The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it definitely fake? Like it's not just the tester thing making you think so? I used to buy from, I think perfume direct, and some were box damaged, unboxed , some testers (especially if discontinued) etc buy they were real.
i didn’t think of this! it could also be a bottle marked as a tester which never actually made it out onto a shop floor. OP - like pup says, is there anything else making you think it’s fake?

i don’t think she’ll get a chargeback with her bank sadly - the product has been delivered to her as ordered (ie, it’s a bottle of perfume). is it the right perfume but just a tester? have you checked through the website she used? they’re normally pretty smart on how they word things in terms of not claiming to be associated with real brands etc. if there’s wording in there that implies it would be a real legitimate product then there’s no harm in trying the bank.

the only way i can think is to request a refund directly from the website itself. though i will say that i don’t know many people who have had luck with that in similar situations :(
It's the right perfume but it's clearly a fake - the bottle is shoddy and the perfume itself smells slightly off.
She's emailed to request a refund as her bank says that's the first step.

Is it definitely fake? Like it's not just the tester thing making you think so? I used to buy from, I think perfume direct, and some were box damaged, unboxed , some testers (especially if discontinued) etc buy they were real.
Yeah for sure it's fake 😥
Trust pilot (I googled it once she told me where she got it from) gives it 2 stars and a lot of reviews saying its a scam website.

i didn’t think of this! it could also be a bottle marked as a tester which never actually made it out onto a shop floor. OP - like pup says, is there anything else making you think it’s fake?
I'm sure, I have the real one and compared side to side its obvious. The wesite is unfortunately listed as based in Bulgaria and is now not listing any perfumes for sale either just other beauty products eg chanel foundation etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
It's the right perfume but it's clearly a fake - the bottle is shoddy and the perfume itself smells slightly off.
She's emailed to request a refund as her bank says that's the first step.
Yeah for sure it's fake 😥
Trust pilot (I googled it once she told me where she got it from) gives it 2 stars and a lot of reviews saying its a scam website.

I'm sure, I have the real one and compared side to side its obvious. The wesite is unfortunately listed as based in Bulgaria and is now not listing any perfumes for sale either just other beauty products eg chanel foundation etc.
aw i’m sorry :( it’s so easy to get caught out ivy these things!

i would note all these things for the bank (that they’re now no longer listing perfumes for sale, potentially don’t reply to your email, confirmed on trust pilot as a scam) to make a good case for your mum. it might be worth her cancelling the payment card she used too, just to be on the safe side.

aw i’m sorry :( it’s so easy to get caught out ivy these things!

i would note all these things for the bank (that they’re now no longer listing perfumes for sale, potentially don’t reply to your email, confirmed on trust pilot as a scam) to make a good case for your mum. it might be worth her cancelling the payment card she used too, just to be on the safe side.
Thanks I appreciate that 💕I'm really stressed out as to me it was obviously dodgy but clearly to her it was not. And that makes me worry about her safety online in general..

Thank you - I will definitely help her compile all these things, I think we have to wait to give the company a chance to reply first.

Would anyone have any ideas on how I could get a stain out of a suede trainer? 😩😩
I saw a reel on Instagram and they used miceller water to get stains out of suede shoes. I thought of this question immediately

Reactions: 3
Not really a big dilemma, can talk to family & friends etc however am curious to hear complete outsider advice. Am I being unreasonable for saying my other half’s daughter can’t stay on a school night?Just a bit of background - I’ve just had a baby, he’s 10 weeks old and I have two other children (previous relationship)

Not really a big dilemma, can talk to family & friends etc however am curious to hear complete outsider advice. Am I being unreasonable for saying my other half’s daughter can’t stay on a school night?Just a bit of background - I’ve just had a baby, he’s 10 weeks old and I have two other children (previous relationship)
Honestly I think so. Don't get me wrong.. understand your baby is young and you dont need the added stress but your other children are there everyday. As the child in this scenario i think it would be unfair. What's his childcare agreement with their mother?

Reactions: 8
That’s what I mean I’m a bit torn and feel bad. I have only said no to school days, just to add she stays every weekend. There isn’t really an agreed arrangement in place with them.

That’s what I mean I’m a bit torn and feel bad. I have only said no to school days, just to add she stays every weekend. There isn’t really an agreed arrangement in place with them.
I think the compromise is perhaps he needs to do more if she stays. So he needs to take on the care for her so your routine is not disturbed. I think she should be allowed to stay tho .. she must feel so left out. Hope you can come to a compromise.

Reactions: 4
I think the compromise is perhaps he needs to do more if she stays. So he needs to take on the care for her so your routine is not disturbed. I think she should be allowed to stay tho .. she must feel so left out. Hope you can come to a compromise.
True, I had not thought of it like that. That’s why I feel so bad because I am very conscious of making sure that she is not left out. I just feel school days should be down to her mum but maybe I am wrong.

