Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheepsmeadow

Even if you make good use of an item, you have and wear it for years, I still don’t consider it an investment. To me, the word investment is meant for things that may increase in value and you can earn a profit at some point. Anything else, regardless of how useful it is and how much you enjoy it, is a purchase in my opinion.
I understand your point, and, indeed, that is the literal textbook definition of the word. However, economists (disclaimer: I’m an economist by training) would say an investment does not necessarily have to have monetary returns; it can also lead non-monetary returns such as utility or enjoyment. In reality, any time we buy something, we are making an investment, i.e., hoping to get a return be it because we can make money out of it or get utility/enjoyment from it; otherwise, we wouldn’t part with our money. If we buy something expensive that we end up using for a lot more years than a cheap item, we could say it was a better investment, i.e. we got more utility or use from it, even if we never resell it. If we do resell it and are lucky enough to make money off it, the returns would be not only the money we made but also the enjoyment we got from it. Just because clothing will almost always depreciate in value doesn’t mean we shouldn’t approach purchases with an “investment” mindset. That said, I wholeheartedly agree that influencers, Anna included, use the term too freely. They don’t have true capsule wardrobes, so no, they are not getting as much utility from each item of clothing and therefore not really making wise investments (then again, they don’t actually buy the items and earn a shitload of money from affiliate links, so I guess they are getting infinite returns 🤣).

• Heart
Reactions: 28

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
There was a comment under her recent video that wasn't all praise, but nothing offensive either, and I thought Anna is so deleting this. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but lo and behold it's no longer there (I'd remember if I saw it again). So mad I didn't take a screen grab.
IMG_20211125_153910.jpg

Ahhh, now I remember! She must've been flogging these razors in the video, because the comment that's now gone was something along the lines of hair removal laser tool not being that great since she still needs to shave (I guess at one point she was flogging the mentioned laser tool).
Pathetic.

• Haha
  • Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
So how much does Mark feature in today's vlog on a scale of 1-10? If it's more than a 6 I don't think I can bring myself to watch.

I can't understand how it hasn't yet occurred to Anna that people just don't want to watch creepy Mark and his socks and sandals and potatoes and 'birdwatching'.

• Haha
  • Sick

particularparsnip

she literally said the same things about the different brands/items, all of them are great everyday pieces that you don't have to take off, simple, elegant etc it's so lazy

although tbf what is there to say differently about gold chains? this is exactly the sort of ad stuff that gets audiences really pissed off because yeah sure Anna does wear this kind of simple jewelry often but she is literally just shilling two identical things one after the other? Like pick one and align yourself with it, what is the reason you rate this brand over every other one like it etc etc. basic fucking stuff, how now to made your audience jaded 101

Last edited:

fallouou

Why did she says she’s been indulging in retail therapy *lately*. That was all she was doing during lockdown and pregnancy.

• Haha

peppin

VIP Member
another ad break to break from the previous ad break, she really thinks her audience is a herd of stupid cows

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
Those comments on her vlog are still there!!! Mawk, where u at?!
Those comments on the vlog (most liked!), comments (most liked!) calling her out for constant shilling on the last IG pic, plus comments on today's reel about the missing link! Not only do they not bother to read comments these days but they are also half arsing their work to the new level - how can you forget to link the product you're paid to sell!? This is a sackable offense in my books.

• Wow
  • Haha

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Mark, the real MVP.

From the description box of today's video:

The one where I show you my new ‘routine’ - HA! Also sidenote, apologies this vlog is a bit choppy, we had a MARE with clips and this vlog took Mark three days to recover and upload. He is the real MVP!!

• Sick
  • Haha

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
“Hi boss, I know I’m paid to be a lecturer and all, but I just wanted to let you know that I carved out some time in my schedule to teach. I’m not sure how else I’ll get all of my work done. Praise me, please. Praise me.”

Do fuck off, Anna.

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Hey everyone - I'm 5 foot 6.

(Just said that to annoy @PineappleQueen19...)

😂 😂 😂
yes but do you consider yourself to be tall and what about all your friends’ heights and where do you live. Also what month of the year were your children born and how did that affect their development in school 🤣🤣🤣

In other news I see Anna is going all guns blazing on the Black Friday links as predicted. Does she even own the £1600 Marni bag does anyone know?

Attachments

• Haha

LottieRouge12

Her baby is very cute and I was actually surprised she featured him so much in her video. Was expecting a photo or a very short clip at the most. I agree with her stance on keeping her son off socials. Don’t mind that she doesn’t share his face on such a huge platform, especially as he’s so young. I don’t like that she’s already attaching affiliate links to his clothes etc. She should be all in with not exposing her child to social media imo.

I’m actually really annoyed with how she ended the video.

Saying you’re “back” to your job as a lifestyle content creator and sharing home based content that pays enough for you and your husband to not have full time “traditional” employment, but then also saying you’re going to essentially hide the biggest and most demanding aspect of your life doesn’t make sense to me. How can she work promoting a lifestyle but not address the topics of parenting and motherhood on her channels? I would’ve expected her to have maybe 1 video a month talking abit about products/techniques or something related to childcare, just to stay relevant and relatable. I don’t have children so I would probably skip them but it would still be interesting to follow her journey.

To me, completely ignoring a massive chunk of her life and pretending it doesn’t exist at all online, is not an example of an authentic content creator. She has, in essence turned herself into a lifestyle brand (ie: writing an organizational self-help book, promoting organizing hacks, sharing style tips, make up/skincare routines and recipes) but now she will shy away from sharing anything to do with parenthood or childcare?
I’ve lost the little faith and respect I had in her content as this just screams more interest in making money than actually creating honest, relatable connections with your audience.

The only thing I respect about Anna was she will avoid featuring her baby in the future. Anna never mentioned her baby's birthday nor his full name (she doesn't mention if he has a middle name) which is a smart thing to do to try to avoid having his identity being stolen. Identity theft is more rampant than ppl think hence why you shouldn't overshare even on IG regardless if your account is private or not as it's still under the Facebook corp umbrella.

Anna is also trying to avoid what happened to Lily by not featuring baby/mummy content. Lily's content that does well nowadays is her baby stuff only (not even her reno's are doing the numbers it used to) hence why her vlogs do the best (and she hates and resents that fact - she said this on her podcast). Anna absolutely does not want the beauty/fashion sponsorships to dry up - she's a brand snob and can't go back to Whistles now that she's in Net-A-Porter income range.

Anna said she'd mention her favourite baby stuff in her next video and I'm sure she'll make reference of her body and mention her baby in passing but I thought by now ppl know that all influencers are a lifestyle brand. All of them curate their life that makes it looks most appealing (the biz savy ones understand ppl look at their content for escapism). Influencers and the culture around it are a byproduct of crony capitalism.

Last edited:
  • Heart