The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think first babies quite often have less impact on the figure than the next ones. That’s how it was with me anyway, pinged back a bit with the first and then felt a bit ruined after the second. Not that it matters all that much.

Reactions: 10
I bought the Arket jumper that she mentioned in the video, in size S. It was loose. ADna got it in size M. I think Anna and Lily are quite tall in real life.

Reactions: 3
I bought the Arket jumper that she mentioned in the video, in size S. It was loose. ADna got it in size M. I think Anna and Lily are quite tall in real life.
Anna once mentioned she was "a pretty tall lady" and that she's 5 foot 7. Turns out that's 170 cm and not something I'd call "pretty tall", but maybe that depends on where you live.

Also, they (influencers) stretch the tit out of their photos to appear taller/slimmer.

ETA: OK, so it appears the average height for women in UK is 160 cm, so fair play I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Anna once mentioned she was "a pretty tall lady" and that she's 5 foot 7. Turns out that's 170 cm and not something I'd call "pretty tall", but maybe that depends on where you live.

Also, they (influencers) stretch the tit out of their photos to appear taller/slimmer.

ETA: OK, so it appears the average height for women in UK is 160 cm, so fair play I guess.
I’m 5”10 in the Netherlands and would not consider myself very tall here, I’m certainly not the tallest of my friends. When I lived in London, I did feel tall. I remember that when friends would come over and we would all go out, we really felt like a group a tall girls together. I know Lily always describes herself as tall, I think she’d be an average height here.

Reactions: 11
average height for a woman in the uk is 5’4” so she’s above average but not tall.

No need for everyone to start sharing their own height 🙉

I wanted to add my own safety razor experience to the mix as I put off getting one for years, thinking I would cut myself to shreds.

However I couldn’t be happier with the switch. Had to go slowly the first few times - you have to work out the correct angle, use a light press etc - but after a few uses it’s as quick and easy as using a Venus. FYI the one I bought was the Gillette men’s safety razor from Boots when it was on sale for ~£12. Blades are pennies. Definitely worked out for me 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 17
average height for a woman in the uk is 5’4” so she’s above average but not tall.

No need for everyone to start sharing their own height 🙉

I wanted to add my own safety razor experience to the mix as I put off getting one for years, thinking I would cut myself to shreds.

However I couldn’t be happier with the switch. Had to go slowly the first few times - you have to work out the correct angle, use a light press etc - but after a few uses it’s as quick and easy as using a Venus. FYI the one I bought was the Gillette men’s safety razor from Boots when it was on sale for ~£12. Blades are pennies. Definitely worked out for me 👍
No problem, I’ll hop over to Lizzy & Lindsey’s thread then, we always discuss height there (because of the photo stretching).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Boob size after babies is a completely individual thing. Some stay larger, some go smaller. I BF for only a v short time but my cup size increased (a lot!) and never really went back down. I've friends who BF and after the initial increase they were left with not much at all.

I'm 5'4" 😁

Reactions: 4
5’1 no wonder I cannot fit Arket lmao. I knew it for a long time it is for tall people but I never learnt my lesson.

Like short people problems are massive. You cannot find jeans that fit. You cannot find sleeve that fits. You cannot reach the top shelf in Tesco.

Reactions: 24
There was a vlog Fleur filmed in LA (I think) and Anna was on it and absolutely towered over her, so I actually thought she was taller than that. I guess Fleur is tiny.
5’1 no wonder I cannot fit Arket lmao. I knew it for a long time it is for tall people but I never learnt my lesson..
This is good to know. I’m 5’10 and nothing ever fits my torso. Really don’t want to wear Arket, but it may have to happen. What’s the quality like?

Reactions: 6
Is this the men's jumper? I'm 5'7 (same as Anna) and I would probably go for size S in that because it's men's. I would only go for M in men's if I wanted an oversized fit, which I guess is what Anna likes.

Reactions: 2
There was a vlog Fleur filmed in LA (I think) and Anna was on it and absolutely towered over her, so I actually thought she was taller than that. I guess Fleur is tiny.

This is good to know. I’m 5’10 and nothing ever fits my torso. Really don’t want to wear Arket, but it may have to happen. What’s the quality like?
I think &other stories and Arket are for tall people. Generally speaking. The quality of the jumper is good, it is thick. I have a few of their basic T shirt, I like it.
They have a 14% discount code arketunidays, you don’t need to register on Unidays it seems.

I think &other stories and Arket are for tall people. Generally speaking. The quality of the jumper is good, it is thick. I have a few of their basic T shirt, I like it.
They have a 14% discount code arketunidays, you don’t need to register on Unidays it seems.
You have to take in consideration that those are Swedish brands, so their clothes will be a bit bigger on shorter people, as Swedes are tall.
Same goes for Zara; a Spanish brand from a country where people are shorter. I'm 178 cm and hate shopping there as the sleeves of every jumper, blouse, coat etc are always too short on me.

Reactions: 11
Thanks doll. That code didn’t work but this one does- if anyone else is reading this; ARKETSTUDENT
I bought a gorgeous long jumper - we’ll see if it fits me any better!

Reactions: 7
You have to take in consideration that those are Swedish brands, so their clothes will be a bit bigger on shorter people, as Swedes are tall.
Same goes for Zara; a Spanish brand from a country where people are shorter. I'm 178 cm and hate shopping there as the sleeves of every jumper, blouse, coat etc are always too short on me.
I am aware but you know wishful thinking ahahah. I am returning f this today.
For short people, I recommend Uniqlo because it is a Japanese brand.

The one piece I ever bought from &otherstories, influenced by Anna and Lily, was a turtleneck knitted sweater and though perfectly nice was designed to sit quite cropped in the body and long in the sleeves (not advertised as cropped though so I was surprised) and ultimately I've given it to my sister to wear as it doesn't look good on me. I'm 5'5" with pretty average proportions in terms of torso and leg length.

I second Uniqlo it's a great brand and far more reasonably priced. It's my go to now.

I mentioned earlier this week I’m 5ft7 size 14 and bought that jumper in a medium and the oversized hopsack blazer with the matching trouser in a 14

the jumper i swopped to a small and it’s great would recommend

the suit went back as the blazer shoulders were far too wide an inch and a half past my natural shoulder and far wider than all the other 14 blazers I own, and the elastic on the trousers was tight they fitted but the whole idea of an elasticated waist is comfort but they’d elasticated the waist so much it looked like a 10/12 on the hanger it would have felt uncomfortable after a meal

• Heart
The one piece I ever bought from &otherstories, influenced by Anna and Lily, was a turtleneck knitted sweater and though perfectly nice was designed to sit quite cropped in the body and long in the sleeves (not advertised as cropped though so I was surprised) and ultimately I've given it to my sister to wear as it doesn't look good on me. I'm 5'5" with pretty average proportions in terms of torso and leg length.

I second Uniqlo it's a great brand and far more reasonably priced. It's my go to now.
I think I know which one! They have nice cookout though. I don’t understand cropped jumper, like why?! Is cold and I don’t want my belly to be exposed to cold wind

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.