Bit of a tricky one, I wouldn't think it fair to tell her no when it's not her fault her dad has gotten into a relationship when there's other kids there, is she disturbing the baby? Perhaps you can talk with her an let her know that so long as your schedule with the baby isn't disturbed then she's fine to stay, I'd understand if she was being loud an making noise but if she's being quiet then it would be a bit unfair if she wanted to be there with her dad

Reactions: 3
True, I had not thought of it like that. That’s why I feel so bad because I am very conscious of making sure that she is not left out. I just feel school days should be down to her mum but maybe I am wrong.
He's her dad and school days should be as much his responsibility. If you use that line he may turn that on you one day.. "well your the mum so school days are on you". I think he just has to reassure you he's going to step up and take care of her on that day so that you are not dealing with extra stress. I think you really need to let her stay, think of the long term goals here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bit of a tricky one, I wouldn't think it fair to tell her no when it's not her fault her dad has gotten into a relationship when there's other kids there, is she disturbing the baby? Perhaps you can talk with her an let her know that so long as your schedule with the baby isn't disturbed then she's fine to stay, I'd understand if she was being loud an making noise but if she's being quiet then it would be a bit unfair if she wanted to be there with her dad
I’ve not directly said to her that she can’t stay, I get what you are saying though and like I said i would
never want to make her feel pushed out as I know
I wouldn’t want my own children to feel that way. She doesn’t disturb the baby, no. She does at times think she can pick him up when she wants, which can get frustrating but at the same time I don’t want to be the one telling her not, my other half does deal with that. No she isn’t loud or making noise.

He's her dad and school days should be as much his responsibility. If you use that line he may turn that on you one day.. "well your the mum so school days are on you". I think he just has to reassure you he's going to step up and take care of her on that day so that you are not dealing with extra stress. I think you really need to let her stay, think of the long term goals here.
I probably am being a bit out of order there by saying it’s down to her mum, think that stems from what I’m used to with my own kids, they go to their dads every other weekend and tea during the week so maybe it’s a case of what I’m used to. Think he does need to take more of it on too, I do majority for her when she’s here which i don’t mind but it can get a bit much at the same time. My house also isn’t very big and when my daughter isn’t at her boyfriend’s or dads then his daughter has to sleep on the sofa which I feel isn’t very good for and better off in her own bed.

Last edited:
Yes I think you’re being unreasonable. Some reasons that spring to mind.
1. He is a parent, that doesn’t mean weekends only. Years down the line if you separated from your partner and he said no to having your child because ‘weeknights are for Mum’s to sort out and the Mrs doesn’t want them here’ would that be ok? would it be ok if your child said ‘daddy doesn’t want me to stay because daddy’s partner said no’?
2. Assuming your other 2 kids live with you she has to see that they get to spend every day with her Daddy as well as the new baby but she’s not allowed. How do you think that makes her feel? And then to be told she’s not welcome some days.
3. You’ve had two children, you know the juggle. If you were a first time mum, trying to figure it out, needing space, I’d understand more.
4. She’s going to be feeling more replaced than ever before. Not only are there two step children but now another of Daddy’s own. She’s going through some serious stuff here and is probably wanting and needs reassurance
5. At 10 is it that much harder to get her ready for school? If your other kids aren’t at school or at a different school and it means having to get up and out then I understand it’s a pain but then your partner should be helping to make it work. Getting ready the night before etc
6. Shouldn’t your partners daughter be welcome in his house any time, day or night?

Perhaps I’m missing the problem her saying causes. I do think she needs to understand she has to be really organised of a morning and your partner should be helping by taking care of the older kids while you tend to the baby but not in a way that it’s his responsibility to take care of her specifically. Rather than ‘Daddy is devoting time to me’ it can come off as ‘step mum isn’t interested, only daddy’ and make her feel different from the other kids.
This is a massive thing for her, potentially really emotionally damaging. She needs to know she’s just as important and welcome than any of the other kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh gosh,

Yes sorry, I think you are being. That's his child. Your children are with you by default. His child needs to be included. I'm presuming he either wants her to stay or she needs to due to her mum's working hours. That's blended families in my opinion.

Reactions: 8
Does she go to the same school as the other kids? Is that part of the problem multiple school drop offs?

Reactions: 2
I’ve not directly said to her that she can’t stay, I get what you are saying though and like I said i would
never want to make her feel pushed out as I know
I wouldn’t want my own children to feel that way. She doesn’t disturb the baby, no. She does at times think she can pick him up when she wants, which can get frustrating but at the same time I don’t want to be the one telling her not, my other half does deal with that. No she isn’t loud or making noise.

I probably am being a bit out of order there by saying it’s down to her mum, think that stems from what I’m used to with my own kids, they go to their dads every other weekend and tea during the week so maybe it’s a case of what I’m used to. Think he does need to take more of it on too, I do majority for her when she’s here which i don’t mind but it can get a bit much at the same time. My house also isn’t very big and when my daughter isn’t at her boyfriend’s or dads then his daughter has to sleep on the sofa which I feel isn’t very good for and better off in her own bed.
If your daughters older enough to stay at her boyfriends/dads could you not work with her so his daughter gets a bed during the week?

Sorry to be blunt but you can see why she may feel left out, he dads remarried, taken on two kids and now had a baby and the when she does come to stay she doesn’t get a bed or space of her own.

Reactions: 9
We had a big leak downstairs and kitchen end panels and plinths were damaged along with flooring, skirting boards, oak doors etc. It's a huge space and Insurers have offered us a cash settlement which is too low to even cover the flooring costs. But our kitchen supplier have discontinued our kitchen so no longer have any of the things we need to repair. Because they have to replace a like for like and our kitchen is no longer available will they have to replace the kitchen or just say tough tit, accept the money or get fucked? I don't know how any of it works as have never claimed for anything. We've tried calling them but they don't work Saturdays. Which I would have thought would have been their busiest day!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.