The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No sorry I didn't mean to imply anything like that, I am not being cynical about this at all. They didn't engineer this at all, and it was a horrible thing to happen. The silver lining is that they have a really interesting relevant story that is generating a lot of discussion and interest which can only be good for the lads.

I agree that they were completely screwed over about that bumper sticker thing, and that it was taken out of context. If anyone listened to their podcasts at all they would realise that the lads are very decent and the furthest thing in the world from misogynists.
Are you sure you’re not Niamh?? 😂 they may not be misogynists but they’ve made very ignorant misogynistic comments in the past…

on a different note, doesn’t Niamh’s behaviour not amount to stalking or harassment of Johnny? He’s made it clear to her and all her accounts to leave him alone and then the Shannen Boyle thing happens. Can’t he go to the Garda with that?

Reactions: 16
Are you sure you’re not Niamh?? 😂 they may not be misogynists but they’ve made very ignorant misogynistic comments in the past…

on a different note, doesn’t Niamh’s behaviour not amount to stalking or harassment of Johnny? He’s made it clear to her and all her accounts to leave him alone and then the Shannen Boyle thing happens. Can’t he go to the Garda with that?
Absolutely could. And cops can trace the devices these messages come and could identify if the same devices were being used

Reactions: 1
It's an odd one. He is either incredibly naive, or he is in on it. The bit that doesn't make sense is, what does he have to gain by being in on it
I think its quite common with catfishes that sometimes the victim knows something is up but almost doesn't want to know the truth, maybe cause they're so in love with the fantasy

Reactions: 14
I think its quite common with catfishes that sometimes the victim knows something is up but almost doesn't want to know the truth, maybe cause they're so in love with the fantasy
Yeah the psychologist kind of implied that too. In the long term cases, it kinda takes two to tango I guess :(

Reactions: 4
What I don’t get is what’s her aim here? She’s clearly invested a lot of time and effort in this to get in with these fellas but for what? She inserts the real her in to these relationships as the friend that turns up when the catfish breaks a nail or kills a relative 👀
Does she think they are gonna forget the babe they are talking to and fall for her instead 🧐 wonder how that’s worked out for her…

Reactions: 19
What I don’t get is what’s her aim here? She’s clearly invested a lot of time and effort in this to get in with these fellas but for what? She inserts the real her in to these relationships as the friend that turns up when the catfish breaks a nail or kills a relative 👀
Does she think they are gonna forget the babe they are talking to and fall for her instead 🧐 wonder how that’s worked out for her…
I don't think she has got the long term plan figured out. I'd say she's just addicted to the interaction and the dopamine hit she gets through the interaction

Reactions: 24
Maybe it's some kind of kick that that are controlling the victim in a way.....totally bizarre even the amount of time and accounts she must have had to orchestrate it all.

Reactions: 9
Maybe it's some kind of kick that that are controlling the victim in a way.....totally bizarre even the amount of time and accounts she must have had to orchestrate it all.
How would anyone have the time, that's what I can't figure out. Keeping like a dozen accounts on the go, liking and commenting on each other's pictures, never to mind all the DMs etc

Reactions: 21
What do ye all think Niamh’s next move will be here? Her go to behaviour is now disabled (catfishing guys), for a while at least. If she came across this forum do you reckon she would defend Nicky? Or would her obsession for Johnny make her defend him and act as part of the group talking about how shocking it all is?

What do ye all think Niamh’s next move will be here? Her go to behaviour is now disabled (catfishing guys), for a while at least. If she came across this forum do you reckon she would defend Nicky? Or would her obsession for Johnny make her defend him and act as part of the group talking about how shocking it all is?
I dont think she's obsessed with Johnny or any of her targets. She likes being associated with the celebrity status. I wouldnt be surprised if she's already registered on here.

Reactions: 42
I dont think she's obsessed with Johnny or any of her targets. She likes being associated with the celebrity status. I wouldnt be surprised if she's already registered on here.
One thing is for sure, she was definitely at the 2Johnnies 3Arena gig. Would love to have been seated next to her when the guys started the live segment on the catfishing story! Can you imagine the panic, for all she knew she was about to be revealed to a live audience :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Hi all, I actually created an account just so I could comment here.

Listened to this over the past two weeks and it's almost like listening to the Serial podcast way back when! Absolutely mad stuff.

I know this is a gossip site, but I have to disagree with the public identification / outing of Nikki and Footballer Paul.

Like we know she has done terrible stuff and that she needs help. But publicly ID'ing her so she can be vilified online is not going to help the thing.
Also in fairness to footballer Paul, he actually spoke to the lads in confidence and it's not right that his ID should be implied by the post above.

