Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Magee

VIP Member
HOLD ON THE PHONE! You’re telling me we have managed to find the previous/current listing on the internet and she may have paid £900k - £1mil upwards, but has the audacity to post on her blog about cutting back on takeaways to help save for her garden!! Oh my empathy runs thin!!

I don’t mind Anna, but what I do mind is her trying to create and maintain this relatable dork next door image. Just own it, you’re a successful woman who can afford a home a home 4x the UKs average house price. I don’t need to be told to meal plan and set a budget for my skincare.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Anna just doesn’t have the figure to pull off the style she’s trying to go for. Nothing wrong with her figure mind, it’s perfectly fine and lovely, but she has a mumsy look to her and she’s about as edgy as a mini egg so there’s that. The ugly clothes trend can look cool when done well on people who have the edge to carry it off. Anna just looks like a Middle Aged sub teacher who adjusts the car seat right up to the wheel and sits on two cushions because she can’t see over the wheel

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Lemonz

VIP Member
Anna just doesn’t have the figure to pull off the style she’s trying to go for. Nothing wrong with her figure mind, it’s perfectly fine and lovely, but she has a mumsy look to her and she’s about as edgy as a mini egg so there’s that. The ugly clothes trend can look cool when done well on people who have the edge to carry it off. Anna just looks like a Middle Aged sub teacher who adjusts the car seat right up to the wheel and sits on two cushions because she can’t see over the wheel
'Edgy as a mini egg' HAS to be the new thread title :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
It’s HUGE. Lily will be so jealous. Just think of the obscene amount of money these people make. What a fucked up world we live in. Nurses who can’t pay their bills. But women flouncing around in free shit with million pound houses.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I’ve been thinking a lot about influencers / bloggers recently and I mourn the days where no money was involved (and the fact we will never get this back).

What I want:
I want someone who is independent to any brands, telling me what things are stylish/good value for money/worth buying. When blogging first started, people did exactly this, for no money, just for fun. They enjoyed sharing their thoughts, they were passionate about fashion/makeup, they enjoyed the discussion with other bloggers and followers. The content was less flashy, and perhaps less frequent, but it was genuine, completely un-biased and the blogger themselves likely earned a similar salary to me and perhaps had a similar routine (works 9-5), so I can even take their routine/workout tips seriously, as well as any budgeting advice they may have (if that’s something they were informed on).
Those first few years were great… and now it’s impossible for people like this to exist (unless anyone can tell me otherwise) as now it’s possible to make it their full time job, and make good money from it, they will. And so those who choose to take money from brands will have more uploads and fancier looking content, and we are conditioned to want to watch that higher quality content. However the content is now:

- Biased: obviously during a brand deal, but also they are more likely to suggest a product merely for the affiliate link, to tempt the company to send them freebies, or because the company already has sent them a freebie (and they wouldn’t have spent their own money on the product, but because it’s free they use it)

- Un-relatable: this person’s full time job is now to make their life look desirable. Their whole job is to create an illusion that they’ve figured out the perfect formula to make their life perfectly edited, so that people want to take their advice, but the reality is that they have 8 hours a day to work on making it look like such. They can workout in the middle of the day when the gyms are free. They can get numerous free/cheap procedures to make themselves more beautiful. They have access to the best quality most expensive clothes, and even if they give dupes, the reality is that they didn’t actually buy the dupe, so that isn’t even a proper recommendation (they may not have bought the dupe if they has less money… if that makes sense). They have million pound homes that are easy to make look gorgeous.

I just feel so frustrated that this is all such an illusion that we are all (myself included) being manipulated to see as attainable, and so we take their biased advice and waste our money. I just wish there was a community of people who were passionate about content creation but out of principle never took money from brands to sell an item. I think picking up money through adsense and patreon is fine aswell, and some creators do this, but next to none in the beauty community. Sigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Although I think Anna means well, I find her trying to shove a “cute and quirky” personality down our thoughts really grating. All the “moments”, “situations”, “yonks", "I’m not mad about it", her and Mark calling each other “babes” ironically, “thanks for listening to my ted talk”, “PSA:…”
All of that stuff was cute the first few times you hear someone use the expression, but she over uses all of them and purposely makes an effort to leave them in. Also, all of them are really common millennial expressions that become popular and everyoneeeee uses so it’s completely unoriginal too .
At least Lily doesn’t do this- I actually feel like Lily is just talking to me the same way as she’d talk to a friend when she talks to the camera (however grumpy). When Anna talks to the camera, it seems like she’s doing a bit of a performance.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Influenzapandemic

I really don’t understand the issue with her not being able to have a walk in wardrobe? They’ve got bedrooms coming out of their ears in that house, what the hell are they going to use them all for if she’s not allowed a walk in wardrobe/dressing room?? 🤷🏻‍♀️😳😳
Tbh I don’t know how he can have the cheek to dictate anything to her because she has clearly contributed the vast majority of the funds to the house. She needs to grow a backbone and say until the day I pop out my 4th kid it’s my fucking dressing room!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Just watching the vlog now. At one point, Anna says 'If you're wondering where Mark is...' Nope. Nobody is wondering where Mark is. Stop trying to make The Mark Edit happen!

