The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am already over this move and she hasn't even bloody moved yet. I won't be able to watch another 6 months of recycled content from the airbnb of mum and dad.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In the US/Canada, itā€™s pretty standard for the real estate agent/agency to create the pamphlet. Is that not normal in the UK?

Reactions: 4
In the US/Canada, itā€™s pretty standard for the real estate agent/agency create the pamphlet. Is that not normal in the UK?
Depends how much you pay and what theyā€™re like, not a personalised one like I think she made, I donā€™t think it was a difficult sell though!

Reactions: 1
Well Iā€™ve sold 3 houses in the last 10 years of my life and never once have I had to create my own cringe pamphlet.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well Iā€™ve sold 3 houses in the last 10 years of my life and never once have I had to create my own cringe pamphlet.
Also, how many of her viewers on far enough along on the property ladder to already be selling their homes??

Reactions: 6
because Lily god did one, and because Anna is such a vigro and nerd, she had to do one too. So you guys can swipe up, and download in pdf or word
I am already over this move and she hasn't even bloody moved yet. I won't be able to watch another 6 months of recycled content from the airbnb of mum and dad.
OMG same, she keep yapping about doing pamphlet and organising your house before viewing across different platforms, sooo boring nowww

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
she mentioned ginza flip flops as her probable next purchase in her september favorites and i googled them and.. they're hideous?? they look like ones at REI that you can get for under $40 USD but she thinks Ā£200 is the deal of the century? i say this as someone who bought the plastic birkenstocks last year and has not worn any other shoe since so i really don't have anything against ugly shoes, just don't pay 200 effing pounds for them

• Haha
she mentioned ginza flip flops as her probable next purchase in her september favorites and i googled them and.. they're hideous?? they look like ones at REI that you can get for under $40 USD but she thinks Ā£200 is the deal of the century? i say this as someone who bought the plastic birkenstocks last year and has not worn any other shoe since so i really don't have anything against ugly shoes, just don't pay 200 effing pounds for them
I quite like them on other people and I think they can really make an outfit (I agree they're overpriced though). But I just cannot see Anna styling them well. I like that flip flops are making a comeback but when Anna wears them they just make her outfits look basic. Even if she copies an outfit head to toe, there's always something that throws it off. Should stick to her teva's, I think they suit her well even though I'm not a huge fan.

Reactions: 3
The Anna Edit #3: Guys, we have a situation, the one where Anna didn't edit...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Those flip flops are a stark reminder, to us all, that cost doesnā€™t always correlate with how stylish an item is

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ginza flip flops? Bethany Bathgate lite lolz. Plus her wardrobe is the most boring ever and a bit disingenuous, where's the hideous dead stock track suit and the Glossier hoodie?

ā€œhitting the 30 marker, it feels like E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E I know in my life is on the move.ā€

This shows sheā€™s in a circle of comfortably cushioned people with mum and dad banks.

I am 35 and hardly know anyone around my age who owns a property. Even my colleagues in their mid 40s are just around scraping for their first flat. Probably because we donā€™t know how to budget like expert Anna, not because weā€™re academic librarians working our arses off during pandemic because the government says itā€™s safe to have students back on campus šŸ˜”

• Sad
Reactions: 25
ā€œhitting the 30 marker, it feels like E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E I know in my life is on the move.ā€

This shows sheā€™s in a circle of comfortably cushioned people with mum and dad banks.

I am 35 and hardly know anyone around my age who owns a property. Even my colleagues in their mid 40s are just around scraping for their first flat. Probably because we donā€™t know how to budget like expert Anna, not because weā€™re academic librarians working our arses off during pandemic because the government says itā€™s safe to have students back on campus šŸ˜”
Absolutely agree. Iā€™m a very similar age to Anna, and most of my circle are still renting. The only ones whoā€™ve been able to buy are the ones who had ā€œhelpā€ of some description, like being able to live at home rent-free well into their twenties, or theyā€™ve received an inheritance.

Anna should probably acknowledge in her budgeting blogs that, for most people, living costs far outstrip wages and salaries at the moment. Unless she does this already? I donā€™t know, I canā€™t bring myself to read last a couple of sentences of her poorly-written blogs when they are linked here.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, Iā€™m a similar age to Anna and most of my friendship group own/have built their own houses. I can think of maybe 2/3 couples that rent.
Weā€™re all working/lower middle classes so nowhere near Annaā€™s level of earning but we do have the advantage of living in a cheap part of the UK.

The middle of a pandemic is the last time Iā€™d be thinking of moving though.

I suppose it depends, alot of my friends were ready to buy as more affordable new builds came on the market. I had a rough decade employment wise so not so much me.

Ginza flip flops? Bethany Bathgate lite lolz. Plus her wardrobe is the most boring ever and a bit disingenuous, where's the hideous dead stock track suit and the Glossier hoodie?
What I don't understand is that Brittany Bathgate has mentioned, several times, in her vlogs (which no doubt Anna watches) that while she thinks that the ginza flip flops are stylish, they are difficult to break in and not a comfy shoe. The thong bit cuts into your toes due to the weight of the platform. And yet Anna STILL wants to spend between $200-$600 on a pair knowing this because tHeY'rE cOoOoOoL. Lame!

Reactions: 10
What I don't understand is that Brittany Bathgate has mentioned, several times, in her vlogs (which no doubt Anna watches) that while she thinks that the ginza flip flops are stylish, they are difficult to break in and not a comfy shoe. The thong bit cuts into your toes due to the weight of the platform. And yet Anna STILL wants to spend between $200-$600 on a pair knowing this because tHeY'rE cOoOoOoL. Lame!
I always find it slightly ironic that so many of these ā€œinfluencersā€ are actually very easily influenced themselves and donā€™t have a strong sense of self/style. If they did, they wouldnā€™t feel the need to copy other bloggers/Pinterest for every fashion/decorating choice.

Reactions: 12
Can't wait for Autumn to end so she can stop talking about the Toteme Annecy Coat - I am on the fence, I think a cool girl like Lizzy can pull it off but Anna somehow managed to always 'basicalised' (just invented this) expensive items, and she looks like she stole a coat from Harry Potter

• Heart
Can't wait for Autumn to end so she can stop talking about the Toteme Annecy Coat - I am on the fence, I think a cool girl like Lizzy can pull it off but Anna somehow managed to always 'basicalised' (just invented this) expensive items, and she looks like she stole a coat from Harry Potter
i think the fit is off on her, maybe she didn't try it on in the store before purchasing so she ended up with a size bigger than she needs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.