The Anna Edit #2 The nanna edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always find it slightly ironic that so many of these “influencers” are actually very easily influenced themselves and don’t have a strong sense of self/style. If they did, they wouldn’t feel the need to copy other bloggers/Pinterest for every fashion/decorating choice.
It's about staying relevant and part of that is conforming to what's popular or trendy right now. BB has a style that she ripped of other people that other influencers are now ripping off of her. Very few of them actually have any originality. They all follow the same people, aspire to the same things, and wear the same outfits. It's BORING.

Reactions: 10
I always find it slightly ironic that so many of these “influencers” are actually very easily influenced themselves and don’t have a strong sense of self/style. If they did, they wouldn’t feel the need to copy other bloggers/Pinterest for every fashion/decorating choice.
I was curious as to why BB was the one they are all copying at the moment and I’m sorry but I really didn’t see what all the fuss was about. To be honest I watched a whole 3 minutes of a random video but still.. She looks so plain and her outfit choices are basic! Those flip flops are not worth that price point. You can get something very similar on the high street! They’re all a bunch of sheep.

Reactions: 9
You can get something very similar on the high street! They’re all a bunch of sheep.
There's also a hierarchy of brands which immediately make people feel like they're cutting edge and cooool. As soon as you mention The Row / Celine / Toteme people start frothing for it. Not everything with a Celine logo on it is worth it i.e. that vintage Celine shirt she bought and got rid of, and tbh I hate that hobo bag.

Anna somehow managed to always 'basicalised' (just invented this) expensive items, and she looks like she stole a coat from Harry Potter
Half of having style is in how you carry yourself and attitude. Anna is sweet, but she's trying to be the edgy girl and just can't. I think she looks great when she's being more of that Whistles girls - classics and simple silhouettes with trend led prints.

Reactions: 17
To be fair, I’m a similar age to Anna and most of my friendship group own/have built their own houses. I can think of maybe 2/3 couples that rent.
We’re all working/lower middle classes so nowhere near Anna’s level of earning but we do have the advantage of living in a cheap part of the UK.

The middle of a pandemic is the last time I’d be thinking of moving though.
I probably should’ve added I’m in London and, as you said, the living situation for many may be different depending on location. Having said that, let’s not forget Anna is in one of the more expensive parts of the country.

Reactions: 5
@fallouou Thanks for reminding that she was once a Whistle girl, I thought Whistle was expensive and frankly quite like a treat, and now she is promoting 'cool girl' brands. Like you said, she is a sweet girl (yes cringy sometimes), I don't see how she can pull off those brands that she tried so hard to become

Reactions: 14
I can guarantee her IG stories go something like this; Morning post, ad break, picture of mum's baking/saying its delicious, capsule wardrobe update.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
@fallouou Thanks for reminding that she was once a Whistle girl, I thought Whistle was expensive and frankly quite like a treat, and now she is promoting 'cool girl' brands. Like you said, she is a sweet girl (yes cringy sometimes), I don't see how she can pull off those brands that she tried so hard to become
Compared to what Anna is buying now, Whistles is basically Primark prices.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
51D19D3E-8E88-4255-A646-669EE4C77B9E.png

That salon is terrible, bleeping people hair since they established. Well done Anna for being cheap now she looks like Michael Jackson

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
View attachment 267273 That salon is terrible, bleeping people hair since they established. Well done Anna for being cheap now she looks like MichealJackson
That's got #covidcut written all over it.
Remember, three weeks into lockdown and two glasses of wine later and you decided "duck this for a game of soldiers, I'll cut my own bleeping fringe, how hard can it be?"

Again, she's trying for cool girl, Alexa Chung vibes and ending up with "Supercuts, it's cheaper because she's a trainee" vibes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
1602002018381.png

babe, if your hair is straight, you can't force out natural waves. Even if you do, that is called fizziness not wave

• Haha
How is it possible that her hair looks worse than when she hadn't had it cut? Yikes, I would've said she needs to ask for a refund but lets be real she didn't pay for that atrocity.

Reactions: 8
I like it..! 🙈 so much nicer for it to have some sort of shape than it just hanging dead straight 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
I like it..! 🙈 so much nicer for it to have some sort of shape than it just hanging dead straight 🤷‍♀️
That’s really interesting 😊 Funny how different people focus on different things.
I don’t like it at all, to me it doesn’t look well shaped just broken and unhealthy.

Reactions: 5
I also really like the new hair! It suits her.
I kinda like the wispy ends but not the bits near the face (like a side fringe)? Adding the texture to ends would have been enough. But it would be interesting to see how she styles it going forward.

Reactions: 1
I thought Whistle was expensive and frankly quite like a treat,
Whistles is defo's a big treat! They don't seem to get so much time with the bloggers, I think because they don't gift or do ads all too often 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I don’t like her hair but that’s just my personal opinion/preference on hair. I like a straight edge. She’d suit a side fringe.

Why is she posting an affiliate link to those boots- she hasn’t even bought them yet or been sent them yet ? And tagging the brand ... the freebie fishing this lot get away with is just ridiculous

• Heart
Who remembers Caroline Hirons banging on during lockdown '... go out and help the beauty industry they are really struggling they need you... blah blah blah...'! Oh right, ok then. What about all the Instabeggars that get their beauty treatments and haircuts for free then? Still happening then! :rolleyes: :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.