The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we’ll see an influx of influencers leaving YouTube in the coming months. It’s not a viable source of income for them anymore, especially when it’s so easy to swipe up on Instagram now. Anna will be soon I reckon, and Shilly Beggles will go immediately after her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Waiting for Nana to post so we can move on from astrology:p:sneaky:
I think this is even more interesting than the 'school age chat.' 😐

I think we’ll see an influx of influencers leaving YouTube in the coming months. It’s not a viable source of income for them anymore, especially when it’s so easy to swipe up on Instagram now. Anna will be soon I reckon, and Shilly Beggles will go immediately after her.
I think so too. Tanya Burr is long gone, Niomi Smart is semi-retired, and Fleur has just announced her departure. I think Anna will be next. She clearly doesn't want to share a whole lot about her life anymore, she just wants to make money. IG is perfect for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’m not sure Anna will leave YouTube. She’s quite astute about keeping fingers in pies, ie keeping a presence on platforms so she’s not as vulnerable to tech changes. YouTube isn’t the cool kid right now but cutting it off would make her a lot more dependent on Instagram. And she’s savvy in that regard, eg keeping her own blog & newsletter going when many others in her position couldn’t be bothered.

Also a lot of her content is doubled (and even tripled) up across platforms - which i find annoying but she is good at really wringing everything out. For example outfit clips in vlogs will appear as Instagram pics. Minimum effort for maximum output - so yes dropping YouTube would free them up but it’s nowhere near the time/effort saving it would be if the YouTube output was standalone content.

So I don’t think Anna will quit YouTube just yet but she may well scale down and drop the frequency even further at times. Another way to look at it is that even if YouTube isn’t the money spinner it used to be, it remains a good way to connect with your audience and with other influencers dropping out it leaves the ones who stay a bigger piece of the attention pie.

She’s not ventured onto TikTok yet has she?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m not sure Anna will leave YouTube. She’s quite astute about keeping fingers in pies, ie keeping a presence on platforms so she’s not as vulnerable to tech changes. YouTube isn’t the cool kid right now but cutting it off would make her a lot more dependent on Instagram. And she’s savvy in that regard, eg keeping her own blog & newsletter going when many others in her position couldn’t be bothered.

Also a lot of her content is doubled (and even tripled) up across platforms - which i find annoying but she is good at really wringing everything out. For example outfit clips in vlogs will appear as Instagram pics. Minimum effort for maximum output - so yes dropping YouTube would free them up but it’s nowhere near the time/effort saving it would be if the YouTube output was standalone content.

So I don’t think Anna will quit YouTube just yet but she may well scale down and drop the frequency even further at times. Another way to look at it is that even if YouTube isn’t the money spinner it used to be, it remains a good way to connect with your audience and with other influencers dropping out it leaves the ones who stay a bigger piece of the attention pie.

She’s not ventured onto TikTok yet has she?
Don’t forget, she is on Goodreads - linking all her AF link there too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Anna still has a newsletter (I think, never read it myself), I doubt she’ll be leaving YouTube any time soon.

Reactions: 10
I can imagine Anna being the type to take her smallish YouTube revenue, chuck it straight into some investment pot, and just let it sit and grow until she’s 70. A part of me respects how sensible she is, but she’s so grating I’m annoyed at myself for respecting her in any way lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t reckon she’ll go anywhere for a while. One video a week is not a huge amount of work (especially when two of them work ‘full time’ on her content) and it quietly ticks along in the background getting ad revenue. Brands aren’t looking to partner on videos in the same way as they are for social content but it doesn’t harm her to keep a broader output and she no doubt also makes some cash from people watching her older videos.

As much as it pains me to line her pockets - and I don’t click aff links on principle because of that - I do enjoy nostalgically watching her videos from around 2014 when I first found out about the YT beauty world and she lived in the London flat and seemed to have fun.

Reactions: 11
I really enjoyed the insightful discussion her and Mark had about his meeting with the builder - apparently Mark got ‘good vibes’ 🙄 I’m sure as a professional tradesman he would be delighted to hear that was the feedback 🙄🙄 #idiots

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The Virgo theme is highly visible in every single of her threads (made by many posters before me). I never cared enough about her to check her d.o.b. until so many people here would call her sign too many times so I took the liberty to find out the accuracy. If so many others call her Virgo, some can as well call her a Libra cusp. Haha.

Adding new content: the last photo on the IG made it for me. She is the sweater girl.

Reactions: 4
So looks like she’s verging on her forties. Goes to show, expensive skincare does duck all.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I can imagine Anna being the type to take her smallish YouTube revenue, chuck it straight into some investment pot, and just let it sit and grow until she’s 70. A part of me respects how sensible she is, but she’s so grating I’m annoyed at myself for respecting her in any way lol.
Sensible? The woman who spent $700 on a single pair of flip flops?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So looks like she’s verging on her forties. Goes to show, expensive skincare does duck all.
I am a much closer to 40 than her and my skin is much better. I use a face wash and moisturiser from Aldi. Glad I saved my money for wine and holidays!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I use basic Nivea moisturiser and have been mistaken for under 25 (id check 25 policy) twice this week alone, I’m 33 and sometimes think the minor lines around my eyes are ageing me when I keeping it simple has kept me looking youthful.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember a model years ago, might have been Ruth Crilley, said a good tip when taking photos was to put your tongue behind your top teeth as it makes your smile seem relaxed. I always thought Anna had latched on to this hard, then tried it and botched it right up and then Mark said it looked great so she went with it.

Oh I found a link to something similar. ...Anna's weird tongue smile

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Re the tongue thing. It was a tip Jessica Simpson use to give / do back in the day as a way to make her face look slimmer and get rid of a double chin. Knowing how much Anna loves reality tv, I wouldn't be surprised if she picked this tip up by watching Newlyweds re-runs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.