The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely she’ll AL the clothes, and has already done so. I meant more if she could link to an exact copy/clone of her child, she would. Like “click here to get your very own little Ralph Newton. Technology is WiLd, amirite?” she would.
Maybe it’s too dystopian, but if we were living in that world, I believe she’s pioneer that AL tech.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think it's more about knowing they get money from advertising something they don't wear/use. She hasn't showed any whistle outfit in ages and suddenly she loves them, AHAHA, yeah.

Same with Lizzy, her RI campaign was probably the only time she wore those pieces, nobody buys that "omg, I love this so, so much" narrative. Yes, it would appear more "natural" if Anna wore at least something from the brand, but it wouldn't gloss over the fact she now only wears over-priced and ugly garments she was KInDLy gifted.
The fact is brand like reformation par and sezane will never invite Anna and Lily, so she takes the next best thing- Whistles. Ouch…
View attachment 860846
Their greed knows no bounds.
If she could, she’s AL her actual child.
hahahaha he is so pretentious screaming wannabe danish….

Reactions: 9
I wonder if she has decided to stay in her lane and reach out to Whistles. It’s weird timing that it’s been discussed here that everyone preferred her as a whistles girl, and then she’s at their event. I don’t think she’s done a whistles thing in a while?

Either way it feels disingenuous, as we all know she decided to pivot away from upper high street to become beige in Toteme.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Another vote for hear the name ‘Ralph’ / all I think of is ‘Forever.’

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Of course Mark was the one that proposed this name. Of course is Mark…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Secondary school teacher and librarian: I can confirm that it’s apparently not a thing to read “Forever” anymore! There’s a copy in our library, and it’s never checked out…

Also, my friend’s cat is called Ralph 🐱

Also also, I don’t watch Anna anymore, since all the pregnancy nonsense, so I’ve never heard her say it out loud yet, but can she even pronounce Ralph properly? Or does it end up as “Rawph” with the vocal fry and all? I just can’t picture it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I just realized how non-confrontational, and frankly a coward, Anna really is. By telling her followers to watch Jenn Im’s birth video instead of providing her own birth story, she’s doing nothing to help normalize birth and things that happen during it for others. By all means, set boundaries and delete nasty comments, but she’s doing nothing to support other people going through similar experiences. I really just think she doesn’t want to be criticized as a mom and all those negative judgey mommy vibes.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I just realized how non-confrontational, and frankly a coward, Anna really is. By telling her followers to watch Jenn Im’s birth video instead of providing her own birth story, she’s doing nothing to help normalize birth and things that happen during it for others. By all means, set boundaries and delete nasty comments, but she’s doing nothing to support other people going through similar experiences. I really just think she doesn’t want to be criticized as a mom and all those negative judgey mommy vibes.
You hit the nail on the head, Anna is a coward but I don't think it purely has to do with being a mum. Anna has built her success on being the nice girl and she is lucky she hasn't really faced any major backlash or negativity. Up until Dubai gate Fleur was another good example of this - and she demonstrated that she couldn't handle the backlash either. Look at how Anna behaved (or didn't) with the Appointed drama. She basically removed herself of all blame, ignored it and hoped it would all go away. She privated her 1st trimester video - not because of privacy but because she let her guard down and opened herself to criticism, same with why Mark goes around deleting the negative comments. She wants to bury her head in the sand and stay beige. Anna is not stupid, she will see how viewers react to the 'controversial' stuff Lily comes out with and she 100% could not handle that.

Reactions: 26
I also think it’s incredibly presumptuous of her to essentially claim someone else’s birth story as her own - if someone did that to me I’d be like, excuse me?! You weren’t there! Their birth stories may have been similar, but no two births are ever exactly the same. I think Anna also doesn’t want to talk about her experience cos it would be too “real” and might affect people’s perception of her, it might not fit with her perfect girl next door image.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I personally think it’s an advantage to be young for your school year. Gives you some time later on in life for gap years, etc. My brother is 29 August. Ideal.
My sons are june and July and it’s never been a issue. In pre-school they just separated yeh kids born Sep to April and May to august or something like until school.

Reactions: 2
And here I was thinking we’d finally left the starting school age chat behind us.. 😩

There was an interesting article in The Times today about people feeling jaded about the concept of Black Friday. With that and the sustainability angle that influencers love to try to fudge (‘buy this sustainable item!’ - so greenwashing then) I wonder how influencers like Anna will handle it all. Because they will want to appear sensitive to the current mood but still cash in on those affiliate links. I predict a few ‘caveat’ style stories - ‘only buy what you need! Don’t feel pressure to shop!’ - and then full steam ahead as usual 🤑

Article if anyone’s interested: https://archive.ph/XI9Bq

Reactions: 28
There was an interesting article in The Times today about people feeling jaded about the concept of Black Friday. With that and the sustainability angle that influencers love to try to fudge (‘buy this sustainable item!’ - so greenwashing then) I wonder how influencers like Anna will handle it all. Because they will want to appear sensitive to the current mood but still cash in on those affiliate links. I predict a few ‘caveat’ style stories - ‘only buy what you need! Don’t feel pressure to shop!’ - and then full steam ahead as usual 🤑

Article if anyone’s interested: https://archive.ph/XI9Bq
The thing is, it’s not like influencers are even buying the stuff they’re trying to shill. They’re given it by companies who want them to promote it so they can sell more, and the whole purpose of an influencer is to ‘influence’ other people to buy the stuff. There’s literally no way they can do their job without becoming a part of this obscene cycle. I’m sure people like Anna will try to spin the whole ‘this £500 jumper isn’t fast fashion, it’s made to last so you only need to buy it once!’ and ‘this isn’t a Black Friday deal, it’s always good value!’ but it’s all nonsense. It’s still consumerism, and how many baggy beige jumpers does one person actually need? In some ways it’s worse to sit there acquiring stuff you don’t need, care for or even like that much, just because you’re paid to make other people want it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.