The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hello is the difference between Anna newton, icovettee, pebble and (similar) other British lifestyle influencers style? They look the same: grey, beige, long coats, jumpers, baggy trousers, ugly retro sunglasses, heavy looking (black) boots, the same gold jewellery everyone on IG owns... what fashion? It's just a specific style that's on repeat. Now that's winter you can experiment with various shades of scarves, hats, gloves, boots. But no. We all know they will add zero colour to their ootd. Gosh,they must take themselves so seriously posing in those unwiped mirrors. How awfully dull and passe. Maybe it's the fashion most prefer but how...yawn.... how boring. They must struggle to stay awake.
💯 I mentioned this account before here: https://instagram.com/lisaingmarinelli?utm_medium=copy_link
Her style is not my style, I am more like jumper, jeans, boots and almost like any other influencers. But she is quite good in playing with her outfit.

Reactions: 6
I think the constant barrage of ads recently must be to do with Black Friday. God it's such an annoying time of year. Anna has planned it well to come back to work just in time for the Black Friday/Christmas ad-extravaganza. Lily must be fuming that she didn't have the good sense to plan her new baby around the retail calendar. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Money must be tight in the Newton household that these 2 lazy people produce a Wednesday AD video. 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 18
The dandruff shampoo? It’s really bad. I’ve used it before as I also struggle a bit with my scalp, and recently psoriasis / eczema patches on my legs (since the pandemic - I think it’s stress.) It’s the most relatable thing about Anna, but it’s also totally stress / diet related, IMO. A much better shampoo is by ISDIN and it’s called Psorisdin.
Awhile back I made a comment on Tattle about Anna's flaky ears and people here informed me it's psoriasis. I got psoriasis like a month later. How odd, I guess I shouldn't judge Anna's flaky ears! It's horrible now that I have it too and totally understand how hard it is to keep them flake free.

Solid gold via Etsy for me. I prefer vintage gold - if it’s lasted over 20+ years and still looks amazing, it’s still going to look amazing on you for a long while yet. Plus you can find lots of unique solid vintage gold for a reasonable price. I have a ring from the 60s that I got for about £120.

There are also loads of sellers doing handmade stuff that is literally identical to daisy etc, but solid gold and near enough the same price. It’s actually mad what these new jewellery companies charge for thinly applied vermeil that looses its shine after a few months - looking at you specifically missoma! However I have had an Astley Clarke bracelet that I’ve worn everyday for about 3 years that is still looking good.
Same, I get my solid gold and gem stone jewellery from Etsy, it's best value I can find. Astley Clarke is nice quality too, it wears very well, but their chains get tangled in my hair and rip it out, wish they would fix that.

Last edited:
I think the "accidental crotch" shots are highly unprofessional. To put it mildly. Good girl next door? Hardly.

Reactions: 9
That jumper is so bobbly and tatty looking. It looks like an outfit she has picked up from a charity shop. Ugly black polyester trousers and an out of shape, oversized washed up bobbly old jumper. I'm not here for it.
This has inspired a new thread title in my head: the Anna Edit - We are NOT here for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Lol this video has 3 things I bought because of Anna: the Kiehl's body wash and centella cleanser (both terrible) and the Clean Reserve fragrance (I love it but I think she only got it because Jamie Genevieve had it first).

Reactions: 8
I love these trousers, I’ve been wearing black flares for atleast a couple of years now 😂 I don’t like Anna’s fashion sense or lack of though. So boring and she can’t pull it off
I love bootcut trousers, hate most of her fashion choices but the bootcut flares I am 'here for'.

Reactions: 3
Another opsie moment from Adna

Someone left this in the comment-

N Arora
8 hours ago (edited)
Hey Anna, thanks for comparing the two curb chains! Just an FYI you’ve linked the Lucy Williams flat chain twice instead of the rounded curb chain, I didn’t realise until after I placed my order but found it on the site :)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There was a comment under her recent video that wasn't all praise, but nothing offensive either, and I thought Anna is so deleting this. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but lo and behold it's no longer there (I'd remember if I saw it again). So mad I didn't take a screen grab.
Another opsie moment from Adna

Someone left this in the comment-

N Arora
8 hours ago (edited)
Hey Anna, thanks for comparing the two curb chains! Just an FYI you’ve linked the Lucy Williams flat chain twice instead of the rounded curb chain, I didn’t realise until after I placed my order but found it on the site :)
So the poor woman ordered the wrong chain? She is way too polite about it.

What the hello is the difference between Anna newton, icovettee, pebble and (similar) other British lifestyle influencers style? They look the same: grey, beige, long coats, jumpers, baggy trousers, ugly retro sunglasses, heavy looking (black) boots, the same gold jewellery everyone on IG owns... what fashion? It's just a specific style that's on repeat. Now that's winter you can experiment with various shades of scarves, hats, gloves, boots. But no. We all know they will add zero colour to their ootd. Gosh,they must take themselves so seriously posing in those unwiped mirrors. How awfully dull and passe. Maybe it's the fashion most prefer but how...yawn.... how boring. They must struggle to stay awake.
I focus more on items, not on the outfits as a whole. I’m way more colourful in the way I dress (although I don’t consider not wearing colour equals not having style), but I can certainly see myself wear things Anna shows. Like the white leather pants or the black trousers on this thread. I would not be able to put up with Anna if there wasn’t anything I was interested in. Sure, I also see her style has changed drastically since she started online, but mine has too. The outfits people often refer to as her “golden days” woud feel dated for me to wear now. I don’t wear skinny jeans anymore either, for example, so I understand Anna moved away from that.

Reactions: 5
'I believe showers have magical properties'

Yeah they do, it's called keeping you clean

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I focus more on items, not on the outfits as a whole. I’m way more colourful in the way I dress (although I don’t consider not wearing colour equals not having style), but I can certainly see myself wear things Anna shows. Like the white leather pants or the black trousers on this thread. I would not be able to put up with Anna if there wasn’t anything I was interested in. Sure, I also see her style has changed drastically since she started online, but mine has too. The outfits people often refer to as her “golden days” woud feel dated for me to wear now. I don’t wear skinny jeans anymore either, for example, so I understand Anna moved away from that.
Totally agree my problem is she’s no longer provides a useful service to justify her existence as an influencer

Reactions: 16
They keep barking about sustainability but who needs razor in 10 colours?

Reactions: 17
Any brand claiming to be sustainable in any sense, but continuously bringing out their product in ~*NEW*~ “must-have” colourways/scents needs to duck right off. Estrid razors and Wild deodorant I am (currently) looking at you.

And influencers like Anna who previously told us the razors are made to “last a lifetime” but is so happy to have the new colour as the latest addition to their bathroom… just duck off with the greenwashing already. It’s such a grubby existence 🤮🤑

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.