The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, you can smell damp when you walk into somewhere, no matter how much air freshener someone’s used. Where I live, there are thousands of Victorian/Edwardian terraced houses and it’s well known that they weren’t built to the highest standards and they tend to suffer from damp. We looked round a few when we were buying and there were some where you knew there was a bigger problem the moment you walked through the door, because they smelt so fusty (or they’d reek of damp overlaid with Febreeze/Glade Plug-ins because they were trying to cover it up). I really don’t think this was all hidden and I just think they wanted the house and got caught in a bidding war. Anna has said it’s their forever home so maybe they’re just thinking that anything they spend, they‘ll get back eventually. I do think that ‘Super Project Man’ maybe hasn’t done his homework though and it’s a bigger job than they thought.
We had a similar thing when purchased our house - there was damp on the chimney breast they’d tried to cover up but it came up in the survey anyway so we negotiated a lower price. When we moved in it was the first thing we dealt with….we definitely didn’t put a load of furniture in the room let alone clothes!

Reactions: 15
I am from up norrth so always find house prices in the south shocking but also understand why to an extent. HOWEVER i cannot believe the paid so much for a terraced house, even if its an end terrace and they tend to be bigger..? its not even semi detached!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m sure I remember her saying that her parents had come with them on their second viewing of the house.

The only reason I can think of as to why her parents didn’t advise them not to pay such a huge amount for such a damaged property is that the previous owners had some very strategically placed furniture in these rooms.
Yeah, I remember her saying her parents came to the second viewing with them. I also recall her saying that either her mum or dad said to her something along the lines of 'I can tell this is the one,' by the way Anna reacted to the house. I am surprised if her parents didn't say anything about the state of the place (from what Anna has told us, they seem like sensible, frugal types - although who knows if this is actually true) but in this case I don't think it would have mattered what anybody said to Anna as it seems she had her heart set on this place for whatever reason. We know from Anna's wardrobe that it doesn't necessarily have to look good for her to like it, it just has to be expensive; I think the same goes for this house.

I also think the previous owners did some clever cover ups with a fresh paint job or perhaps hid certain things from view. They had a survey done, of course, but a survey won't pick up everything. Also, while the survey will pick up damp, the levels of damp may not be fully apparent until you actually dig a little deeper.

Reactions: 23
I agree with the suggestion that Anna thought she would get lots of the reno work #gifted like Lily did.

I think the difference is that

1. Lily was probably in her peak when they bought the house.
2. She had a wealthy dad to fall back on who has experience in the property game.
3. It wasn't in the middle of a global pandemic!

I think we were all surprised at how underwhelming a purchase of a £1mil property could be!

Reactions: 27
It can't have been that good of a survey if they didn't move furniture to find these damp spots.
I had an *ahem* minor dispute with an engineer over a survey before and was told that these surveys are 'sight only;' the surveyor is not permitted to move items of furniture etc. I don't know if this is 100% true or if he was lying out of his ass, but in any case, a lot of these surveys are not very thorough in my opinion, and it's not until you're actually living in the house that you'll start finding out about a lot of the 'hidden issues!' I am in Ireland, by the way, so aware surveys might be different or more thorough in the UK. I also think Anna said they paid for a more in-depth survey.

Reactions: 14
I think when viewing a house during summer can ultimately hide some stuff away. True that they had a survey done but until they can really see it with their own eyes, I guess word is just word.

Reactions: 7
I had an *ahem* minor dispute with an engineer over a survey before and was told that these surveys are 'sight only;' the surveyor is not permitted to move items of furniture etc. I don't know if this is 100% true or if he was lying out of his ass, but in any case, a lot of these surveys are not very thorough in my opinion, and it's not until you're actually living in the house that you'll start finding out about a lot of the 'hidden issues!' I am in Ireland, by the way, so aware surveys might be different or more thorough in the UK. I also think Anna said they paid for a more in-depth survey.
I’m in London and have gone through the buying process twice. The surveys never pick up on half of the problems with a property, it’s nearly impossible to. The surveyors really only check things on sight and will never pick up on the extent of a problem.
Both properties we’ve bought have had leaking roofs! The surveyor would just never spot it on a dry day if there’s no water damage.

