The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question. Would you expect both your children to be invited to a child’s bday party if they were only 2 years age diff or just the one that’s close in age to the child celebrating their bday?

Question. Would you expect both your children to be invited to a child’s bday party if they were only 2 years age diff or just the one that’s close in age to the child celebrating their bday?
not a parent so feel free to ignore. It depends on the circumstances.

is the birthday child a friend or classmate from school or a family friend’s child?

Reactions: 2
I might be annoyed but it’s not your event so you go along with the host

It depends, were both invited? Or just the one that goes to class/plays with the bday child, if both hang about with the bday child then I'd imagine both could go but if only one did then I wouldn't expect the sibling that doesn't could go

There's two years between me an my brother but we didn't go to each others classmates/friends bdays (even if we knew the friend) this is also the same for my cousin's kids, there are some that's a year apart in age but they don't get invited to the siblings friends/classmates party's

It also depends on the host, if they are putting on a party for their kids bday then I'd assume they wouldn't want siblings of their friends if they didn't hang about/go to class with no matter how close in age they were

Reactions: 3
Just the child that was friends with the birthday child - especially if school age. Maybe a bit more of a grey area if you know them through nursery / baby groups where both children attend. 2 years age difference is quite a lot when they get a bit older.

Reactions: 3
Just the child who is closest in age (assuming it’s a class party invite) but I wouldn’t have much of a problem with a sibling coming along if the parent was struggling with getting someone to look after them on that day - it just depends on circs - is it a hall party (in which case usually it’s pretty easy) but if it’s something where numbers count a bit more then that’s a conversation to be had….

Reactions: 1
Just the one closest in age, unless they were family friends, rather than a school friend of one.

However , I might be tempted to ask if the other could come to , and offer to pay for the additional child .

Can anyone recommend any protein chocolate bars? Like actual chocolate not a flapjack, brownie etc.

Just the one closest in age

Can anyone recommend any protein chocolate bars? Like actual chocolate not a flapjack, brownie etc.
I haven’t seen protein choc bars. Plenty flapjacks and brownies etc. actually now I think of it don’t they do a Mars protein bar? Im not sure if it’s genuinely worth out though based on the price and the amount of protein

Question. My eldest when he lived here thought very charmingly how nice it'd be to bring bedbugs here. No matter what I try the evil little critters won't go (the bedbugs, not my son!!) Does anybody know any ways of getting rid of them barring complete fumigation of house which I really cannot afford.

Question. My eldest when he lived here thought very charmingly how nice it'd be to bring bedbugs here. No matter what I try the evil little critters won't go (the bedbugs, not my son!!) Does anybody know any ways of getting rid of them barring complete fumigation of house which I really cannot afford.
never had them but did extensive research in an ocd haze over the summer and complete fumigation is the only way. the longer you have them (and it sounds like you’ve had them a while?) the more they will breed. they also like travelling from room to room once they’re properly settled. once it’s at that level you can really only get rid of them professionally.

Be careful with chocolate protein bars as they can be a lot of talk and no trousers with the protein content claims - thefitnesschef on instagram has loads of examples where he takes normal, cheap food and compares them with food that’s got “high in protein” slapped on the front for a higher price! One of them was the protein snickers (I think?)

All that said, have you looked on MyProtein? They have a lot of their own treat stuff, the other one is grenade bars.

Be careful with chocolate protein bars as they can be a lot of talk and no trousers with the protein content claims - thefitnesschef on instagram has loads of examples where he takes normal, cheap food and compares them with food that’s got “high in protein” slapped on the front for a higher price! One of them was the protein snickers (I think?)

All that said, have you looked on MyProtein? They have a lot of their own treat stuff, the other one is grenade bars.
The protein snickers has about 15g protein so it's alright but a lot of protein snacks will say that when they only have 5g which is hardly any. With protein bars, I would consider them decent if they have 19-20g protein per 200 or max 250kcal

Clean the mattresses with a stiff bristle brush and hoover. Then empty the hoover immediately! buy plastic bed covers that encompass the whole bed and leave on for a year. Hoover everything, and nuke all your laundry on the hottest wash they can handle.

Grenade Carb Killa are quite nice and have a good range of flavours. The texture isn't quite chocolate though but is the closest I've found.
I prefer Grenade too, they are closest to a "treat" although like you say, they are not a chocolate bar like you'd pick up a bar of dairy milk. Vive ones are very nice too, apparently Morrisons do them, but I've only ever bought online. Myprotein have done a range with Hotel Chocolat, but I've never tried these.

Grenade and Fulfil are my favourites. Holland Barrett own brand PE Bar are decent and a little more affordable too. You need to manage your expectations though, they’re not gonna compete with Lindt!

Protein bars are convenient for an on the move snack and can scratch the chocolate itch without revving up blood sugar, but can work out as an expensive way to get protein and if you’re calorie conscious then they’re still around the same cals as most chocolate bars.

Thanks for the comments.
It’s a hall party for a 3 year old with bouncy castle & soft play. They’re not in nursery so don’t have ‘friends’ beyond family and friends children but there are plenty of a similar age. The idea is not to invite children over around 6 because they’ll take over the activities and be too boisterous for the little ones (going by last year). I think that’s understandable, or at least not unacceptable.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.