The Anna Edit #4 a moment like this moment moment.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because they go straight from school/uni to YouTube, they think it's just normal life to take a two/three week break for Christmas (upside to 2020: 9-5er here has been able to take the entire bit between Christmas and New Year off because I've barely touched my annual leave this year)
This makes so much sense when you think about her obsession with ‘back to school’, gel pens and planners. Perpetual childhood.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Everyone with a real job I know got 2 weeks off for Christmas too. Some of the bank holidays plus annual leave to make it last.
What counts as a real job though? Everyone I know has to book time off at Christmas regardless of what job they’re in, do nurses and doctors not count? Do those who work in retail not count as having proper jobs?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You only needed to take 7 days AL to get the two weeks (21/12/2020 - 03/01/2021) off, with all of the bank holidays inbetween.

Reactions: 9
You only needed to take 7 days AL to get the two weeks (21/12/2020 - 03/01/2021) off, with all of the bank holidays inbetween.
It’s about the availability to get the time usually, a shift worker like police, doctor, nurse, factory worker, bin man etc usually won’t have the option so regardless of bank holidays they won’t get the time off.

I work in an office and set my own/teams deadlines so I set them to all be done on the 22nd December so we could let as many staff(myself included) have all the period off or whatever they wanted with bare minimum staff in the office. Not everyone has this privilege.

I don’t begrudge anyone taking time off because the modern working hours/pressure is a lot. Influencers are bone idle though so a month off is a bit of a piss take.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lots of places of employment don’t shut down between Christmas and New Year and have quotas for how many people can be off. So even if you want the time off and have enough leave you might still have to go into work.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Why shouldn’t she be able with to take a couple of weeks off? I have 28 vacation days at my job too. Plus, maybe they’re doing other work stuff. Regardless, I find it crazy that people want influencers to stick to a regular work schedule. That’s the advantage of being your own boss. Apparently, they can afford to take some time off.

I have done the same in December, because I had a lot of unused vacation days that I couldn’t roll over to the next year.

Reactions: 18
I am super curious, where do you live?
UK. 9-5 office job. My work actually gifted us the 2 weeks and I didn't need to use any of my annual leave.

What counts as a real job though? Everyone I know has to book time off at Christmas regardless of what job they’re in, do nurses and doctors not count? Do those who work in retail not count as having proper jobs?
The previous poster who I was replying to said that influencers don't count as a "real job" and I have an example of my office job as a real job. You can offer your perspective as a nurse or retail staff if you'd like.

Reactions: 4
Anna's job where she has to write one blog post and one you tube video and that crappy podcast with time to have walks in the parks on weekdays and pretend she has the week like the rest of us ...ya that's not a job people. Great for her, bought her a house.that job ...but that's not a full time job.

Reactions: 29
Anna's job where she has to write one blog post and one you tube video and that crappy podcast with time to have walks in the parks on weekdays and pretend she has the week like the rest of us ...ya that's not a job people. Great for her, bought her a house.that job ...but that's not a full time job.
Totally agree. It might bring it's own stresses and down sides but at the end of the day it's at best a part time job that has allowed 2 adults to buy an expensive house and take as much time off as they want.

Reactions: 16
Because they go straight from school/uni to YouTube, they think it's just normal life to take a two/three week break for Christmas (upside to 2020: 9-5er here has been able to take the entire bit between Christmas and New Year off because I've barely touched my annual leave this year)
Same - not used any A/L this year so used it off over Christmas & I’m not ‘back’ til Wednesday

Reactions: 1
If I could take a month off without consequences and no detrimental impact to my career then you better believe I’d do it! I do just think it highlights how empty Anna’s schedule is though that she can front-load to keep the content coming for a few weeks... as a previous poster says, shows it’s in no way a full-time job.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Exactly and that's y it's annoying when she says things like she ...scheduled this and that. Lady, u have the whole week to do just that. Don't be so smug about it.

If I could take a month off without consequences and no detrimental impact to my career then you better believe I’d do it! I do just think it highlights how empty Anna’s schedule is though that she can front-load to keep the content coming for a few weeks... as a previous poster says, shows it’s in no way a full-time job.
Here in the Netherlands, many people can take 4 weeks off without consequences. I even know people who go on sabbaticals for several months without consequences for their career. It’s not that unusual in many regular office jobs and it has nothing to do with how busy you are. You just arrange for your team to cover you and you do same for them when they are away.

For all we know Anna is negotiating new brand deals as we speak, just because there’s no video does not mean she simply turned on her out of office and switched her email off.

What I’m trying to say is, taking some time off is not that extreme. Especially when business slows down a bit in summer and around the December holidays. She probably did most in the lead up to Christmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Chiming in to reiterate that being your own boss means you can make your own schedule. That's why a lot of people do it. When I was a freelancer, I often had weeks between contracts/had the flexibility to arrange gigs so I could travel or take time off. Did that make my job less "real"? Hell no. If we all had the choice between setting our own schedules while being paid handsomely vs. the typical 9-5 grind with only 2 weeks paid vacation, I'm pretty sure I know which one I'd choose. There are plenty of things about Anna to be bothered about; taking advantage of a very tangible benefit of her chosen career is not one of them.

What we should be mad about is that we've been conditioned to think that work is a virtue and that constantly working/struggling for time off is normal.

Reactions: 31
I guess it smacks a bit more with influencers taking time off and making such a big thing of it because their jobs are hardly taxing at the best of times.

• Heart
I hope she does something interesting soon otherwise we’ll never get a new thread or talk about any other than her 4 week break 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone else fed up of Anna and Lily posting the exact same videos at the exact same time? e.g the latest Make Up Favourites videos. It's happened a few times almost as if they agree to do so?
Wanted to go back to this as I’ve noticed this too. Used to see their uploads being identical all the time. Why is that? Did they agree to it? But why would you want that 😂 it absolutely makes no sense to me. Can someone please enlighten me?

Reactions: 11
Wanted to go back to this as I’ve noticed this too. Used to see their uploads being identical all the time. Why is that? Did they agree to it? But why would you want that 😂 it absolutely makes no sense to me. Can someone please enlighten me?
Lily has no ideas so copies Anna, in a nutshell. I bet Anna tells her what videos she’s planning and suddenly she’s got the same idea, in the same week.. 🤔

Lily is always asking for ideas on what to film because she can’t think for herself either. We’ve got a “how to layer/keep warm” video coming soon, I think. Groundbreaking. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.