However, you would bleeping spot a massive patch of damp on the wall and have the common sense to not store your collection of designer knitwear right next to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m in London and have gone through the buying process twice. The surveys never pick up on half of the problems with a property, it’s nearly impossible to. The surveyors really only check things on sight and will never pick up on the extent of a problem.
Both properties we’ve bought have had leaking roofs! The surveyor would just never spot it on a dry day if there’s no water damage.

However, you would bleeping spot a massive patch of damp on the wall and have the common sense to not store your collection of designer knitwear right next to it.
Honestly Lily and Anna can do a no one told me series you know

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What a grim reminder those two are that common sense really isn't that common....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I started off watching most of her daily videos just to see what the quality was like but I haven't been able to stomach even trying the last week or so, they're so low effort it's untrue, it makes me feel quite sick that she will have earned more in this month of terrible quality work that it has taken two of them to produce than myself and most of my colleagues in the NHS probably earn in a year.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Can surveys be corrupted by the current owners trying to sell?
I think you can lie about anything, and the whole house selling/buying process in the UK is a mess. When we bought our house I seem to remember that there were three levels of survey, basic, middling and then the full structural one. As our house wasn’t *that* old or that big we paid a bit more for the middle one, and honestly it wasn’t great, but it was apparently more through than the basic one which I think you have to have if you’re getting a mortgage. From what I was told, the basic survey pretty much just confirms that there is a house there … Our middling survey had obviously been written from a template and had lots of generic statements like ‘as the house was built in this period, we assume that this building material will have been used and there will be such and such here’, but they didn’t actually check much. They also added an extra nought to the valuation by accident which caused us hours of fun with the bank!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I agree with the suggestion that Anna thought she would get lots of the reno work #gifted like Lily did.

I think the difference is that

1. Lily was probably in her peak when they bought the house.
2. She had a wealthy dad to fall back on who has experience in the property game.
3. It wasn't in the middle of a global pandemic!

I think we were all surprised at how underwhelming a purchase of a £1mil property could be!
Lily was also VERY lucky that her reno was done before the changes to the rules in declaring gifted items or services - she was able to be more sneaky about declaring what was actually gifted/discounted than Anna would be able to be now.

Reactions: 24
Bit of recap:

- Anna keeps showing her damp and damaged house, and OH MY WORD, they spent £1million on it;
- Mark can’t do anything except birdwatch and grow one potato;
- He may as well film Anna’s content using that one potato as a lens, the quality would be much of a muchness;
- Anna is pregnant through the act of good karma, in case you hadn’t heard about it;
- Their lives seem so dull and empty, so the house is essentially a metaphor at this point;
- She’s still dressed entirely in creased beige;
- They are currently on a babymoon break (shudder).
Wait, when did she say she got pregnant though good karma? Where the hell did she get this from

Reactions: 3
Good karma from waitrose and partners, glossier, cult beauty shameless shilling

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Title by Sounimpressed and Foxyrin 👌

I find it so hard to make a recap... of what? their empty life? the daily edit june vlog whatever they call it Oh my word giigle giggle videos.....

Old thread link

Here is the last nauseating vomit inducing moment from the last thread:
View attachment 638176

Happy tattling loves :love:
This has honestly made me feel quite ill like how is she not even a little embarrassed? Why would you not try to hide that spot or better put your expensive clothing somewhere that isn't damp and mouldy? If this is some misguided attempt attempt at being '#relatable' she needs help. I'd understand if they didn't have the means or resources to get it sorted but this is a £1m house ffs with more than enough rooms to store clothes in. It's just funny to me how rich people can practically flaunt things like this and not be looked down upon or ridiculed. And yes it's harsh but how do you drop a cool £1m on a house with this much damp and not deal with it IMMEDIATELY especially when you have a baby on the way!

Reactions: 21
I am from up norrth so always find house prices in the south shocking but also understand why to an extent. HOWEVER i cannot believe the paid so much for a terraced house, even if its an end terrace and they tend to be bigger..? its not even semi detached!!
wait. a. minute. I thought the house was on its own plot & didn’t share walls with neighbors. Does terraced mean they share walls?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.