Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
Ffs Anna, do your business a favour and stop INCLUDING mark. We didn’t sign up for him!

• Haha
Reactions: 40

astridivy

I respect Anna’s approach with not sharing Ralph in vlogs but it really aggravated me when she did a q+a with questions about her birth and recovery and said to go watch Jenn Im’s videos on this topic to learn about hers. Being a lifestyle influencer Anna is literally her brand. If I wanted to hear about Jenn’s birth story I would go watch Jenn’s video. Obviously people who are a fan of Anna’s came to hear about her experience. As usual she managed to give a response with zero substance or detail. Why bother even answering it.

I loved Anna a few years ago. She was still a fake internet persona but she made great fashion,food, fitness and home content. Now I expect we’ll be stuck with the same overpriced sweaters and daily makeup routine. She might even have less to offer now. Her whole day is Ralph and by taking him out of it entirely (including mention of being a mum) she’ll have little else to say or time to create. Though before she went on leave all she did was film her five minute makeup routine and show her sad outfit in her empty spare room anyway. A hard day’s work!

• Heart

w8g

VIP Member
Guys! Anna just explained that she's using mismatched foundation/tinted moisturiser because it makes her skin looks healthy! She prefers yellow tones over pinky tones.

Make that make sense...

• Haha
  • Wow

Mia75

Chatty Member
Ralph is gorgeous! So squidgy.

Back to annoying Anna. That clip on mic she wears really bugs me. Babe. It’s just YouTube 🙄

• Haha

Liptastic

VIP Member
I did it, I unfollowed Nana. Seriously, another ad break after she didn't post anything before that. I can't take it anymore, there's no value there for me at all, just shilling.

• Heart

MoniC

Chatty Member
Well, now we know what Mark hasn't done in the past months: become a better photographer and editor
Screenshot_20211108-152550_Instagram.jpg

Her face is the exact color of her sweater. Jaundice-y as some would say.
HOW do you not notice that and her hands being a completely different color?

• Haha
  • Wow

Bababe

Isn't it rude and condescending to offload her less than positive birth story onto another woman's videos and someone else's channel?
God forbid Anna will admit to a real life hard experience. She has to talk whilst smiling like a maniac! Good vibes only!
Oh yeah got some unpleasantness to shed about my actual birth but I won't on my channel. But hey here is this channel, she talks it, go check her out. Barf
This is insulting on so many levels to her viewers and the other lady's channel. Who does that?

• Sad
Reactions: 39

imtakingabath

VIP Member
Amused by Anna saying she has “a douche” - yes I know it’s French for shower, but does she not know about the other meaning of douching?! 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick

trav35

This was my opinion and we are all here to share one.

My complaint was that Anna Newton is not as classy and innocent as she tries to portray herself. A huge narcissistic hypocrite. Will show you leather outfit post baby but won't mention a word about her birth. Is she that immature perhaps?

Why is she showing her figure in tight leather after her birth? But never before? It's pretty calculating. And tight leather fine but talking about the birth not fine. Even though we are all adults.
Hang on, what?! Because she wears leather trousers she should tell all about her birth experience?! On what planet does this remotely make sense?

She does many annoying things, but this is absolutely not one of them. Giving birth is basically one of the most vulnerable experiences most women will ever have, and there’s no fucking way you could pay me enough to disclose the minutiae of mine to half a million strangers. Not like it’s off-brand for her - she’s never particularly been an over-sharer.

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
It's quite sad having a wardrobe full of high end items when in reality, you’re only going to wear it for 5 minutes to walk up the street to have a few photos taken by your husband. Then back home to the overpriced lounge wear. But yeah, investment!

imtakingabath

VIP Member
I also think it’s incredibly presumptuous of her to essentially claim someone else’s birth story as her own - if someone did that to me I’d be like, excuse me?! You weren’t there! Their birth stories may have been similar, but no two births are ever exactly the same. I think Anna also doesn’t want to talk about her experience cos it would be too “real” and might affect people’s perception of her, it might not fit with her perfect girl next door image.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Ivegotatheory

Chatty Member
She dresses really well….it’s totally out of my price range, but she does have a really nice style. I’d happily wear a lot of her clothes. Lily has some nice bits too, but she just can’t pull it all together like Anna can.

• Haha
  • Wow

roarke

VIP Member
I cannot see her coming back as an influencer mum, she’ll continue as she always has; expensive shit clothes, “organisational tips”, crap blogs with too much ofMark and bad baking recipes. Still, she’ll do better than seething Lily, and it’s going to be glorious to watch.

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Too self involved to realise the approach to the baby content is obviously going to piss everyone off. The people who are ok with baby content will be annoyed at all the chat without seeing the kid. The people who aren’t there for baby content will be put off by all the chat. Further complicated by the fact she has to mention Space NK a lot for arranging the Santa visit. She is entitled to show as much or as little of her baby (and life) as she likes but this approach is the worst of both worlds. What a shitshow.

• Heart

Abc802

I've finally unfollowed on Instagram. I don't need to see her stories that are 97% links and ads. Instagram advertises to me enough as it is.

• Heart

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I just realized how non-confrontational, and frankly a coward, Anna really is. By telling her followers to watch Jenn Im’s birth video instead of providing her own birth story, she’s doing nothing to help normalize birth and things that happen during it for others. By all means, set boundaries and delete nasty comments, but she’s doing nothing to support other people going through similar experiences. I really just think she doesn’t want to be criticized as a mom and all those negative judgey mommy vibes.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I’m not sure Anna will leave YouTube. She’s quite astute about keeping fingers in pies, ie keeping a presence on platforms so she’s not as vulnerable to tech changes. YouTube isn’t the cool kid right now but cutting it off would make her a lot more dependent on Instagram. And she’s savvy in that regard, eg keeping her own blog & newsletter going when many others in her position couldn’t be bothered.

Also a lot of her content is doubled (and even tripled) up across platforms - which i find annoying but she is good at really wringing everything out. For example outfit clips in vlogs will appear as Instagram pics. Minimum effort for maximum output - so yes dropping YouTube would free them up but it’s nowhere near the time/effort saving it would be if the YouTube output was standalone content.

So I don’t think Anna will quit YouTube just yet but she may well scale down and drop the frequency even further at times. Another way to look at it is that even if YouTube isn’t the money spinner it used to be, it remains a good way to connect with your audience and with other influencers dropping out it leaves the ones who stay a bigger piece of the attention pie.

She’s not ventured onto TikTok yet has she?

• Heart
Reactions: 37