The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who remembers Caroline Hirons banging on during lockdown '... go out and help the beauty industry they are really struggling they need you... blah blah blah...'! Oh right, ok then. What about all the Instabeggars that get their beauty treatments and haircuts for free then? Still happening then! :rolleyes: :mad:
Such a good point. Yet influencers carry on to accept freebies from businesses that have been shut and without income for months. They are absolutely shameless and immoral. It is for the rest of us plebs to pay for our haircuts, colour, beauty treatments, nails etc - which is what we have been doing all along anyway, pandemic or no pandemic.

Reactions: 25
Her weird smile but show 5mm of teeth thing puts me off majority of her photos, she looked so much better in the one picture on that grid where she smiled naturally

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Why is she posting an affiliate link to those boots- she hasn’t even bought them yet or been sent them yet ? And tagging the brand ... the freebie fishing this lot get away with is just ridiculous
This is totally something that they should have stricter rules about - affiliate links need to at least be relevant for the person making money. Average consumer product reviews are verified before the review companies display their genuine comments on a product, but these guys are allowed to make money from products they have never purchased?! Mental.

I once saw someone affiliate link a baby bassinet - she wasn't a mum, or even pregnant! Never mind has never used it, didn't even NEED it.
"This is what I would buy my future baby" :eek:

Reactions: 9
Did you guys notice how much Anna AL these days, I she has a house to fund and all the expensive furniture (I think Westelm for her is like Primark now). Before that she rarely do any AL or show off the gift that she was sent, but she AL the SpaceNk Advent Calendar that cost £190. If she gets 3% from every box sold, that is £5.70 worth of commissions.

And if people buy other items from the SpaceNk, she might still get her commissions. THEY ARE ALL SO TRANSPARENTC

Reactions: 3
Why is she posting an affiliate link to those boots- she hasn’t even bought them yet or been sent them yet ? And tagging the brand ... the freebie fishing this lot get away with is just ridiculous
I totally agree with you, but a lot of influencers AL products that they haven't purchased. Anna would say this is the more premium option of her And other stories boots. Lots of influencers do that for more expensive / cheaper options. Her desperate attempt to get Dear Frances to send her those boots is so embarrassing, if you want them Anna put your hand in your pocket and buy them like the rest of us have to do.

Her desperate attempt to get Dear Frances to send her those boots is so embarrassing, if you want them Anna put your hand in your pocket and buy them like the rest of us have to do.
Exactly. "What are they like in terms of size and wearing in?" She's already bought from Dear Frances, so would know roughly know what their sizing is like. And they have a returns policy. And she wouldn't even be asking for engagements sake, as the messages would go to her DMs.

Reactions: 7
Exactly. "What are they like in terms of size and wearing in?" She's already bought from Dear Frances, so would know roughly know what their sizing is like. And they have a returns policy. And she wouldn't even be asking for engagements sake, as the messages would go to her DMs.
I swear she has become more beggy just like her work husband/wife

Reactions: 6
Did you guys notice how much Anna AL these days, I she has a house to fund and all the expensive furniture (I think Westelm for her is like Primark now). Before that she rarely do any AL or show off the gift that she was sent, but she AL the SpaceNk Advent Calendar that cost £190. If she gets 3% from every box sold, that is £5.70 worth of commissions.

And if people buy other items from the SpaceNk, she might still get her commissions. THEY ARE ALL SO TRANSPARENTC
That is what I find truly shady about AL. Especially when they start to „explain“ how it works. They all forget to mention that once you followed their link they might get a commission even if you buy something else and sometimes even when you visit the website at a later point on your own again. Either be completely transparent or don’t say anything at all. But those half truths are purposely misleading.
@tehpretty I loved your suggestion by the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is exactly how it works. When you click an affiliate link, it doesn’t matter whether you purchase the exact item linked by the influencer or not. The point is, it places a cookie on your device for that site (and some of these cookies will last for up to six weeks), and if you buy ANYTHING from that site within that time frame, the influencers WILL receive a commission from the sale.

Check out an influencer’s list of affiliate links in their YouTube video description box: if they’re very crafty, they will link a different website every time (Cult Beauty, Superdrug, Boots, ASOS, Amazon, etc), so as to cast the net as widely as possible.