Her skin does look great in this vlog. That Allies of Skin is paying off!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I never used to mind Mark all that much but the way Anna has been trying to sell him to her audience recently as a man among men ("Is there anything this man can't do???") is embarrassing. Stop trying to make your perfectly nice, averagely controlling husband happen. He's not going to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Cloak

VIP Member
I’m listening to the Christmas at home with podcast (why) and they all just agreed Mark is fashion forward and stylish? Am I missing something? He looks like the biggest nerd I’ve ever seen, and not in a “cool” way, in a really genuinely “hasn’t got a clue or any interest in fashion way”. Which is fine, but I genuinely had never ever thought anyone would think otherwise?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

4dominoes

I think it’s in very poor taste to put a IG story all about your gifted food, just about you’ve done a story on donating to food banks. So many children are going to go starving or have very little this year especially due to the pandemic.
I disagree entirely. She was hardly bragging about getting gifted food. She was encouraging other people to donate to food banks to directly address the problem you’ve highlighted. She’s clearly mindful of how lucky she is and that others are less fortunate. She made an EXTRA donation on top of her usual monthly donations to reflect that fact.

Not accepting the gifted meal means it just would have gone to waste or another influencer who wouldn’t have made a donation and the food bank wouldn’t have got the money. I think it’s a really nice way to enjoy the perks of her job while being mindful about her position as well as using her platform to encourage donations.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I never like to talk about people's weight but in Anna's case it's her style choices that do her disservice. She's possibly the same/similar weight to her in 2017/18 but it doesn't look like it because of her frumpy oversized clothing. We cannot see her body silhouette at all these days, it's all hiden under baggy clothes with her big moon head sticking out.
If someone speculated about my pregnancy due to an unflattering piece of clothing, I would be mortified and get rid of that piece immediately. Anna just giggles about it and carry on wearing frumpy clothes.

I really need to check myself every time I watch her videos these days, telling myself she's not pregnant neither she's gained weight, it's just her clothes!
I mean, I know Anna is an ~influencer~ and trying to sell people on clothes, but it’s not tragic and the end of the world to not dress in clothes that show her “body silhouette” for others? I’m probably biased because I dress somewhat similarly to Anna and in general don’t mind her but I also am not stick thin or “the body type that can pull off” wearing baggier clothes as is often talked about here but to an extent, who cares? I think a lot of it is down to personal taste and style but I find it odd how often on here people say Anna needs to change x/y/z about her appearance or style to please others. Sure if she’s totally just following trends and trying to mimic other influencers style and it’s not what she truly likes wearing then it’s a bit sad, but I don’t really think there’s anything wrong with just dressing for yourself. Even if it’s not the most figure hugging, flattering, people pleasing outfit. If someone mistook me for being pregnant because of what I was wearing.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so? To each their own but of all the things Anna does (budgeting tips 🥴, excessive Mark, obscene spending habits, repetitive content, etc) her just dressing like a normal person with a normal healthy body is one of the things I do like about her. Sure it’s not the most ~stylish~ and she’s often trying to pull of the cool girl unbothered look, but I’d rather see her just wearing her normal comfy jeans and a baggy sweater round the house

I feel sort of the same way about her eyebrows, jaw, talking out of the side of her mouth, lisp etc- who really cares? People plucked their eyebrows to high heaven in the early 2000s and then moved on, it’s just a trend and if Anna likes the way her face looks right now I really couldn’t care less. Maybe in a few years she’ll look back and shudder but (also I’m probably biased as a born dark and bushy brow girl) it’s just really not that big of a deal to me- I get much more frustrated and want to bang my head against the wall when she comes out with yet another wardrobe capsule/seasonal haul/organisation video or waitrose and partners cooking bit

• Heart
Reactions: 41

nfw95

My friend rang me earlier and when she said “oh my word” it really triggered me 😂 Anna has ruined normal phrases
Omg don't - I lit a candle the other night and in my head stupidly said "this is a nice cosy moment" and I wanted to light myself on fire too 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I follow an influencer who only has about 30K followers on Instagram. She did a Black Friday round up newsletter and told everyone she was going to donate 50% of the money she made to a charity. This weekend she thanked everyone who purchased something through it because they had help raise £6,000 for charity. So that's £12K in total earnings for what is essentially a list of shop names and discount details that would have been emailed to her weeks ago via press releases. A list that encourages people to buy shit they don't need, further lining the pockets of H&M Group, Amazon and the rest.

So 10 X the number of followers = probably no help from Bank of mum and dad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40