Side note: seriously impressive sleuthing by people on this thread.

The lads went to great lengths to use pseudonyms on the podcast for all involved. I think any posts earlier that identify Nikki or Footballer Paul should be edited or deleted (unpopular opinion for a gossip site I know!).

Like we can all continue to discuss this madness without having to explicitly name the names!
I understand where you’re coming from 100%. I actually decided not to share half of what has been circulating around the place. But this was never going to end pretty, and I think Niamh deserves to be outed publicly. As stated previously, she has been given numerous opportunities to stop this and apologise, but she kept digging a hole for herself and hiding behind more fake pages. This was never going to end unless she was outed unfortunately. She has stalked men around different cities, taken photos without consent, harassed them in their own college, stolen real people’s identities and even asked for (and received) nudes off some men. Imagine the betrayal you would feel if you found out the person you were opening up to, getting to know and starting to trust was a fake person? Catfishing is a serious and dangerous topic that needs to be discussed, and I’m sorry but the people that are behind these fake profiles need to be outed and dare I say- shamed. Mental health can’t be blamed when it’s going on for 7-9 years. I think if the genders were reversed, we would have no problem outing and shaming a man if he fooled and manipulated women into sending explicit photos of themselves for the guts of 9 years. It’s odd behaviour and she needs to know it’s not ok.
As for Paul, I don’t want to say too much about him as maybe he really is that naive. I’m sceptical however, and would say he also needs a kick in the hole for being friends with her alone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
One thing is for sure, she was definitely at the 2Johnnies 3Arena gig. Would love to have been seated next to her when the guys started the live segment on the catfishing story! Can you imagine the panic, for all she knew she was about to be revealed to a live audience :ROFLMAO:
You're right, she must have been because didn't the "Muireann" email come in only hours after the gig!

I understand where you’re coming from 100%. I actually decided not to share half of what has been circulating around the place. But this was never going to end pretty, and I think Niamh deserves to be outed publicly. As stated previously, she has been given numerous opportunities to stop this and apologise, but she kept digging a hole for herself and hiding behind more fake pages. This was never going to end unless she was outed unfortunately. She has stalked men around different cities, taken photos without consent, harassed them in their own college, stolen real people’s identities and even asked for (and received) nudes off some men. Imagine the betrayal you would feel if you found out the person you were opening up to, getting to know and starting to trust was a fake person? Catfishing is a serious and dangerous topic that needs to be discussed, and I’m sorry but the people that are behind these fake profiles need to be outed and dare I say- shamed. Mental health can’t be blamed when it’s going on for 7-9 years. I think if the genders were reversed, we would have no problem outing and shaming a man if he fooled and manipulated women into sending explicit photos of themselves for the guts of 9 years. It’s odd behaviour and she needs to know it’s not ok.
As for Paul, I don’t want to say too much about him as maybe he really is that naive. I’m sceptical however, and would say he also needs a kick in the hole for being friends with her alone.
Thanks for the reply, in fairness I see there are two sides to it alright

Reactions: 8

Genuine question - what have they said in the past?

You're right, she must have been because didn't the "Muireann" email come in only hours after the gig!

Thanks for the reply, in fairness I see there are two sides to it alright
How much did they actually know at the gig? Wasnt the breakfast etc afterwards?

Reactions: 2
They knew everything that was told in episode 1 of the podcast, it was basically the exact same story with some more details. Episode 2 is what came out after the live show

Hi,
No the breakfast etc was before the 2arena gig. At the gig they did a condensed version of the first catfish podcast episode one so everything you heard in that episode had already taken place. I'm assuming in the weeks or couple of months prior to the gig. That included Johnny having had the breakfast and been dropped home by "Nikki" and they played the audio of his confronting "Nikki" on the phone having realised she was a catfish.

Reactions: 6
Hi,
No the breakfast etc was before the 2arena gig. At the gig they did a condensed version of the first catfish podcast episode one so everything you heard in that episode had already taken place. I'm assuming in the weeks or couple of months prior to the gig. That included Johnny having had the breakfast and been dropped home by "Nikki" and they played the audio of his confronting "Nikki" on the phone having realised she was a catfish.
How cringe for her to listen to herself while she was in the audience

• Haha
Hi,
Raging I missed it now, had ticket for the original one but couldn't make the new date 🙄
Genuine question - what have they said in the past?
I cant think of anything specific myself but I know when listening to the pod I have raised my eyebrows a few times. Generally they tend to come from a place of ignorance/privilege rather than misogyny and I've found they're open to being corrected,learning and trying to do better.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.