The Anna Edit #22 The Amish Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t that just the plaster? Or did she show the paint colour in the video?
The paint color is now on her stories and surprise surprise it's beige. That whole space is going to be so bland. It's like the same color as those & Other Stories silky pants she's obsessed with.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The paint color is now on her stories and surprise surprise it's beige. That whole space is going to be so bland. It's like the same color as those & Other Stories silky pants she's obsessed with.
Just saw it! All the wood would’ve looked so much better against some bold dark colour or at least something intense rather than another washed out shade of beige

Reactions: 10
OMG next thread title right here:
The Anna Edit #22 Surprise surprise it's beige

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Totally agree with comments about the nosedive in her confidence - seems to be a more noticeable difference since Mark started working with her / them moving into the new house. I wonder what’s happened…

Reactions: 13
It looks like a tech company / wework kitchen with the mix of concrete floor / beige walls and wood cabinets lmao - so devoid of personality

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Could their new kitchen be any more beige and bland? 🙄 Also it’s horrible. Why buy a big period house just to stick something bland and characterless in it?
The grain is too busy for a kitchen. It’s never going to look good.

Reactions: 3
It looks like a tech company / wework kitchen with the mix of concrete floor / beige walls and wood cabinets lmao - so devoid of personality
YES. I've been trying to figure it out and it's like workplace utilitarian. No personality, easy to clean to minimize costs, and looks like it stinks of tuna fish that's been left in the fridge too long. All it needs is a sign that says "ATTN: this fridge gets cleaned out every Friday!"

• Haha
Reactions: 29
wait that's the finished kitchen??? I thought it was before painting etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why would you blow all your money on a beautiful old home, full of character, and intentionally build THAT KITCHEN which is at complete odds with the rest of the house, but not take care of the damp??? I just can't anymore

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
The kitchen is horrible. And it’s not the cabinets, it’s the shape. Maybe I’ll change my mind once it’s all finished but having a long Island, bench seating around the window AND a dining table with more inbuilt bench seating just seems strange. the space looks so large and like the design tries to fit in unnecessary things to fill the space. I think it was a mistake not putting in a downstairs toilet given how much space there is.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Why would you blow all your money on a beautiful old home, full of character, and intentionally build THAT KITCHEN which is at complete odds with the rest of the house, but not take care of the damp??? I just can't anymore
The irony is the original kitchen seems like the most use-able functioning room in the whole damp manky house. But they choose to destroy and rebuild that instead of doing other necessary work. They are a couple of twats on display for all to see.

Reactions: 29
I just want to say... I'm getting REALLY bored of the non-renovation "renovation content". The updates are sparse and there's so little insights given. Also, is it normal for renovations to take THIS long in the UK? They moved in 2020 and granted there was a global pandemic and she was pregnant but for the 2,5 years that's passed everything still looks stripped bare? Is this all just me?

Reactions: 22
I just want to say... I'm getting REALLY bored of the non-renovation "renovation content". The updates are sparse and there's so little insights given. Also, is it normal for renovations to take THIS long in the UK? They moved in 2020 and granted there was a global pandemic and she was pregnant but for the 2,5 years that's passed everything still looks stripped bare? Is this all just me?
tbh I think they expected to get almost everything gifted and when it didn't happen that quickly it fucked up the surprise/exciting effect that's needed for renovation content doing good (that combined with the lack of taste or personal style is a recipe for a disaster)

they could save it by providing some behind the scenes footage with plans, process and their ideas like for instance justine leconte has been doing, but I can't imagine the pair of them doing so

Reactions: 11
No it’s not overly long given the scale of what they are doing. However as someone who has done a project like this before and is planning on something similar in my new house, none of her content is interesting to me. I want to know why people make the choices they do, how it fits with their current house, what materials they decided on etc. there’s no insight into the process from her content

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree, the lack of information or content that would interest someone who was/is/might be renovating amazes me. Of the few times she’s actually made ‘renovation’ videos, all I see is her bragging and gloating about her shop front. It’s not inclusive, it’s boring and frankly just vulgar.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s lazy. She couldn’t be bothered to document everything so she has no real content. Given how many people are buying Victorian houses, this could have made her a fortune.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.