The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is nuts. I know of that girl Niamh🙈 and she has done this before, about 8 years ago, she was claiming to be going out with an ulster County player going to all his games and getting photos after the match like a normal fan but putting on her Instagram that she was supporting her boyfriend 🙈 I can't believe this is possibly her

• Wow
Reactions: 68
I went to university with Niamh and can confirm she has been behaving like this from she was 16/17. She told everyone she was going out with a well known Monaghan footballer after her break up with ‘Matt’. The footballer reported her to the university for spreading lies which resulted in her almost being put out in final year. We graduated in 2016 and I honestly forgot half of what happened but when I heard the podcast last week it all came flooding back. As soon as I heard the recording of Nikki I knew it was her. I would have hoped that she grew out of this behaviour and it’s very sad to see the extent of what this has now become.

• Wow
Reactions: 77
How have people made the connection that Niamh is Nikki? What gave it away? I can’t keep up

Reactions: 11
Niamh was in Kevin O’H’s Instagram from around the time he reckons he was going out with ‘Emma’. Niamh was commenting on the edited photos of him and Emma, as was ‘Cora’. Niamh and Kevin are the only two real people with real profiles interacting with these fake accounts- not saying he fully knew what was going on though

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I honestly thought half this story heavily embellished by the 2Johnnies til I came here and saw the pictures. Scary stuff 😳 I feel bad for football Paul having his name out there now though. Either he was genuinely duped and is surely kicking himself for believing it for so long or else he’s involved in someway. Now, I know it’s not the fault of any of the lads involved but have they seriously never watched an episode of catfish? Rule number one, if they refuse to video call you after talking for ages, you are hung catfished!
I do think it’s good they put it on the pod. No harm in raising awareness as to what can happen with online dating, it’ll definitely help some listeners down the line.

Niamh was in Kevin O’H’s Instagram from around the time he reckons he was going out with ‘Emma’. Niamh was commenting on the edited photos of him and Emma, as was ‘Cora’. Niamh and Kevin are the only two real people with real profiles interacting with these fake accounts- not saying he fully knew what was going on though
he also posted the photoshopped black and white picture? He has to be involved in someway if he did that?!? 😳

Reactions: 25
How did ye make the connection to the footballer?? I thought they didn't give out his name?? Not that I'm complaining or anything :LOL: I love all this sort of stuff!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I really don’t think footballer Paul (Kevin) knew, it seems like he was friends with Niamh in real life and she absolutely duped him. Just seems like a lad who was buzzin a stunning girl fancied him. He probs did have feelings for her

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Madness!🤯 Do we know where this Niamh one is from?
Monaghan I think.

You would think if she's been doing it for this long her family/friends would have become aware of it and have intervened. I really don't believe there is nothing illegal going on here

Reactions: 10
Think she's from Armagh, but claimed to be from Monaghan due to her football boyfriend at the time 🤮

Reactions: 6
I went to university with Niamh and can confirm she has been behaving like this from she was 16/17. She told everyone she was going out with a well known Monaghan footballer after her break up with ‘Matt’. The footballer reported her to the university for spreading lies which resulted in her almost being put out in final year. We graduated in 2016 and I honestly forgot half of what happened but when I heard the podcast last week it all came flooding back. As soon as I heard the recording of Nikki I knew it was her. I would have hoped that she grew out of this behaviour and it’s very sad to see the extent of what this has now become.
Is her name usually as gaeilge or is that just for social media?

Reactions: 5
Madness!🤯 Do we know where this Niamh one is from?
She had pictures up wearing an Armagh jersey for what seemed like a county colours night in college. This Facebook page has since been taken down but guess who was one of the likes on her Facebook page.. Emma McCarron 😬
I think the girl seriously needs help- she was even making fake pages up until last week trying to be that “Muireann” one and then Lauren with the passport. At this stage she needs to own up, take responsibility as a 27/28 year old woman and move on. Too old to be at this craic, she could put this energy into something far more productive and less harmful.
As for Kevin, I think he was definitely duped for a while, but find it hard to believe he thought he was in a relationship for nearly 4 years with a girl he never met nor ever even FaceTimed. I suppose we don’t know what Niamh had over him.. he could’ve been sucked into something unknown to himself. I think he’ll get a slagging off the lads and it’ll be forgotten about soon. Hope both Niamh and Kevin are looked after by friends and family right now. Might be the wake up call she/ they needed.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The scary thing is she has done this to so many people and then when gets called out on it plays the victim, she nearly got two friends of mine kicked out of uni because they called her out on her tit over the county player and the lies she was telling she went as far as pretending she was at the All Stars with this county player. Posting the programme of the all stars saying so proud of my man etc. But my friends ended up having a very serious disciplinary meeting for bullying and harassment as she was claiming it to be

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Wow, fair play to the web sleuths. Re footballer paul (Kevin) there may be many personal reasons why he was happy for this relationship dynamic so he never pursued meeting her. It’s completely inappropriate to speculate about him specifically but as one example, I had friends in college who were happy to be in relationships where they weren’t intimate as they hadn’t come to terms with their own sexuality yet.

Not at all suggesting this is applicable with Paul but there are many reasons why he may have been just happy with this set up.

Reactions: 22
So glad that there's a thread on this!
I am so invested in this story - the episodes definitely need 2 listens to be honest, I kept getting lost 😅

Reactions: 13
Thanks for all the info, I feel like I need to episode 2 again now and straighten it out in my head!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.