Then wipe your device of cookies so they don’t get any of your money! Christmas is a-coming, and I’m sure we will all be shopping online more this year. Be vigilant with your swipe-ups.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
This is exactly how it works. When you click an affiliate link, it doesn’t matter whether you purchase the exact item linked by the influencer or not. The point is, it places a cookie on your device for that site (and some of these cookies will last for up to six weeks), and if you buy ANYTHING from that site within that time frame, the influencers WILL receive a commission from the sale.

Check out an influencer’s list of affiliate links in their YouTube video description box: if they’re very crafty, they will link a different website every time (Cult Beauty, Superdrug, Boots, ASOS, Amazon, etc), so as to cast the net as widely as possible.

Then wipe your device of cookies so they don’t get any of your money! Christmas is a-coming, and I’m sure we will all be shopping online more this year. Be vigilant with your swipe-ups.
My big pet peeve is when influencers don't list what the brand is at all, they just tell you to swipe up or will link it as 'white blouse' so you are forced to click the AL to find out where it's from. So thirsty for that AL money.

Reactions: 13
My big pet peeve is when influencers don't list what the brand is at all, they just tell you to swipe up or will link it as 'white blouse' so you are forced to click the AL to find out where it's from. So thirsty for that AL money.
In the frow does that all the time and has explained ALs as a small little thank you from the viewer to her for inspiring a purchase :rolleyes: Manipulation at its best.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Feel like this a list of all of Anna's favourite words

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 16.02.50.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That’s hilarious, I’m just imagining 18 year olds watching Anna and thinking “what is this woman saying?!”

Has anyone watched Anna’s life update video? Was there any news about the move?
Just that it's still going as well as can be. Had positive feedback from solicitor and visited the house for a third time. I think it might have been filmed before her house podcast ep with Lily though?
Didn't really learn anything, same old stuff about chains, slow pace at her parents, having that gut feeling about the new house. I like house content but she needs to stop repeating herself, it's been the same stuff for weeks. Everything she says in her videos have already been said on her blog, newsletter, podcast. Even the thing about feeling like Lindsey in Mean Girls boring everyone about Regina George, heard her say that joke twice now. Think she needs to take a step back and write her thoughts down elsewhere, until she has some actual news. Probably going to become so obsessed with the moving process that she writes a book/pdf because it's the most interesting thing to happen to her and she thinks she's now an expert.

Reactions: 14
I used to watch Anna on YouTube but had to stop. I feel like she tries to appeal to everyone. She wants to act as if she’s relatable but at the same time she’ll buy designer bags and designer clothes that often look quite basic/high street level aesthetics. In her latest video she also tries to act as if she’s adjusting to living at home with her parents but it’s easy to tell that she kept mentioning how her routine has been amended. I feel like she lives in her own little world.

Reactions: 13
I used to watch Anna on YouTube but had to stop. I feel like she tries to appeal to everyone. She wants to act as if she’s relatable but at the same time she’ll buy designer bags and designer clothes that often look quite basic/high street level aesthetics. In her latest video she also tries to act as if she’s adjusting to living at home with her parents but it’s easy to tell that she kept mentioning how her routine has been amended. I feel like she lives in her own little world.
I found it hilarious when she said her parents go to bed early and she and Mark were finding themselves in bed by 9:30, but she always says how much of a granny she is and would go to bed early at the flat too. WHICH IS IT ANNA.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I found it hilarious when she said her parents go to bed early and she and Mark were finding themselves in bed by 9:30, but she always says how much of a granny she is and would go to bed early at the flat too. WHICH IS IT ANNA.
You can't be a granny if you are having a late dinner every night.

Reactions: 5
“It’s a slower pace of life at my parents”

Now, I’ve watched enough of her day in the life videos back in the flat to know that if Nanna and her PA Mark went any slower they’d literally stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
AD25092D-3C7E-493C-B9AD-8E69DEA060F6.png

How funny when she just talked about her Lancôme serum just last week and this week, she pared back on her skin care. Hmm, quite ill thought out if you ask me, I don’t think this blog should be scheduled right after she tried to sell us the serum.

By the way, love the Lancôme serum!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.