The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t someone find a job advert for an assistant for her and Lily? What happened to that?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Because I am not only petty but also thorough, here's how many times Anna refers to a book as "a read" in her newsletter:

So if you too need some good reads in your life

it was quite a speedy read for me

This is a hard, thought-provoking read

it was one of my favourite reads from last year

Not a page-turner/beach read,

I always struggle to get back into reading after such an epic read

a very important read

Certainly not an easy read

For all of this reading, you think she would have expanded her vocabulary even a TINY bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
and well what kind of office job could Anna get / want?
At first I thought management assistant or office assistant, but she has a proven track record of being unable to out together a coherent sentence so sending office emails is out of the question too. What executive or office would want a secretary / assistant sending out incoherent and mistake ridden emails.* Honestly, there’s nothing else she can do, so she needs to step up her game. A lot.

*and it appears as though she’s not dyslexic either.

Reactions: 10
Anna has totally checked out, if she was my coworker I would be thinking it's time for her to look for another job. But these full time youtubers are kind of stuck - Mark is dependent on her and well what kind of office job could Anna get / want?

I was watching a video by Lucy Moon recently (before anyone's @'s me I find her equally if not more boring than Anna and only watch the odd video here and there) but she mentioned how all the OG youtubers are burning out and that Emma Chamberlain (who I've heard of but never watched) has just bought herself a massive house but seems absolutely miserable. She basically says that its a big mistake to go full time and that the people that seem the happiest are the ones that do youtube part time and have some other means of income that doesn't rely on their youtube brand.
Emma Chamberlain is young on the YT scene compared to Anna and Lily though.

I think Anna and Lily are experiencing what a lot of YTers did from their era, which is we've grown up with these people, and now that the content wave has shifted to personalities and content creation beyond "What's in my bag," we're learning that's all they know and they can't pivot to anything else.

Reactions: 10
It’s more than 48 hours since her upload and just 33,000 views. That seems like a paltry amount to me.
Do we think Mark is shielding her from her lack of views and lagging content? Do we think she can recover from this monumental dip? One would think that after her very day cash grab she’d have more views + followers.

Reactions: 14
Because I am not only petty but also thorough, here's how many times Anna refers to a book as "a read" in her newsletter:

So if you too need some good reads in your life

it was quite a speedy read for me

This is a hard, thought-provoking read

it was one of my favourite reads from last year

Not a page-turner/beach read,

I always struggle to get back into reading after such an epic read

a very important read

Certainly not an easy read

For all of this reading, you think she would have expanded her vocabulary even a TINY bit.
This is what I find quite shallow about influencers jumping on the "books" bandwagon - their reviews entirely turn upon how easy a book was to read or how quickly they got through it. Not everyone can be Sunbeamsjess!

Reactions: 20
It’s so stark the shift from aestically pleasing curated content vs the sloppy amateur content she’s now putting out

She used to be relatable but still professional. She looked put together, and images were considered and well composed. Now it’s so slapdash, doesn’t look like a professional influencers page.
Fire him Anna. Hire an actual assistant who is talented with photography and interested in beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Who will make your job easier not harder!
i physically gag when i see that photo of her on her feed with her belly out looking like shes just had a wank omg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
This is what I find quite shallow about influencers jumping on the "books" bandwagon - their reviews entirely turn upon how easy a book was to read or how quickly they got through it. Not everyone can be Sunbeamsjess!
thanks for putting into words what has bothered me about that matter for so long! Instead of taking their time to UNDERSTAND the book and trying to figure it out, most influencers just go on about how hard it was to read and how it went over their head. Yeah well duck, you need to use your brain sometimes. It seems like the whole reading thing is a race to them who can "read" the most amount of books in the shortest period of time. Not actually absorbing the content and reflecting upon it.
I've always wondered why it takes me ages to read a book and thought maybe I was stupid for needing so much time, but I think I just take my time to think about the content?

Reactions: 25
thanks for putting into words what has bothered me about that matter for so long! Instead of taking their time to UNDERSTAND the book and trying to figure it out, most influencers just go on about how hard it was to read and how it went over their head. Yeah well duck, you need to use your brain sometimes. It seems like the whole reading thing is a race to them who can "read" the most amount of books in the shortest period of time. Not actually absorbing the content and reflecting upon it.
I've always wondered why it takes me ages to read a book and thought maybe I was stupid for needing so much time, but I think I just take my time to think about the content?
I can recognise it because I went through the same thing when I had a number based reading goal... it leads you to choose certain types of books to reach it. But it's rewarding to read longer / more challenging books! At the same time, reading should be fun and no judgment for reading what you enjoy... but surely analysis can go further than "it's an easy / not easy read"

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly, no judgment intended, just sometimes rubs me the wrong way that all they take away from book is "It wasn't an easy read" when it's a book that needs reflecting. Like they paint it as a bad thing when you have to use a bit of brainpower

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This woman can’t even handle 1984 haha she needs to stop with all book games. Maybe she can read a few Sophie Kinsella instead. Sorry, I am super bitchy today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s more than 48 hours since her upload and just 33,000 views. That seems like a paltry amount to me.
Do we think Mark is shielding her from her lack of views and lagging content? Do we think she can recover from this monumental dip? One would think that after her very day cash grab she’d have more views + followers.
Poor views in the run up to her maternity leave will not do her career any favours.

Anna said she hasn't pre filmed for her mat leave (which is fair enough) but if her last few videos bomb, I can't see her viewers rushing back in her return.

Reactions: 11
Honestly, what has happened to Anna? I used to think she seems cool and quite chic. Now she is drab. Sorry but I am gonna say it... I hate Mark. He is dull, seems controlling and creepy. If he went back to work, I am sure her content would be better.

Reactions: 30
Agreed. Her content really started to deteriorate when he started ‘working’ with her full time.

If I had to play a game called ‘Marko Newton word association’, my answers would be ‘bird-watching, slippers, cardigans, creepy gurning smiles, taking dreadfully poor quality photos/video footage of Anna wearing beige and/or white.’

Hopefully Anna’s declining views on her YTs plus the time away from ‘work’ for mat leave wolll make her see the wood for the trees about her poorly performing co-worker. She needs to cut him loose work-wise IMO.

Honestly, what has happened to Anna? I used to think she seems cool and quite chic. Now she is drab. Sorry but I am gonna say it... I hate Mark. He is dull, seems controlling and creepy. If he went back to work, I am sure her content would be better.

Reactions: 11
Agreed. Her content really started to deteriorate when he started ‘working’ with her full time.

If I had to play a game called ‘Marko Newton word association’, my answers would be ‘bird-watching, slippers, cardigans, creepy gurning smiles, taking dreadfully poor quality photos/video footage of Anna wearing beige and/or white.’

Hopefully Anna’s declining views on her YTs plus the time away from ‘work’ for mat leave wolll make her see the wood for the trees about her poorly performing co-worker. She needs to cut him loose work-wise IMO.
Don't forget "socks and sandals."

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.