The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is her first trimester video still missing? Has she acknowledged its absence at all if it is gone? I wonder if it really was the karma comment ✨moment✨ that caused her to delete it, if so...

Reactions: 11
I used to be subscribed and watch every video, every week.

I then unsubscribed but still watched relatively regularly.

This got less and less until I would watch occasionally then turn off half way through.

I now don’t watch at all.

Why? Disingenuous and simply dull. The ads are so cringe and everything is repetition. Also can’t relate to her ‘style’ anymore and that’s nothing to do with her pregnancy.

I’m sure there are other viewers like me but will it impact how she does what she gets paid for? I doubt it. Why do something well when you can get paid for low effort. These people literally get paid for absolute tit. It’s disgusting.

Reactions: 36
Haha could have guessed
He's also a professional birdwatcher along with being the world's greatest project manager.

Is her first trimester video still missing? Has she acknowledged its absence at all if it is gone? I wonder if it really was the karma comment ✨moment✨ that caused her to delete it, if so...
I can only think it must have been the karma comment. She must have had some negative feedback for that one. Either that or she went totally TMI with the conception and crying after sex story and decided to remove it. I think I recall her saying on the last episode of the podcast that she sometimes shared too many private details on there- so it could be something along those lines. I don't remember what she actually said in the first trimester video, though.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
He's also a professional birdwatcher along with being the world's greatest project manager.

I can only think it must have been the karma comment. She must have had some negative feedback for that one. Either that or she went totally TMI with the conception and crying after sex story and decided to remove it. I think I recall her saying on the last episode of the podcast that she sometimes shared too many private details on there- so it could be something along those lines. I don't remember what she actually said in the first trimester video, though.
World greatest sperm swimmer. We really need a wiki page for them.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

The crying after sex thing was on the podcast I think, so it must have been the karma comment.

Reactions: 7
The crying after sex thing was on the podcast I think, so it must have been the karma comment.
Ah, right. I wasn't sure if she actually went into the crying after sex thing in the video. I can't remember if I watched it or turned it off after two minutes - which is what I usually do with Anna's videos nowadays!

Must have been the karma comment then. I guess any enquiries as to the whereabouts of that video will just be deleted.

• Wow
  • Sad
New follower of Anna, does anyone knows what Marks job is?
Mark is a photographer and videographer extraordinaire. You can tell from the exquisite quality of Anna’s videos and photos. He makes time during his very busy days for his twitching hobby, spying on the neighbourhood birds with his binoculars.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
10K views in seven hours, yikes.

The worst thing Anna can do at this point is to listen to mark and put it down to pregnancy / impending ‘mummy blogger’ transition being a turnoff.

My advice would be to ask someone with sensitivity at Gleam to go through the last few threads here, get them to make a robust and realistic take on what the core issues are, sit down with Anna to have an honest appraisal and make the necessary adjustments.

Unlikely to happen with mark on the full time gravy train but if it continues as is, he is in danger of pulling them both under.

Like others here I’ve been following Anna for many years now and really held her in high esteem compared to other influencers. I’ve never seen any influencer fall off such a cliff edge (in terms of output quality, work ethic and interest factor) so quickly. It’s quite shocking. Has 30 videos in 30 days ever had such a disastrous outcome for anyone? It feels like a death knell for her channel.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Unlikely to happen with mark on the full time gravy train but if it continues as is, he is in danger of pulling them both under.
This is something I don’t get. Either Anna just really doesn’t give a flying fig (Newton) anymore, or she’s handed everything over to Mark and she really isn’t that aware of her declining views and the negativity. I can kind-of understand Mark maybe wanting to protect Anna but it’s such a short-sighted way to run a business, and if Anna isn’t aware it’ll be a hell of a shock when she comes to pick it up again. This influencer game is so, so fickle and you’d think a couple with (presumably) a big mortgage, renovation costs AND a baby on the way would be trying to future proof themselves. Anna and Mark could genuinely have put themselves in a position where neither would have had to take an outside job ever again, but they just seem to be throwing that opportunity away.

Reactions: 23
This is something I don’t get. Either Anna just really doesn’t give a flying fig (Newton) anymore, or she’s handed everything over to Mark and she really isn’t that aware of her declining views and the negativity. I can kind-of understand Mark maybe wanting to protect Anna but it’s such a short-sighted way to run a business, and if Anna isn’t aware it’ll be a hell of a shock when she comes to pick it up again. This influencer game is so, so fickle and you’d think a couple with (presumably) a big mortgage, renovation costs AND a baby on the way would be trying to future proof themselves. Anna and Mark could genuinely have put themselves in a position where neither would have had to take an outside job ever again, but they just seem to be throwing that opportunity away.
This is what happens when you surround yourself with Yes Men, or as it’s now known, “positive vibes only”. She’s running a business, and to delete the feedback she’s getting is really stupid, especially when there seems to be no change of course.
They’re all going to start sinking soon, and none of them are going to know what to do with themselves because it seems like none of them have a backup plan.
I do find it veryinteresting how fast Anna is going down without a paddle though.
Shes a prime example of insta famous duck ups.
I used to follow Rockstar Diaries or Love Taza as she’s now known and she became insufferable when her husband quit his well paid corporate job in NYC, but now he’s gone back to work her content is so much better.
Go back to work, Mark!

Reactions: 29
Anna and Mark are extremely wrapped up in each other. Are they codependent? Who knows, we don’t see enough to even speculate. I do think though, that they are too close to the point of being unable to see much objectively about each other and therefore Anna’s career is suffering.

And I definitely get Nice Guy™ vibes from Mark. I think it would be tricky to tell him anything vaguely critical. I also think it was his idea to work for her full time, that’s why she gave it a 12 month (or so) trial before telling her audience in case it didn’t work out. And didn’t he put his feet up after probation was over.

She also does the classic (often female) trait of wanting to give him credit *all the time*. It’s over egged so much it sounds sycophantic to the point you know she’s overcompensating for something - doesn’t want him to feel emasculated. The fact is if he’s not comfortable enough to take a supporting role without excessive public praise, it’s not the right job for him. It makes me cross that successful women have to be so careful of men’s egos. I can imagine her telling their friends ‘no he doesn’t work *for* me - we work on the business *together*’. Please!

You definitely need a certain temperament to be an influencer - you can’t listen to *all* the criticism, you’d end up diluting yourself to the point you lose yourself and become too paralysed to try anything new. But nor can you shut yourself off to all feedback. If your core long term followers are leaving in droves somethings got to change ASAP.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
4E6EA6A0-E90B-459E-B29B-7C674774C2D7.jpeg

mindy kaling posted this pic as a joke but anna's brows really look exactly like that 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How is she a "lifetime replacement head buying hater"? Is it so hard to add them to her Ocado order when she needs them or stock up when they're on offer?
She must be very hairy to shave her thighs! How is she going to manage to shave the backs of them?
Why didn't Mark just take a photo of her shaving her calves in the bath with no bump or bizarre bikini in the shot?
I'm going to go out on a limb here, pun intended and say that a large percentage of people that shave their legs, shave their thighs. Especially people of color.

Reactions: 24
I'm going to go out on a limb here, pun intended and say that a large percentage of people that shave their legs, shave their thighs. Especially people of color.
Agree. I do but only in the summer. I have very fine blonde hairs on my thighs (in stark contrast to the wirey monsters that grow below my knees!) But I like my whole leg to be smooth if I am getting them out!

Yeah I’m dark-haired and it would look weird if I had smooth calves and hairy thighs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.