insufferable. The karma comment, the faux reluctance but then constant mentioning of it and just the air of smugness from her and Mark that other people have commented on. Plenty of people get pregnant and it features very heavily on their channel (of course!) without turning viewers off like this

I haven't been through what a lot of poeple on this thread have been I am just in a different place in my life and i've unfollowed as I don't think I can watch this for months so can't imagine what it's like for some others. Even Lily wasn't as bad as this (until her "life is pointless if you're not a mother" comment :mad: )
I totally agree, nobody should have to apologise for being pregnant, it's an amazing and beautiful gift and it should be celebrated however the pregnant person wants, but I think that's different to then acknowledging on your public forum of 500k+ (counting YouTube and Instagram), many of whom will have faced various struggles related to this topic, that it is tit for some and for that you're sorry. She is trying to foster this whole girly friendship thing with her viewers what with her facebook group / podcast / using the Mizz and Sugar teen language etc, but you wouldn't talk to your friends the way she did in her pregnancy vlog. You'd say I'm worried about xyz, and it's so common and I'm thinking of you if you've experienced that (or something along those lines). It really doesn't take much effort.

But I am interested to hear other views on it, like I said in my prior post, maybe my expectation is too high. I'm not triggered by her video, I'm just frustrated how someone who views herself as a 'public figure' could have so little compassion and empathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I normally love pregnancy vlogs but my god, think I rolled my eyes every minute of that video 😂 Really showed how much time she has on her hands, can just picture her sitting in silence in an empty dark room all day waiting for a twinge so she could write it down in her bluddy book. First time pregnant I was working full time at a supermarket and second time I was looking after my crazy one year old 😂 didn’t have time to relax even when I was gagging every hour!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I totally agree, nobody should have to apologise for being pregnant, it's an amazing and beautiful gift and it should be celebrated however the pregnant person wants, but I think that's different to then acknowledging on your public forum of 500k+ (counting YouTube and Instagram), many of whom will have faced various struggles related to this topic, that it is tit for some and for that you're sorry. She is trying to foster this whole girly friendship thing with her viewers what with her facebook group / podcast / using the Mizz and Sugar teen language etc, but you wouldn't talk to your friends the way she did in her pregnancy vlog. You'd say I'm worried about xyz, and it's so common and I'm thinking of you if you've experienced that (or something along those lines). It really doesn't take much effort.

But I am interested to hear other views on it, like I said in my prior post, maybe my expectation is too high. I'm not triggered by her video, I'm just frustrated how someone who views herself as a 'public figure' could have so little compassion and empathy.
I think she’s trying to hedge her bets a bit and give the impression that it’s all still the same channel. That’s the thing that I think she doesn’t want to accept, that when you announce a pregnancy you’re probably going to lose a fair few followers because so much of your content isn’t going to be relevant to them any more. She’ll probably gain a few followers who are in a similar position, but she’s in that weird place where there’s probably quite a small pool of women who can now find her immediately relatable - I know a fair few pregnant professional women of a similar age, on fairly good wages, but most are managing their full-time jobs and pregnancy and really don‘t have £100 to drop on a single item of skincare, or even have an interest in doing that now. I’d hazard a guess that there really aren’t a lot of wealthy SAHM-types and even fewer who followed Anna much before.

Her old stuff was so bland that it was pretty relatable to quite a large group of people, but pregnancy’s such a big life change, and such a subject you need to be a little bit sensitive about when you’re a ‘public figure’, that she needs to accept that she’s going to have a different audience. Add to that a million-pound house and the kind of renovations that aren’t really that relatable (I’d guess they’ve spent not far off the average annual wage on the window refurbishment alone ...) and it just feels like she can’t really trade on the whole ‘girl next door’ image any more.

I would be surprised if Anna switched paths and tried to go the more luxury + high end route, a bit like ITF did.
Tbh I think she’s already there but keeps those types of things hidden, and why she’s kind of all of a sudden been like look at me! I have so much ££££ and £115 skincare it’s that expensive when you break it down.

It’s very tone deaf because when people don’t have money, breaking it down and spreading it across months does not actually solve the issue of not having the money up front to make the initial purchase. If I don’t have £115 pounds, I don’t have £115 to spread across months — that’s not how money works when you don’t have it. What she’s doing is justifying it for herself and to her followers.
Feck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
TheAnnaEdit-5194-Allies-of-skin.jpeg

If a photographer took a photo of me like this, I would fire him. Anna looks drab, lifeless, and as big as a house. That sounds like a bitchy thing to say about a pregnant woman, but it's due to bad lighting, bad angles, and poor choice/understanding of lenses. There's taking a picture and shooting a portrait, and Mark clearly doesn't know the difference.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Anna is at 498k subscribers again. This woman can't get over 500k even with a £1mil house and a pregnancy announcement 🤦‍♀️

You literally just replied to someone who experienced miscarriage and said people are too touchy. So you recognise that karma comment from Anna was extremely crappy, but don't see why this comment is crappy too? Anna was talking about worrying about having a miscarriage that's why she could have said something.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Her latest IG post about the cakes and swollen ankles - she’s only just into her second trimester.

It’s like she’s trying to fit in all of these pregnancy cliches. Talk about “tell me you’re pregnant without telling me you’re pregnant”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Her latest IG post about the cakes and swollen ankles - she’s only just into her second trimester.

It’s like she’s trying to fit in all of these pregnancy cliches. Talk about “tell me you’re pregnant without telling me you’re pregnant”
She's about 10 weeks into her 2nd trimester. She announced around her 21st week.

Reactions: 3
I have a massive de jevu moment looking at the pictures, I felt I have seen the same outfit, the same pose and the same products....

I LOVE ME A DE JEVU MOMENT ( I love me a quiz. ) she is so cringy :sick::sick::sick:
Not sure if this is some Anna related joke or not. If not, it's kinda cute and I'm sure everyone understood what you're trying to say. But it's déjà vu.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 568104

If a photographer took a photo of me like this, I would fire him. Anna looks drab, lifeless, and as big as a house. That sounds like a bitchy thing to say about a pregnant woman, but it's due to bad lighting, bad angles, and poor choice/understanding of lenses. There's taking a picture and shooting a portrait, and Mark clearly doesn't know the difference.
She reminds me of a pig in this picture - hear me out, I'm not being an evil troll! It's the unflattering angle and the mouth catching flies...kind of reminds of that film Penelope with Christina Ricci

• Haha
  • Wow
She reminds me of a pig in this picture - hear me out, I'm not being an evil troll! It's the unflattering angle and the mouth catching flies...kind of reminds of that film Penelope with Christina Ricci
Lmao! When it was mentioned here a week or two back that Anna's nose had gotten bigger I had a look at some pics and thought she looked a bit snouty. I was going to post a pic of Christina Ricci in that movie but I thought it might be a bit much (lol!) and also that nobody might get the reference.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.