The Anna Edit #4 a moment like this moment moment.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wanted to go back to this as I’ve noticed this too. Used to see their uploads being identical all the time. Why is that? Did they agree to it? But why would you want that 😂 it absolutely makes no sense to me. Can someone please enlighten me?
Maybe they’re on the same video cycle, just like women’s cycles supposedly synchronise when you live together ;)

No, but seriously, that’s what would bore me so much in that job, it’s really Groundhog Day sometimes, doing the same videos over and over again. Buying guides and yearly favourites in December, empties, collection clear-outs and so on. And once you’ve done your round, you just start all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Fair enough take a few weeks off but what bothers me is when she and others defending her talk about how she’s busy doing other things besides getting videos and IG posts up.

Her outputs might be numerous - e.g negotiating with brands behind the scenes - but her outcomes (the end result of her work) is one video per week and a few IG posts are extremely small. This is so unbalanced. It’s like if I, as a marketing director, spent 90% of my time talking to people or doing admin and only putting out a tiny report or outcome every month or so. I wouldn’t have delivered enough outcomes in relation to the amount of output work I was doing.

I guess what I’m saying is one video per week and a few IG posts is piss poor and hardly a taxing job. Her job is to influence and communicate with her viewers. The other stuff feeds into it but should surely not be 90% of her job.

Reactions: 18
I wonder if there’s been any pressure on Anna (from Gleam maybe?) to take the extended time off / not upload a video etc. to try and boost Lily’s engagement?

The difference in views on the 2020 favourites videos from the two of them must have been a cold slap in the face for Lily and her Gleam managers that she is seriously on the downward slope.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if there’s been any pressure on Anna (from Gleam maybe?) to take the extended time off / not upload a video etc. to try and boost Lily’s engagement?

The difference in views on the 2020 favourites videos from the two of them must have been a cold slap in the face for Lily and her Gleam managers that she is seriously on the downward slope.
Interesting. When those videos first went live I swear Lily's was in the lead but I guess more Anna fans caught up over a period of days. I know over Christmas I wasn't as quick to watch all my subscription box on that days of release.

Reactions: 3
There’s a blog post out about the collaboration for the stationery and I’m surprised it wasn’t called “The Organised Situation” or something equally as stupid 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anna is a bore and I am dreading the day she announces she's preganant. That wil be my cue to finally unsubscribe. The idea of watching Anna being a mummy influencer is too real.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lily has no ideas so copies Anna, in a nutshell. I bet Anna tells her what videos she’s planning and suddenly she’s got the same idea, in the same week.. 🤔

Lily is always asking for ideas on what to film because she can’t think for herself either. We’ve got a “how to layer/keep warm” video coming soon, I think. Groundbreaking. 😂
If I was Anna and have Lily copying me at this extent (all those identical uploads on the exact same time) I would have already try to speak to her about it... like I wouldn't want this to go on. Or I would try to do something "unexpected" - like upload the video 1 day earlier to have an advantage or have a different topic cycle..
Maybe she's not creative enough to do something different and/or they have a really toxic competitive friendship where they don't openly speak about their opinions and feelings. Are they even still friends? I'm not up-to-date regarding this xD

Reactions: 9
If I was Anna and have Lily copying me at this extent (all those identical uploads on the exact same time) I would have already try to speak to her about it... like I wouldn't want this to go on. Or I would try to do something "unexpected" - like upload the video 1 day earlier to have an advantage or have a different topic cycle..
Maybe she's not creative enough to do something different and/or they have a really toxic competitive friendship where they don't openly speak about their opinions and feelings. Are they even still friends? I'm not up-to-date regarding this xD
Anna has mentioned that she hates confrontation. That's why Lily gets away with this stuff!

Interesting. When those videos first went live I swear Lily's was in the lead but I guess more Anna fans caught up over a period of days. I know over Christmas I wasn't as quick to watch all my subscription box on that days of release.
Lily uploads a few hours before Anna to get the views in!

Do Gleam have that sort of control over her career? Why should she sit back to give Lily a boost? She should leave Gleam if this is the case!

Reactions: 12

I highly doubt this, gleam is a business at the end of the day and it would be incredibly unprofessional for them to tell a client to stop posting so that another client that is doing a tit job can benefit from them not being around. There would be no guarantee that it would help Lily, and it would be short lived. If Gleam do genuinely think Lily’s content is tit ( the fact thy let her post about her daughter having blue lips, tampon flushing makes me think they are even more stupid than her!) they need to help her come up with a new content strategy. Anna may be nice and hate confrontation but she isn’t going to hurt her career just to help Lily. Anna’s got a mortgage to pay and a husband to support.

Reactions: 20
I very much doubt Gleam has that power or that Anna would take a step back to help Lily in that way. I know she’s a doormat but that’s pushing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why would Gleam want to do that? They earn through Anna as well.

Reactions: 8
Anna hasn’t even posted on insta for four days, and then there was all that time off over Christmas. Expected something from her today, most people are back at work, but nothing! Not even any stories. She really does need to put out more content.

Reactions: 9
Anna hasn’t even posted on insta for four days, and then there was all that time off over Christmas. Expected something from her today, most people are back at work, but nothing! Not even any stories. She really does need to put out more content.
Anna has posted stories today about her appointed merch. My guess is she made ££££ last year and is taking it easy.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Anna has posted stories today about her appointed merch. My guess is she made ££££ last year and is taking it easy.
I must say though, I do like the look of it. But it is probably gonna be quite expensive...if it is student friendly I’ll order a copy!

Reactions: 5
TBH What has she got to show us really? her crusty eyed BFF Lilz posts every moment of her meaningless existence & it's not something anyone needs to see. I'd rather they post quality over quantity (not saying Anna necessarily does)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always like nice stationary, but when it comes down to it, I never write anything down. I’m not the list making type and what i do need to remember I keep track of online.

She was probably quiet for a bit so that these posts on her merch draw more attention .

Reactions: 6
As much as I like the look of Appointed, I find the details of her collab with them bizarre. Why on earth would she release a 2021 planner on 11 January? You wouldn't even get it until the end of the month, surely. And who wants to buy stationery with someone else's initials on??

• Haha
Reactions: 36
the thing with influencers is that they have a consistent / scheduled job but not a full time one. they have days they need to be online and promoting, but everything is planned out, approved and somewhat paid months in advance. there's no curveballs or surprises unless they seriously duck up, and that's probably why they're usually so bad at handling backlash. the brand liaisons they work with are trained to deal with them like they're 'talent' and the general public / expectant audience are a lot more frank. this *is* a generalisation and of the two i feel it applies to lily more than anna but calling it a 'full time job' is a huge overstatement imo

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.