The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

It’s so weird, she never used to be this annoying, now she’s like a cliche riddled parody of herself - and I for one am NOT here for it 😂
I braved the wardrobe video to see if it was as bad as everyone said - it is! No way would you have your clothes uncovered in that room. She also introduced the new shelving unit as this "bad boy" - another cliche. I remember people used to say this when I was at uni 18 years ago! Looking at the floor especially in that room made my skin crawl.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think Anna and Mark are secretly 80 years old and have made a pact with a demon to age in about 0.5 speed, that's why they talk like grandparents and behave the way they do.
I'm running out of explanations as to how Anna has changed so much over the past two years. 😅 It was a bit shocking to see the pictures of her in today's video, some of them maybe a year old but she seemed so much younger and less like the personification of a beige geriatric sandal. And to be honest, Mark seemed way younger and less annoying too. He used to be really into his bike and pretty fit, nothing left of that now...I think the both got comfortable when they started working together.

I wonder if they ever look back and think the same thing?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Also, who the hell says swimming costume these days?????
My ex-husband says swimming costume and the first time he told me to pack one, I laughed and laughed. We were only 25 and it felt like we traveled back into WWII era with that phrase. Legit hadn’t heard that since I was a child until then, but of course leave it to Anna to resurrect the oldest, frumpiest terms. Jeez even her vocabulary is a total train wreck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
My ex-husband says swimming costume and the first time he told me to pack one, I laughed and laughed. We were only 25 and it felt like we traveled back into WWII era with that phrase. Legit hadn’t heard that since I was a child until then, but of course leave it to Anna to resurrect the oldest, frumpiest terms. Jeez even her vocabulary is a total train wreck.
I feel dense… what do you call it instead?! 🙈 To me “bathing suit” is the ultimate frumpy term for it haha

t

totally agree -- her content is so so so repetitive, and decreases in quality. I do believe she enjoys making vlogs. But i truly don't see the value in watching her content anymore? Unless you just enjoy her personality , but i don't know how sustainable that business model is (hint: it's not)
I think the fact that she (and Lily) haven’t cracked 500k on YouTube is telling, and I can’t see them building an audience now, unless they both become full on ‘mummy bloggers’. Neither are creative and neither have a niche. They’re not fully luxe, but they’re not high street either.

I say bathers or swimmers, but am Australian.

Reactions: 11
I'm still very surprised how Mark left his engineering job to work with Anna full time. Is Anna making that much money?! I just can't see how they can support themselves without one of them having a regular job unless he is working remotely as a freelancer. Any insight?

Reactions: 8
I'm still very surprised how Mark left his engineering job to work with Anna full time. Is Anna making that much money?! I just can't see how they can support themselves without one of them having a regular job unless he is working remotely as a freelancer. Any insight?
She is making that much, sadly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
As a non-native English speaker, I love the little swimming costume/bathing suit/swim suit debate, lol!

These are the things you can feel self conscious about when speaking English, not being sure if you’re using the right term. And then it turns out it varies per person. Just like in your own language.

Yes, Anna makes a lot of money and Mark was probably on a not too high income as a starter. I don’t know the alleged numbers anymore (and since I’m not from the UK I don’t want to get it wrong here). But to give you an idea, a month of swipe ups/affiliate links during vlogmas can already earn a small influencer a lot of money.

Look into what influencers like Anna make and you’ll have a better understanding of why Mark and Anna decided that he quit his job and not commute into London anymore. In previous threads there were also accidental screen shots of Anna’s revenue a small affiliate link from Anna, that was already a lot and that wasn’t even a brand deal. Plus, the annual statements of Anna’s company are public of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Anna is, in fact, making that much money! She spoke about this on the podcast where she said that in the year that Mark had been working with her, they had made more money than their salaries combined the previous year when he'd been working his regular job. She said she had been able to take on more work, have a faster turnaround etc. with him working with her and I got the impression that she had made a lot more money since he had joined her. The podcast was a while back, so I can't remember exactly what was said, but something along those lines. She is raking it in!

On the swimsuit issue, well, I would call it a 'swimsuit.' When I was a kid, I used to say 'togs,' and if I'm bringing my nephew to the beach, I will still ask him if he's remembered his 'togs.' I don't know if this is just an Irish thing, but we all said 'togs' or 'swimming togs' when we were kids.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
As a non-native English speaker, I love the little swimming costume/bathing suit/swim suit debate, lol!

These are the things you can feel self conscious about when speaking English, not being sure if you’re using the right term. And then it turns out it varies per person. Just like in your own language.

Yes, Anna makes a lot of money and Mark was probably on a not too high income as a starter. I don’t know the alleged numbers anymore (and since I’m not from the UK I don’t want to get it wrong here). But to give you an idea, a month of swipe ups/affiliate links during vlogmas can already earn a small influencer a lot of money.

Look into what influencers like Anna make and you’ll have a better understanding of why Mark and Anna decided that he quit his job and not commute into London anymore. In previous threads there were also accidental screen shots of Anna’s revenue a small affiliate link from Anna, that was already a lot and that wasn’t even a brand deal. Plus, the annual statements of Anna’s company are public of course.
Reminds of when some friends in the US and I (non-native speaker) had a conversation about water pipes, but I didn't call it "hookah", I kept saying "hooker". Big difference, wanted to disappear into a hole in the ground immediately. 🤦‍♀️

To your second point: the accidental screenshot showed she earned around 2.500 pounds through swipe ups/affiliate links, not sure in which time frame but I guess either a week or a month. In any case, a fuckload of money. Let's assume that it was within a week and she kept that going for an entire month, they'd have around 10.000 pounds JUST in affiliate links and I doubt Mark made that kind of money in his old job, maybe not even half. So yes, from a financial standpoint, it absolutely made sense for him to quit his job. Anyway, that was before the daily cash grab started, I assume she made an absolut fuckload of money over the past month because the quality of content doesn't matter if your peasants still use aff. links.

Artistically and quality wise Anna would still be better off without his "input".

I think the fact that she (and Lily) haven’t cracked 500k on YouTube is telling, and I can’t see them building an audience now, unless they both become full on ‘mummy bloggers’. Neither are creative and neither have a niche. They’re not fully luxe, but they’re not high street either.

I say bathers or swimmers, but am Australian.
Gleam thinks otherwise lol
1625043149674.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Wait she spend £650 on a shelving unit for her temporary wardrobe room that exposes all her clothes to the damp?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel dense… what do you call it instead?! 🙈 To me “bathing suit” is the ultimate frumpy term for it haha
Somebody needs to answer this! I admit I’m old (and tired) but genuinely, what do you call a swimming costume these days if not a swimming costume? I might say ‘cozzie’ if I’m feeling all informal but what do you call a one piece item of clothing that you wear when swimming?

Reactions: 16
I’m American and grew up with it being a swimsuit and a bathing suit. That was for a one piece, and a 2 piece was wither called a bikini or a swimsuit.
I’m now living on continental Europe and call it all a swim suit, but I also don’t own a bikini.

Reactions: 8
Somebody needs to answer this! I admit I’m old (and tired) but genuinely, what do you call a swimming costume these days if not a swimming costume? I might say ‘cozzie’ if I’m feeling all informal but what do you call a one piece item of clothing that you wear when swimming?
Idk I’m 22 and I’ve always called it a swimming costume my whole life, bathing suit sounds like something only posh people would call it, I have no clue what else it would be called

Bikini if it’s two piece. Swimming suit or swim suit for one piece. That’s what I call it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
That is just wild to me - I can't believe they make that much! I'll need to find that podcast!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.