The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a much more basic point than all of the actually excellent points being made on here this evening:

Yet another reason why I simply don’t believe that Anna is a reader, nor does she spend much time in the online sphere dedicated to reading and critiquing books, is her continued reliance on GoodReads. If she was actually a proper reader and reviewer, she would know that most of us have already jumped ship to StoryGraph. It’s been pretty well publicised on social media as a good alternative to GoodReads.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well, I read and I’ve never even been on Goodreads or anything like that.

Reactions: 18
Well, I read and I’ve never even been on Goodreads or anything like that.
I think the poster (can't remember who) was spot on when they said it's not about the books or reading but about ticking things off a list and speeding through a target. Goodreads is a way to do this and make your profile public. It's just another big list for Nana and she can AL all the books. I too love reading and don't use goodreads it's about the intrinsic pleasure from reading a book not publicly boasting about it and competitively racing through as many books as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Did anyone put the newsletter through a plagiarism finder? I don’t reckon these are her own words.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Not that bloody Toteme jumper again. It looks so bobbly.
Honestly, she sets herself up as some kind of clothes-storage guru but then doesn’t carry out any kind of basic care of her expensive designer items. Buy a bobble-shaver and spend an evening shaving bobbles off your jumpers! It’s just about the level of excitement that Mark and Anna can cope with and it’d make everything look so much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
that's one thing I'm with her on, I love shorts/sandals with a sweater! perfect for evenings near the beach when it get a little chilly, warm enough in general to have your legs out but the sweater helps with the breeze. her specific look with the bobbles and awful pants is not great though. it can be done cutely!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly, she sets herself up as some kind of clothes-storage guru but then doesn’t carry out any kind of basic care of her expensive designer items. Buy a bobble-shaver and spend an evening shaving bobbles off your jumpers! It’s just about the level of excitement that Mark and Anna can cope with and it’d make everything look so much better.
Oh she has one, there are several videos on how to shave your jumpers on her channel

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She also the only idiot wearing a winter jumper in summer. You wear a jacket so you can remove it when it is warm
I prefer a jumper over a jacket most of the time as well. Nothing like being at the beach in the evening, with your knits over your bikini.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I prefer a jumper over a jacket most of the time as well. Nothing like being at the beach in the evening, with your knits over your bikini.
I have a couple of little cardigans over dresses in the evenings but I “try” not to look like a ragbag! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's washing day in my house and I've left it way too long once again so all I had left to wear today was a beige floaty blouse and a pair of beige pyjama pants. Not only did I look bleeping ridiculous, but my postman probably thought I had joined a cult. I was paying my veggies a visit in the garden and suddenly felt weirdly compelled to let everyone know how well my tomatoes are doing. I'VE TURNED INTO bleeping MARK AND ANNA. Can't wait for my washing to be dry so I can escape the cult of Beige and Boredom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
9DB23A0E-8B81-403F-8655-8FF2564F2DC8.png

Oh poor Elizabeth, Anna could use with more money. She doesn’t care about small book store.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Imagine if Anna is secretly plotting to "give Mark extended leave" once fig is here. He can become full time dad/sandals and socks wearing Kevin from motherland and she can reclaim her channel. Maybe that's why she doesn't care about such poor views?

She seems the type to not have the guts to fire him but to "promote him" to full time care giver and she can actually hire a professional to help her dwindling career?? I would actually be impressed if she does. Heaven knows she needs to.

Edit: She probably has 1001 lists with all the details planned, hidden in a special shared work folder as far away from Mark's favourite "twitcher photos" folder as she can hide it.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.