The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just the one closest in age

I haven’t seen protein choc bars. Plenty flapjacks and brownies etc. actually now I think of it don’t they do a Mars protein bar? Im not sure if it’s genuinely worth out though based on the price and the amount of protein
You're right there, they do indeed do a Mars Bar protein bar. For the chocolate lovers amongst us I must caution you - I tried one and it tastes like the contents of a hoover bag

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thanks for the comments.
It’s a hall party for a 3 year old with bouncy castle & soft play. They’re not in nursery so don’t have ‘friends’ beyond family and friends children but there are plenty of a similar age. The idea is not to invite children over around 6 because they’ll take over the activities and be too boisterous for the little ones (going by last year). I think that’s understandable, or at least not unacceptable.
If it’s your party invite who you want. And just say 5 and under only. I would think even 6 is a bit big for the littles. Unless your ither child is 6! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone take gut supplements? I hear people rave about Symprove but I’m not paying that 🤣 would an everyday BioAcidophilus suffice? I drink a daily can of Remedy kombucha.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone take gut supplements? I hear people rave about Symprove but I’m not paying that 🤣 would an everyday BioAcidophilus suffice? I drink a daily can of Remedy kombucha.
I have taken them for years but recently ran out and they aren't on offer at h and b at the moment but can't say I have noticed any difference. I also drink Kombucha.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
A probiotic from the likes of biocult is just as good as symprove and nowhere near the price. Symprove is way over priced for what it is

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have taken them for years but recently ran out and they aren't on offer at h and b at the moment but can't say I have noticed any difference. I also drink Kombucha.
A probiotic from the likes of biocult is just as good as symprove and nowhere near the price. Symprove is way over priced for what it is
Thank you both 💕 I’m not exposed to influencers using Symprove but seen a lot when I searched posts on here 😱 I bought loads of Remedy from Holland and Barrett and still working through it but think I will add the BioCare BioAcidophilus (I use their multivitamins) and see what it’s like…

Personally kombucha is not beneficial for me or my gut. It has too many FODMAPs. Reading reviews on how other people get on with a supplements is a good idea but take it with a pinch of salt. What works for some people might not be suited for you. I got sick trying Yakult which many people love. Also google the strains of bacteria cultures included and what they do. It is interesting. Some are better suited for the task of healing the gut. I like the strain in Culina yogurt, it’s a great reset when my balance is off:

C613B980-3A25-45E6-A6AF-5E700DE1DFF8.jpeg

• Heart
Talk about a random problem!

My hair is super static since the cold snap. I’ve never had this before. I swear if my hair was short I’d have a fro.

Is there anything I can do? It’s very annoying

My hair is super static since the cold snap. I’ve never had this before. I swear if my hair was short I’d have a fro.

Do you have a humidifier you can run? That’s the first thing I would try

I would opt for some hair serum lightly applied to ends and roots once you’ve styled and then hair spray over that - should weigh it down a little and the serum adds moisture which should combat the static

Has anyone been in a housing estate that's come with a garden maintenance thing? When we moved into our house almost 13 years ago we knew it was something we had to pay yearly for which at the time was fine because the gardens around the area were being done as was the park, however as the years went on work slowed, company's changed an now work is not being done

We have a community page an the vast majority don't want to pay anymore, they built new house an put everyone's bills up plus included billing the new houses, they said it was because there was more land to cover, but the new land they need to cover is tiny since the new house company didn't put in any gardens, now we have a bill for plant replacement at £200 but none of us know where these plants are, no one's been seen since last spring working, they also take 3k a month (split between all houses) for inspecting the playparks that again no one has ever seen them at, an it's not a quiet area, there's always people going about an more than enough houses looking onto all these areas

Is there a way to get out of this? I had thought this was only a 10 year contract

Has anyone been in a housing estate that's come with a garden maintenance thing? When we moved into our house almost 13 years ago we knew it was something we had to pay yearly for which at the time was fine because the gardens around the area were being done as was the park, however as the years went on work slowed, company's changed an now work is not being done

We have a community page an the vast majority don't want to pay anymore, they built new house an put everyone's bills up plus included billing the new houses, they said it was because there was more land to cover, but the new land they need to cover is tiny since the new house company didn't put in any gardens, now we have a bill for plant replacement at £200 but none of us know where these plants are, no one's been seen since last spring working, they also take 3k a month (split between all houses) for inspecting the playparks that again no one has ever seen them at, an it's not a quiet area, there's always people going about an more than enough houses looking onto all these areas

Is there a way to get out of this? I had thought this was only a 10 year contract
Are you leasehold or on a private estate? If so you will have paperwork, likely your lease/title that explains costs you are liable for. It’s unlikely it’s a 10 year thing, who would be covering the costs after 10 years?

You are legally entitled to request copies of the invoices, contacts etc. Contact who sends the bill and raise it will them.

Do you have access to your deeds and the housing company contract?

Are you leasehold or on a private estate? If so you will have paperwork, likely your lease/title that explains costs you are liable for. It’s unlikely it’s a 10 year thing, who would be covering the costs after 10 years?

You are legally entitled to request copies of the invoices, contacts etc. Contact who sends the bill and raise it will them.
It's a private estate an we own the home, but my understanding was that it was only going to he covered 10 years then it would be up to us to maintain it, one of the gardens is at the side of my house so I'd have no problem looking after it, I'll look into requesting the invoices an such

Do you have access to your deeds and the housing company contract?
It's all with the lawyer for safekeeping but I'll look into getting a copy sent

Tbh am more mad they are starting to send out extra bills for things like plants when they have never been seen, an it's always obvious when they are here because they park their vans all over the place an leave them

Reactions: 3
Anyone had success getting money back after buying something from a dodgy website?

My mum is very naive and bought some perfume online from a website without properly researching it. The perfume has arrived and it's clearly a fake, it says "Tester - not for sale" on the box. No info on the website about refund policy only a contact email.

She's emailed them to ask for the refund, but do you think the next option is to ask for chargeback with her bank?

Anyone had success getting money back after buying something from a dodgy website?

My mum is very naive and bought some perfume online from a website without properly researching it. The perfume has arrived and it's clearly a fake, it says "Tester - not for sale" on the box. No info on the website about refund policy only a contact email.

She's emailed them to ask for the refund, but do you think the next option is to ask for chargeback with her bank?
i don’t think she’ll get a chargeback with her bank sadly - the product has been delivered to her as ordered (ie, it’s a bottle of perfume). is it the right perfume but just a tester? have you checked through the website she used? they’re normally pretty smart on how they word things in terms of not claiming to be associated with real brands etc. if there’s wording in there that implies it would be a real legitimate product then there’s no harm in trying the bank.

the only way i can think is to request a refund directly from the website itself. though i will say that i don’t know many people who have had luck with that in similar situations :(

Is it definitely fake? Like it's not just the tester thing making you think so? I used to buy from, I think perfume direct, and some were box damaged, unboxed , some testers (especially if discontinued) etc buy they were real.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.